July 6
Kountze def. West End, West End eliminated
July 7
Kountze 16  Jasper 11  F
July 8
Jasper 25  Kountze 15  F, Kountze eliminated

CHAMPION - [color=crimson]JASPER[/color]

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1022468" timestamp="1309926028"]
Jasper wins 17-7  after trailing 1-7 through 5 and 1/2 innings Kountzes starter ran out of pitches and the wheels came off for them. Jasper scored 16 runs in the bottom part of that inning.
[/quote]

Kountze's pitchers walked in 16 runs in that inning, Jasper didnt really do anything. In that game Kountze had 14 hits and Jasper had 3. The Jasper kids had no hits untill the 6th when Kountze's starting pitcher had to come out. Thats right after the 5th when the Jasper kids sacrificed strike-outs to get Kountze's starter over the pitch count. I say sacrificed because the coach kept walking up to the score keeper asking where was he on pitches. When his pitch count got 90, the announcer for Jasper let the coaches know how many pitches he had left over the loud speaker. Kountze didnt get that courtesy. Jasper hitters were getting the take sign on 0-1, 1-1, and 2-1 counts. Same last night but Kountze pitchers were throwing strikes so it didnt work out so well for Jasper. Anyway, maybe the coaches over in Jasper will have a little faith in their hitters tonight. I bet those boys could hit if the coach will let'em. Maybe the game wont last till midnight like it has the last 2 times.

[quote name="GunsBaseball" post="1023155" timestamp="1310142100"]
[quote author=jimmyw link=topic=85312.msg1022468#msg1022468 date=1309926028]
Jasper wins 17-7  after trailing 1-7 through 5 and 1/2 innings Kountzes starter ran out of pitches and the wheels came off for them. Jasper scored 16 runs in the bottom part of that inning.
[/quote]

Kountze's pitchers walked in 16 runs in that inning, Jasper didnt really do anything. In that game Kountze had 14 hits and Jasper had 3. The Jasper kids had no hits untill the 6th when Kountze's starting pitcher had to come out. Thats right after the 5th when the Jasper kids sacrificed strike-outs to get Kountze's starter over the pitch count. I say sacrificed because the coach kept walking up to the score keeper asking where was he on pitches. When his pitch count got 90, the announcer for Jasper let the coaches know how many pitches he had left over the loud speaker. Kountze didnt get that courtesy. Jasper hitters were
getting the take sign on 0-1, 1-1, and 2-1 counts. Same last night but Kountze pitchers were throwing
strikes so it didnt work out so well for Jasper. Anyway, maybe the coaches over in Jasper will have a little faith in their hitters tonight. I bet those boys could hit if the coach will let'em. Maybe the game wont last
till midnight like it has the last 2 times.
[/quote]

First of all you must not have been watching very closely we were swinging on first pitch to not get behind in the count.  NO ONE sacrificed a K to run up his pitch count or was given a take sign. Jasper lead off the 2nd inning with a hit. Kountze had only 5 hits in the 1st game Jasper 4 hits 5 errors. We the Jasper coaches were making sure on OUR pitchers pitch count to save them in case of a loss. P.S. I think we have faith in our hitters our 13 yr olds have been to the state tourn the past 2 years.

[quote name="jimmyw" post="1023381" timestamp="1310190123"]
Jasper wins 25-15.I don't even want to know how many errors were in the game. I just hope Jasper represents District 12 good.
[/quote]

Kountze had 4 errors Jasper had 13 hits 4 hbp 14 bb

[quote name="T-daddy" post="1023551" timestamp="1310268943"]
[quote author=GunsBaseball link=topic=85312.msg1023155#msg1023155 date=1310142100]
[quote author=jimmyw link=topic=85312.msg1022468#msg1022468 date=1309926028]
Jasper wins 17-7  after trailing 1-7 through 5 and 1/2 innings Kountzes starter ran out of pitches and the wheels came off for them. Jasper scored 16 runs in the bottom part of that inning.
[/quote]

Kountze's pitchers walked in 16 runs in that inning, Jasper didnt really do anything. In that game Kountze had 14 hits and Jasper had 3. The Jasper kids had no hits untill the 6th when Kountze's starting pitcher had to come out. Thats right after the 5th when the Jasper kids sacrificed strike-outs to get Kountze's starter over the pitch count. I say sacrificed because the coach kept walking up to the score keeper asking where was he on pitches. When his pitch count got 90, the announcer for Jasper let the coaches know how many pitches he had left over the loud speaker. Kountze didnt get that courtesy. Jasper hitters were
getting the take sign on 0-1, 1-1, and 2-1 counts. Same last night but Kountze pitchers were throwing
strikes so it didnt work out so well for Jasper. Anyway, maybe the coaches over in Jasper will have a little faith in their hitters tonight. I bet those boys could hit if the coach will let'em. Maybe the game wont last
till midnight like it has the last 2 times.
[/quote]

First of all you must not have been watching very closely we were swinging on first pitch to not get behind in the count.  NO ONE sacrificed a K to run up his pitch count or was given a take sign. Jasper lead off the 2nd inning with a hit. Kountze had only 5 hits in the 1st game Jasper 4 hits 5 errors. We the Jasper coaches were making sure on OUR pitchers pitch count to save them in case of a loss. P.S. I think we have faith in our hitters our 13 yr olds have been to the state tourn the past 2 years.
[/quote]

4 hits in the 1st game? What game were you at??? They did hit the ball well in the 3rd game. Guess taking all those pitches in the 2nd game, and it not paying off, was enough to let the boys swing the bat. Great group of boys, just let them swing the bat!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder