College World Series updates

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="EAGLE07" post="1020021" timestamp="1308688548"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=85058.msg1020019#msg1020019 date=1308688396]
At least the Ags are battling. UT looked as if they didn't care.....not fired up.
[/quote]

this ^^^^^^^
[/quote]

A lot of that I put on the coach, to get his team fired up. The rest is square on the players. If being a part of the CWS doesn't fire you up, then you shouldn't be there anyway.

Ags three outs away.

Guest UHCoog14
CWS teams by state:
Cali-1
Virginia- 1
Florida- 1
South Carolina- 1
Tenn- 1
North Carlonia-1
Texas - 2

Win or lose,
I'll take the Great State of Texas.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="1020364" timestamp="1308833718"]
SEC DOMINANCE once again and in another sport.............3 of the Final Four are SEC teams!!!  Florida and South Carolina have yet to lose!!!!

SEC BABY!!!!!! ;D ;D
[/quote]

Been waiting on you to show up.  ;)

[quote name="oldollie" post="1020410" timestamp="1308846682"]
Hey Lazeek, we know a great QB goes for $200,000 in the SEC, what the going rate for great pitchers? ;D ;)
[/quote]

SEC can give you 7 national titles with 11 appearances in the title game in Baseball since 1990, 7 BCS titles since 1998, 3 titles in Basketball since 98, 11 Mens indoor track titles since 98, 7 outdoor track titles since 98, and 9 swimming titles since 98 ;D SEC rules Men's college sports period. Be happy with the Longhorn Network because that's all the Big 12 will ever have. ;)  During the same time, the Big 12 has 3 out of 6 in Baseball, 2 for Football, 1 for Basketball, 0 for Indoor Track, 3 for Outdoor track, and 4 for Swimming.  Total Dominance :-*

[quote name="oldollie" post="1020427" timestamp="1308851814"]
I notice you didn't deny the out and out cheating though!! ;D :-* Oh and I would watch any SEC network before I would watch the Longhorn Network!! ;D I really love watching SEC football, but that is one dirty league!!
[/quote]
Nobody has been convicted of anything. If you don't think there's any money being thrown around colleges in Texas then you have your head in the sand. ;D How about all of the Longhorns in jail the last five years. Heck they have thier own wing at the county jail :D With the NFL lockout, probably every college school in America will be paying players. ;)

I have never really understood the conference argument. I could care less about a conference. I love Texas, Florida, and Michigan and don't care what conference they are in. I just don't get why now people get so into fighting about which conference is better? Oh well SEC is hands down better now if it matters. I just don't think it does. Besides it all fluctuates through the years anyway. 

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="1020432" timestamp="1308852883"]
I have never really understood the conference argument. I could care less about a conference. I love Texas, Florida, and Michigan and don't care what conference they are in. I just don't get why now people get so into fighting about which conference is better? Oh well SEC is hands down better now if it matters. I just don't think it does. Besides it all fluctuates through the years anyway.  
[/quote]
It matters in arguments when the 3rd through 6 teams are put in Bowl games, or any other playoffs. It only comes up with the tsips when they began bragging about great they are. The argument has always been to put them in the SEC and just see how great they are. I like and follow teams outside of the SEC, but I get tired of the UT is great mentality. ;D Example is when an SEC football team loses one conference game compared to a Big 12 undefeated team. Who should be the one to go to the BCS Championship? Also, all of the championships I mentioned was since 1998, which was 13 years ago. How for back is considered NOW? ;D

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="oldollie" post="1020438" timestamp="1308853551"]
O.J. wasn't convicted of anything !! ;D By the way I am not a UT fan,you can talk about them all you want to!! :D
[/quote]

Whoa, cowboy!  You need to clarify which trial you are referring to because he's been convicted twice (at least) since that first fiasco.

Guest UHCoog14
There has only been one "automatic qualifying" school that has won a National Championship in football that has NOT been under investigation by the NCAA.

Penn State

[quote name="UHCoog14" post="1020450" timestamp="1308855571"]
There has only been one "automatic qualifying" school that has won a National Championship in football that has NOT been under investigation by the NCAA.

Penn State
[/quote]

And that's because the coach is older then the laws!!! ;D :D

[quote name="king" post="1020733" timestamp="1309026932"]
Sc beat virginia in a great one last night!
[/quote]

That was one of the best games I've watched. Both teams keep fighting, I was wanting Virginia to win so I could watch them play again tonight.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami

• What the writer stated wrt crossover votes in the primary/runoff: "Covey and his supporters Paxton and Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick said Phelan only won because Democrats crossed over to vote in the Republican Primary for him. Paxton said Covey’s campaign identified “at least” 1,442 Democrats who voted early in Jefferson County in the primary runoff. Texas does not have party registration, but a voter’s primary voting history is public. The Covey campaign has not released its methodology behind its claim, but  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  by The Texan news website found that 9% of Republican voters in the March District 21 primary had voted in one of the previous four Democratic primaries. However, only 5% of that group had voted in all four previous Democratic primaries. What Phelan’s opponents did not mention is historically Democratic Jefferson County is undergoing a political transition towards the Republican party — the county judge switched his affiliation to the GOP in 2017 — so many residents have a mixed primary voting history. And Phelan’s allies in the House dismissed the idea that liberals swung the election. "I knocked on doors, hundreds and hundreds of doors, made calls for Dade,” Republican Rep. Jeff Leach, R-Plano, said on Mark Davis’ radio program Wednesday. “I did not speak to a single Democrat down here in HD21. Not a single one." "  
    • He's with it enough to do what he's told, beginning day 1 when he signed the order to revoke the Keystone Pipeline project.  But more recently, he's protecting the DOJ, as well as himself ...  This is the hidden content, please Sign In or Sign Up  
    • Most 75-80 year Olds have some type of cognitive impairment. If you are asking if Biden has dementia then my answer is no. That is a Republican talking point. If you all think he has dementia what type do you think he has?
    • A lot better showing from the Ags tonight!   Bring on Oregon 
  • Topics