Beaumont ISD to redistrict

Saw this in The BMT Underprize  ;D  today.  Does this help, hurt or have zero affect on any of the 3 schools Athletically?

It's been my understanding, and correct me if I'm wrong, BISD has pretty much been a "District of Choice."  So, does drawing new lines really change anything?  Or, are these lines going to become solid?  How does this effect programs at Central and Ozen??

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="1019006" timestamp="1308322614"]
I think the drawing of lines have to do areas that each trustee would represent, not attendance zones for the particular schools.
[/quote]

Ok.....Got'cha, Guess I was reading too fast didn't see trustees involved when I read the first time.......Ok my bad.... topic can go to topic heaven quietly now...... ;D

On the recruitment of Ozen athletes.......LOL

I believe it was told this way to me, when Ozen (NEW HEBERT) became a school,  "all we have to do is open the doors, that's not recruiting"........ So, in the famous words of Wyatt Earp ( from the movie Tombstone)  "REAP IT!!"
;)

Weak Brooke been recruiting for years IMO  :D Remember when WB was getting their rears handed to them on a platter and Ozen was making playoffs season after season? once Ozen stopped making the playoffs what happened? Oh, all of a sudden WB creeps up from the grave and became relevant again. hmmmmmm...... ;) I think Butch had a hand in it. LOL

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1019037" timestamp="1308329847"]
Weak Brooke been recruiting for years IMO  :D Remember when WB was getting their rears handed to them on a platter and Ozen was making playoffs season after season? once Ozen stopped making the playoffs what happened? Oh, all of a sudden WB creeps up from the grave and became relevant again. hmmmmmm...... ;) I think Butch had a hand in it. LOL
[/quote]Don't leave out  :-X. Anyway, I remember Ozen went down fast and  another Beaumont school  :-X begin to rise too... :-X

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1019037" timestamp="1308329847"]
Weak Brooke been recruiting for years IMO  :D Remember when WB was getting their rears handed to them on a platter and Ozen was making playoffs season after season? once Ozen stopped making the playoffs what happened? Oh, all of a sudden WB creeps up from the grave and became relevant again. hmmmmmm...... ;) I think Butch had a hand in it. LOL
[/quote]
This happened to Butch's dismay.  They keep letting kids transfer based on the schools performance on that test.  But instead of the kids that are struggling, they let the kids that are passing transfer not to mention they are 2 elementaries that are zoned to Marshall and Vincent that lie in the Pear.  Doesn't make sense to me.  Plus, Ozen went through a period of revolving coaches.  While Central had the same thing, Central kept winning and Ozen doesn't....

Titan.... Don't let anyone fool you.  I've been through the good, the bad, and the good again, of West Brook.  It was quite the opposite.  Butch's hands were in the creation of NEW HEBERT, which sent West Brook to the Friday night grave yard you speak of.  It was clear, IMO, the intent was to have Ozen be superior in athletics (football and basketball).

"With all due Respect"   1) Ozen barley started making the playoffs much less stop + 2) the slow exudes that had begun combined with + 3) Stump and his QB .......=brought instant and maintained success.  And I said "With all due Respect."............LOL  

Just to add I'm a huge David Green fan!!!!

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1019056" timestamp="1308334065"]
Titan.... Don't let anyone fool you.  I've been through the good, the bad, and the good again, of West Brook.  It was quite the opposite.  Butch's hands were in the creation of NEW HEBERT, which sent West Brook to the Friday night grave yard you speak of.  It was clear, IMO, the intent was to have Ozen be superior in athletics (football and basketball).

"With all due Respect"   1) Ozen barley started making the playoffs much less stop + 2) the slow exudes that had begun combined with + 3) Stump and his QB .......=brought instant and maintained success.  And I said "With all due Respect."............LOL  

[/quote]

That's how it was when 'Old Hebert' was opened.  Forest Park didn't win squat in nothing.....

[quote name="bigdog" post="1019077" timestamp="1308337379"]
Moving from the old W
19-4A to 20-4A didn't help Ozen either.
[/quote]

They faired better under Brooks.  Had a 4-2 record agaist MC during the Brook years plus a bunch of D1 scholarships.  Was 3-3 against WO-S with Lewis and Brooks......

[quote name="SFA85" post="1019063" timestamp="1308334767"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=84989.msg1019056#msg1019056 date=1308334065]

[/quote]

That's how it was when 'Old Hebert' was opened.  Forest Park didn't win squat in nothing.....
[/quote]

Well, good thing, I could care less about the Forest Park era.... I'm from the South Park/West Brook era which wld be where the majority of those 'New Hebert' recruits would be coming from now a days........  ;) 

Loved being around Arthur Lewis!!! Great guy!!

If Ozen played better ball, then students wouldn't want to go to West Brook!    ;D

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1019005" timestamp="1308322523"]
it wont mean a thing. Weak Brooke will still recruits Ozen athletes.  ;D
[/quote]

[quote name="besbolbenbedygud" post="1019197" timestamp="1308373073"]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=84989.msg1019063#msg1019063 date=1308334767]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=84989.msg1019056#msg1019056 date=1308334065]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Well, good thing, I could care less about the Forest Park era.... I'm from the South Park/West Brook era which wld be where the majority of those 'New Hebert' recruits would be coming from now a days........  ;) 

[/quote]

That's just it, you young people have the historical attention span of a gnat.  SP wasn't all that great either.  19 out of 22 starters were from Hebert the first year they opened up which helped them win state in football.  FP/SP not so much....

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1019005" timestamp="1308322523"]
[/quote]
WB doesnt need to recruit....we even have som PAM's that come in....can't blame them for wanting to be champions...

[quote name="WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS?" post="1019264" timestamp="1308405893"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84989.msg1019005#msg1019005 date=1308322523]
[/quote]
WB doesnt need to recruit....we even have som PAM's that come in....can't blame them for wanting to be champions...
[/quote]champions in what? losing 2nd round getting totally embarrassed? wow, guess that's the heart of a champion.  :D

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1019274" timestamp="1308409052"]
[quote author=WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS? link=topic=84989.msg1019264#msg1019264 date=1308405893]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84989.msg1019005#msg1019005 date=1308322523]
[/quote]
[/quote]champions in what? losing 2nd round getting totally embarrassed? wow, guess that's the heart of a champion.  :D
[/quote]
My fault...at Port Arthur Memorial...(DiV 2), we walked to the third round...then got beat by a Tough Houston Memorial Team(Who?)... ::)

WB went to the 2nd round...yes....BUTT..lost to the State Champs..D1.. ;D

[quote name="WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS?" post="1019296" timestamp="1308417632"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84989.msg1019274#msg1019274 date=1308409052]
[quote author=WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS? link=topic=84989.msg1019264#msg1019264 date=1308405893]
[/quote]
[/quote]
My fault...at Port Arthur Memorial...(DiV 2), we walked to the third round...then got beat by a Tough Houston Memorial Team(Who?)... ::)

[/quote]i highly doubt WB woulda had a chance with Houston Memorial with Taylor at QB.  ;)

[quote name="I dont play well with Jaguars" post="1019274" timestamp="1308409052"]
[/quote]
[/quote] :o :o :o :o

[quote name="WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME DA'BROOK WAS SLAPPED BY THE JAGUARS?" post="1019296" timestamp="1308417632"]
[quote author=I dont play well with Jaguars link=topic=84989.msg1019274#msg1019274 date=1308409052]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]Ohh myyy!

[quote name="SFA85" post="1019237" timestamp="1308399548"]
[quote author=besbolbenbedygud link=topic=84989.msg1019197#msg1019197 date=1308373073]
[quote author=SFA85 link=topic=84989.msg1019063#msg1019063 date=1308334767]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's just it, you young people have the historical attention span of a gnat.  SP wasn't all that great either.  19 out of 22 starters were from Hebert the first year they opened up which helped them win state in football.  FP/SP not so much....
[/quote]

Hey,  I said 'with all do respect' .......

Young  ;D  ........  If you say so.  Makes me feel better anyway.....  :D ..... The combo took place in '86....... you have 85 in your name........  I didn't say I don't know about the history?  I said I didn't care.  Maybe I should've said....... it don't matter.  I myself have helped beat a few dead horses over these issues.  I don't need someone from where they... combined three schools........ to stay mediocre.....  ;D  ... to educate me on the history of athletics in Beaumont..........  ;)  have a great day!!

Hey, Soulja I forgot to add that I'm a big Robert Mitchell fan also!! Good luck this season!!
.... HAVE A GREAT SUMMER..... go'na go have mine now {THINKING}(boy i really screwed up starting this thread, I should've re-named it by now).....LOL

[quote name="BMTJags" post="1019008" timestamp="1308322843"]
There is always a wrinkle in the rule.  Right now, West Brook is the Football school in Beaumont.  Most of the better football players will find a way to make their way to the West End.  I don't think you call that recruiting. 
[/quote]

Has always been THE football school in Beaumont since 1982 ;D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami