local AAU players

I watched 2 local players that are on Houston Defender Select 15U team play in McAllen this weekend in the 17U pool. They played several 4A and 5A playoff team summer teams.  C Dumas from Hardin and J Green from Westbrook played very well this weekend,leading their team to win their pool play. Only one loss in OT by 2.  Expect to see good things from these two in the future.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="mfd814" post="1015832" timestamp="1306978829"]
I watched 2 local players that are on Houston Defender Select 15U team play in McAllen this weekend in the 17U pool. They played several 4A and 5A playoff team summer teams.   C Dumas from Hardin and J Green from Westbrook played very well this weekend,leading their team to win their pool play. Only one loss in OT by 2.   Expect to see good things from these two in the future.
[/quote]Are you guys with DS-Dylon'S TEAM?

Local Houston Defender Select players, played in a team camp at A&M this weekend.  15U team got 2nd overall, defeating varsity teams from Houston, Austin. And Dallas area.  14U team lost in Elite 8 in smal school/ JV division.  Incoming freshman at Central and Dayton played great.
Sophmore at Hardin did a good job. Great to see local talent out there.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1020399" timestamp="1308844597"]
The future is looking bright for SE Texas fans. There are quite a few kids from this area now playing AAU ball. I think the talent level cycle will start to rise again with this 2014 class coming up to varsity.
[/quote]

There are more kids playing AAU and that is great. My biggest complaint with AAU is the lack of ability, or lack of willingness, to enforce specific age requirements in tournaments. We play in the 13U/7th grade division and this is an issue in almost every tournament. We don't complain too much because we are playing summer AAU to put our kids in venues with better competition, and I know a lot of AAU boys will be "playing up" in high school and will face older kids, however when there are specific age divisions it would be nice if people adhered to this. Winning isn't everything, and cheating is cheating. I won't mention the specific team but in the Team Sneed tournament July 2-3 one 13 yr old team had a CONFIRMED 15 yr old playing. I don't put full blame on AAU, the rules are in place but the coaches and parents who participate in this should be ashamed......oh well, off of one soapbox and on to the next

There is a lot of that in AAU .  I'm ok with the GEs which are older kids that are in a grade.with younger kids either because of failing a school year or being held back because of maturity issues or athletic purposes.  It usually catches up to them, when the rest start catching up to them puberty wise. And it helps the kids who are playing in the correct age group, as they are already playing older, stronger players.

[quote name="Basketball 2016" post="1024087" timestamp="1310511041"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84708.msg1020399#msg1020399 date=1308844597]
The future is looking bright for SE Texas fans. There are quite a few kids from this area now playing AAU ball. I think the talent level cycle will start to rise again with this 2014 class coming up to varsity.
[/quote]

There are more kids playing AAU and that is great. My biggest complaint with AAU is the lack of ability, or lack of willingness, to enforce specific age requirements in tournaments. We play in the 13U/7th grade division and this is an issue in almost every tournament. We don't complain too much because we are playing summer AAU to put our kids in venues with better competition, and I know a lot of AAU boys will be "playing up" in high school and will face older kids, however when there are specific age divisions it would be nice if people adhered to this. Winning isn't everything, and cheating is cheating. I won't mention the specific team but in the Team Sneed tournament July 2-3 one 13 yr old team had a CONFIRMED 15 yr old playing. I don't put full blame on AAU, the rules are in place but the coaches and parents who participate in this should be ashamed......oh well, off of one soapbox and on to the next
[/quote]Question? Was this event an AAU sanctioned event. All youth tournaments are not sanctioned by AAU. I know quite a few kids who played in this tourney and they didn't have AAU cards.

Guest Rise2014
[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1020399" timestamp="1308844597"]
[/quote] the sophmore and junior classes in the coming school year are a very strong group for basketball and baseball  :) there is also one in the 2015 class that is a big game changer with his level of pla

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder