Player Hits Ref!!!!

[quote name="hj15" post="1011398" timestamp="1305553725"]
What did he do, run off?  Which tournament was it?
[/quote]The ref was about to return the favor ( he picked the wrong ref) but the ref held back right before he was about to tear his azz up ;D They got the player out of  the gym b4 secruity came. Sadly, it was a Houston Hoops tourney  (Cy- Fair area) and usually they are trouble-free. The ref filed charges. They have to locate the kid now because nobody was giving up info on the kid. Sad

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1011404" timestamp="1305554998"]
[quote author=hj15 link=topic=84325.msg1011398#msg1011398 date=1305553725]
What did he do, run off?  Which tournament was it?
[/quote]The ref was about to return the favor ( he picked the wrong ref) but the ref held back right before he was about to tear his azz up ;D They got the player out of  the gym b4 secruity came. Sadly, it was a Houston Hoops tourney  (Cy- Fair area) and usually they are trouble-free. The ref filed charges. They have to locate the kid now because [b]nobody was giving up info on the kid[/b]. Sad
[/quote]

that's the worst part to me... people connected with the kid wanting him to avoid the consequences of his actions. :-\

[quote name="dayton" post="1011437" timestamp="1305558880"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84325.msg1011404#msg1011404 date=1305554998]
[quote author=hj15 link=topic=84325.msg1011398#msg1011398 date=1305553725]
What did he do, run off?  Which tournament was it?
[/quote]The ref was about to return the favor ( he picked the wrong ref) but the ref held back right before he was about to tear his azz up ;D They got the player out of  the gym b4 secruity came. Sadly, it was a Houston Hoops tourney  (Cy- Fair area) and usually they are trouble-free. The ref filed charges. They have to locate the kid now because [b]nobody was giving up info on the kid[/b]. Sad
[/quote]

that's the worst part to me. people connected with the kids wanting him to avoid the consequences of his actions. :-\
[/quote]Yep, they will get him. Just will take longer because now they gotta go thru court system to take further action.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1011358" timestamp="1305518939"]
In all my years of watching sports, I have never seen a player hit a ref until today. I mean cold-cocked & blindsided the ref in the face. The player's coach would not release any personal information on the teenager. :o
[/quote]
yeah I heard about it happening @ cy springs. why coach walton didn't give out any info?

[quote name="Bill Dauterive" post="1011446" timestamp="1305559636"]
I echo the thoughts of a previous poster.........

AAU

AAU=The Devil
[/quote]Nope, no just AAU or summerball. It's in the public and private schools seasons as well. Youth sports from little league to big leagues.

If I had to bet, this so called player does not attend one of the higher quality schools. I wont go into detail but I would bet if he plays basketball at his high school, there most likely to have numerous problems there as well! Discipline , class, character aren't on the high priority list. This is pitiful, official missed a charge call most likely and kid didn't like it! AAU coach most likely runnin out with him cursing the official.

Got to admit AAU is more tolerant of physical play, hard fouls, back talking players, coaches who scream and yell and come halfway on the court protesting calls, players fighting, and even parents getting out of control. Unfortunately like it or not this behavior is becoming all too common place in AAU play and is making AAU less desirable for many. My son played 2 years ago for a Houston team and this behavior was more common then not in most tourneys. Although I must say I never saw a player hit a ref, I did see players hitting each other, I saw a player hit a coach, I saw a coach shove a player to the floor, I saw a parent go onto the court at the ref during a game, and I saw parents from opposing teams get into a fight. Overall a pitiful display, however it is really no surprise that a player hit a ref....things have been getting out of hand for quite a while. AAU can be a wonderful experience for us and our kids, or it can be an embarrassing display of what we are allowing it to become.

[quote name="team first" post="1011688" timestamp="1305602433"]
If I had to bet, this so called player does not attend one of the higher quality schools. I wont go into detail but I would bet if he plays basketball at his high school, there most likely to have numerous problems there as well! Discipline , class, character aren't on the high priority list. This is pitiful, official missed a charge call most likely and kid didn't like it! AAU coach most likely runnin out with him cursing the official.
[/quote]Actually the official called a charge against the perp. It was really no big deal but the kid lost it in a split second. Unbelievable.

[quote name="5 on 5" post="1011695" timestamp="1305603662"]
Got to admit AAU is more tolerant of physical play, hard fouls, back talking players, coaches who scream and yell and come halfway on the court protesting calls, players fighting, and even parents getting out of control. Unfortunately like it or not this behavior is becoming all too common place in AAU play and is making AAU less desirable for many. My son played 2 years ago for a Houston team and this behavior was more common then not in most tourneys. Although I must say I never saw a player hit a ref, I did see players hitting each other, I saw a player hit a coach, I saw a coach shove a player to the floor, I saw a parent go onto the court at the ref during a game, and I saw parents from opposing teams get into a fight. Overall a pitiful display, however it is really no surprise that a player hit a ref....things have been getting out of hand for quite a while. AAU can be a wonderful experience for us and our kids, or it can be an embarrassing display of what we are allowing it to become.
[/quote]There are some bad apples ;)

[quote name="PNGFan" post="1011459" timestamp="1305561354"]
If that was my child I would give him up after I finished beating his *** myself!!!
[/quote]

Part of the problem is there are not enough parents like you anymore.  I'm sure little Johnny's parents are saying its the refs fault and their baby is never wrong instead of dealing with the problem.

Guest speechless
The problem is wannabe coaches who don't care about using basketball as a life lesson tool.  They only care about assembling enough talent where their inability to coach can be hidden.  They shout "go get 'em" and then if it doesn't work out well.....you gotta blame someone.  They are looking for some coattails to ride to a paycheck or a coaching job.  They don't hold the kids accountable and therefore, the kids have all the leverage to act as they please.  This is not the case with all AAU situations but, I will say it is the rule and not the exception.

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="1011483" timestamp="1305564996"]
[quote author=Bill Dauterive link=topic=84325.msg1011446#msg1011446 date=1305559636]

AAU

AAU=The Devil
[/quote]Nope, no just AAU or summerball. It's in the public and private schools seasons as well. Youth sports from little league to big leagues.
[/quote]

I have been coaching/teaching for 26 years. I have NEVER seen a player hit a ref. NEVER.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="1011763" timestamp="1305640331"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=84325.msg1011459#msg1011459 date=1305561354]
If that was my child I would give him up after I finished beating his *** myself!!!
[/quote]

Part of the problem is there are not enough parents like you anymore.  I'm sure little Johnny's parents are saying its the refs fault and their baby is never wrong instead of dealing with the problem.
[/quote]You get a lot of parents who will back their kids without question.

[quote name="Bill Dauterive" post="1011803" timestamp="1305643287"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=84325.msg1011483#msg1011483 date=1305564996]
[quote author=Bill Dauterive link=topic=84325.msg1011446#msg1011446 date=1305559636]

AAU

AAU=The Devil
[/quote]

I have been coaching/teaching for 26 years. I have NEVER seen a player hit a ref. NEVER.
[/quote]This past season a kid attacked a ref during a high school game. First time I heard about a player attacking a ref. But seeing it live is so different.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont