2 Pro-Bonders Fall!!

If you are confident, let's bring it to a vote!    ;)

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1013928" timestamp="1306286141"]
smitty, how come your old "Don't Care" committee spokes person is now chairing the new bond committee?
[/quote]

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Smitty last I checked coaches are teachers too. Ned will get a bond past and yes you will pay higher taxes. If you don't like move out no one asked you to stay. You want my honest opinion the first thing that needs to go is pre-k or as  I call it daycare the taxpayers pay for. It is not even required by Texas Dept of Education. Is that going to solve the building from falling down around us NO. Read my earlier post on this topic and you will see a plan that will cost upfront but will save the DIstrict roughly 10 million in 10 years. 10 mil will hire alot more then 1.7 mil. Oh and Smitty never compare Ned to PN-G their tax base is twice ours just by the refinierys alone. If I am close like 26 mil to our 12 mil.

[quote name="smitty" post="1013994" timestamp="1306328335"]
If you are confident, let's bring it to a vote!     ;)

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=84302.msg1013928#msg1013928 date=1306286141]
smitty, how come your old "Don't Care" committee spokes person is now chairing the new bond committee?
[/quote]
[/quote]

You missed the point smitty, you don't find it a little ironic when the person that was the mouth of the anti-bond group that hired an outside consultant to help destroy the last bond is now chairing the new bond committe? He still doesn't totaly get it, but he is learning. You can put all the money you want in maintenance of a 1956 Chevy and you still have a 1956 Chevy. You want to win races, you have to get a new car! But as always, you will not get the point because you don't want to get it, you are anti everything.

The tax base -- That's exactly what I'm been saying here.  We do not have industry to help out.  So, we are at the mercy of small business and homeowners,  You have to deal with this.  You can only tax so people so much.

[quote name="phunter308" post="1014192" timestamp="1306393296"]
Ah Smitty last I checked coaches are teachers too. Ned will get a bond past and yes you will pay higher taxes. If you don't like move out no one asked you to stay. You want my honest opinion the first thing that needs to go is pre-k or as  I call it daycare the taxpayers pay for. It is not even required by Texas Dept of Education. Is that going to solve the building from falling down around us NO. Read my earlier post on this topic and you will see a plan that will cost upfront but will save the DIstrict roughly 10 million in 10 years. 10 mil will hire alot more then 1.7 mil. Oh and Smitty never compare Ned to PN-G their tax base is twice ours just by the refinierys alone. If I am close like 26 mil to our 12 mil.
[/quote]

I get it.  Unless someone has got to this person, maybe we'll have a "reasonable" bond issue.  But this remains to be seen.  Haven't had one yet!  Put it to a vote!!

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1014199" timestamp="1306406283"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=84302.msg1013994#msg1013994 date=1306328335]

[/quote]
[/quote]

You missed the point smitty, you don't find it a little ironic when the person that was the mouth of the anti-bond group that hired an outside consultant to help destroy the last bond is now chairing the new bond committe? He still doesn't totaly get it, but he is learning. You can put all the money you want in maintenance of a 1956 Chevy and you still have a 1956 Chevy. You want to win races, you have to get a new car! But as always, you will not get the point because you don't want to get it, you are anti everything.
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="1014201" timestamp="1306406682"]
I get it.  Unless someone has got to this person, maybe we'll have a "reasonable" bond issue.  But this remains to be seen.  Haven't had one yet!  Put it to a vote!!

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=84302.msg1014199#msg1014199 date=1306406283]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

A successful approach to planning a bond and it's passing is to recruit credible opponents of the bond to sit on the committee. By doing so the opponent becomes (as you like to put it on other threads) enlightened and the district also becomes more aware of the oppositions concerns. It’s a positive move.

So, are you saying you would consider a reasonable bond?

Only AFTER the cuts I think is important is implemented.  In EVERY situation, you CUT first then raise taxes.  But, again, you have to convince the majority of taxpayers.

[quote name="mat" post="1014209" timestamp="1306411982"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=84302.msg1014201#msg1014201 date=1306406682]

[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=84302.msg1014199#msg1014199 date=1306406283]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

A successful approach to planning a bond and it's passing is to recruit credible opponents of the bond to sit on the committee. By doing so the opponent becomes (as you like to put it on other threads) enlightened and the district also becomes more aware of the oppositions concerns. It’s a positive move.

So, are you saying you would consider a reasonable bond?

[/quote]

Guest Penny
Look, now we know where Smitty's coming from.  He's on a SPORTS website prodding all us idiots to get rid of extracirriculars... "sports"... football, so we can build our schools.  That's what he's said.  That's what he is.  Nederland needs to tell our kids to quit competing, sit in algebra, and watch everyone else be all they can be, learning to compete in sports with their education.  Our kids don't get to do that, it's the responsible thing to do.  That's his solution for you Nederlanders.  Suck it up, you can't have the best, you can't even have good.  You can't give your kids what they deserve.  They can't have a complete education.  Smitty has spoken.

Guest Penny
OOOOPS, forgot to Smite you Smitty, my bad.  Okay, took care of that.  And, I so thank you for living in our little community.  Smitty, should we SHUT DOWN THE NEDERLAND EDC also? Just wonderin

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="Penny" post="1014491" timestamp="1306469097"]
OOOOPS, forgot to Smite you Smitty, my bad.  Okay, took care of that.  And, I so thank you for living in our little community.  Smitty, should we SHUT DOWN THE NEDERLAND EDC also? Just wonderin
[/quote]
Penny, honestly I think we should shutdown the EDC.

[quote name="Penny" post="1014490" timestamp="1306468826"]
Look, now we know where Smitty's coming from.  He's on a SPORTS website prodding all us idiots to get rid of extracirriculars... "sports"... football, so we can build our schools.  That's what he's said.  That's what he is.  Nederland needs to tell our kids to quit competing, sit in algebra, and watch everyone else be all they can be, learning to compete in sports with their education.  Our kids don't get to do that, it's the responsible thing to do.  That's his solution for you Nederlanders.  Suck it up, you can't have the best, you can't even have good.  You can't give your kids what they deserve.  They can't have a complete education.  Smitty has spoken.
[/quote]

Penny a wise man said it better than I could ever say it.

"The lessons we learned about "the team" later becomes our family, our church, our city, our state, and our country and they last the rest of our lives.

Football did more foe us than we could ever do for football.

In some cases, it got us through school because we had to pass to play. In some cases, it kept us out of trouble-we didn't want to be kicked off the team.

It taught us to Compete because that's what life is about. It taught us to play within the rules of football AND life. It taught us respect for our teammates AND opponents. Most of all it taught us the value of hard work and sacrifice for the good of "the team"

O.A. "Bum" Phillips

A school without extra curricular activities is a prison and nederland already has those.

Smitty, you want to know what happens to a school without football?  Watch University of New Orleans...they are talking of stopping football because of budget concerns.  It will be interesting what happens to their numbers

Guest The-NHS
We need to get all the bums out of positions in nederland and get people in with a drive, vision, and passion. I would vote ned graduates in their late 20's or 30's before I think about voting for a bum contempt with the same ole crap going on right now.

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1014722" timestamp="1306541260"]
We need to get all the bums out of positions in nederland and get people in with a drive, vision, and passion. I would vote ned graduates in their late 20's or 30's before I think about voting for a bum contempt with the same ole crap going on right now.
[/quote]

The problem is that everyone talks about what's going on, but no one bothers to vote. Look at the numbers from the last election. For a town of 17,000 the turn-out was not very good.

Shut down EDC?  Yes!!  Another waste of money.  Can you defend it with positive facts?  I'm willing to listen!
What I'm gaining from you is that you LIKE to waste money.  And any discussion of what's REALLY important is foreign to you.  But stick around!  The teaching never stops!!  Whether or not one chooses to listen!!    ;)

[quote name="Penny" post="1014491" timestamp="1306469097"]
[/quote]

[quote name="smitty" post="1015143" timestamp="1306754563"]
Shut down EDC?  Yes!!  Another waste of money.  Can you defend it with positive facts?  I'm willing to listen!
What I'm gaining from you is that you LIKE to waste money.  And any discussion of what's REALLY important is foreign to you.  But stick around!  The teaching never stops!!  Whether or not one chooses to listen!!     ;)

[quote author=Penny link=topic=84302.msg1014491#msg1014491 date=1306469097]
[/quote]
[/quote]

What is EDC?

Economic Development Corporation.  It's with the city.  It's used to increase business for Nederland.  Looks good on paper.  And could be.  But it takes in a lot of money but not much of it goes out.

[quote name="mat" post="1015146" timestamp="1306760211"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=84302.msg1015143#msg1015143 date=1306754563]
What I'm gaining from you is that you LIKE to waste money.  And any discussion of what's REALLY important is foreign to you.  But stick around!  The teaching never stops!!  Whether or not one chooses to listen!!     ;)

[/quote]
[/quote]

What is EDC?
[/quote]

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="smitty" post="1015152" timestamp="1306763988"]
Economic Development Corporation.  It's with the city.  It's used to increase business for Nederland.  Looks good on paper.  And could be.  But it takes in a lot of money but not much of it goes out.

[quote author=mat link=topic=84302.msg1015146#msg1015146 date=1306760211]

[/quote]
[/quote]

What is EDC?
[/quote]
[/quote]

And I'm not sure anyone on our EDC has any knowledge in economics or how to build up nederland. An example of the EDC's work is Sanderson's Restaurant. To my knowledge the EDC gave money to Everett to start it all up. Correct or no? please give the correct story if I'm wrong.

[quote name="smitty" post="1015143" timestamp="1306754563"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Teaching????

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1015160" timestamp="1306767355"]
[quote author=smitty link=topic=84302.msg1015152#msg1015152 date=1306763988]
Economic Development Corporation.  It's with the city.  It's used to increase business for Nederland.  Looks good on paper.  And could be.  But it takes in a lot of money but not much of it goes out.

Shut down EDC?  Yes!!  Another waste of money.  Can you defend it with positive facts?  I'm willing to listen!
What I'm gaining from you is that you LIKE to waste money.  And any discussion of what's REALLY important is foreign to you.  But stick around!  The teaching never stops!!  Whether or not one chooses to listen!!     ;)

OOOOPS, forgot to Smite you Smitty, my bad.  Okay, took care of that.  And, I so thank you for living in our little community.  Smitty, should we SHUT DOWN THE NEDERLAND EDC also? Just wonderin
[/quote]
[/quote]

What is EDC?
[/quote]
[/quote]

And I'm not sure anyone on our EDC has any knowledge in economics or how to build up nederland. An example of the EDC's work is Sanderson's Restaurant. [color=red]To my knowledge the EDC gave money to Everett to start it all up.[/color] Correct or no? please give the correct story if I'm wrong.
[/quote]

So what's the point?

You might want to look it up?  You might learn something!  LOL!!!! ;)

[quote name="dawgnut" post="1015241" timestamp="1306786228"]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Teaching????
[/quote]

Education is number one priority.  It appears that you don't believe this.    ??? 
PS -- Smite back at you!      ;)

[quote name="Penny" post="1014490" timestamp="1306468826"]
[/quote]

Guest The-NHS
[quote name="dawgnut" post="1015243" timestamp="1306786384"]
[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=84302.msg1015160#msg1015160 date=1306767355]
Economic Development Corporation.  It's with the city.  It's used to increase business for Nederland.  Looks good on paper.  And could be.  But it takes in a lot of money but not much of it goes out.

Shut down EDC?  Yes!!  Another waste of money.  Can you defend it with positive facts?  I'm willing to listen!
What I'm gaining from you is that you LIKE to waste money.  And any discussion of what's REALLY important is foreign to you.  But stick around!  The teaching never stops!!  Whether or not one chooses to listen!!     ;)

OOOOPS, forgot to Smite you Smitty, my bad.  Okay, took care of that.  And, I so thank you for living in our little community.  Smitty, should we SHUT DOWN THE NEDERLAND EDC also? Just wonderin
[/quote]
[/quote]

What is EDC?
[/quote]
[/quote]

And I'm not sure anyone on our EDC has any knowledge in economics or how to build up nederland. An example of the EDC's work is Sanderson's Restaurant. [color=red]To my knowledge the EDC gave money to Everett to start it all up.[/color] Correct or no? please give the correct story if I'm wrong.
[/quote]

So what's the point?
[/quote]

No point. Someone asked what the EDC was and I was giving a reference to their work.

NHS, it's tough for some to understand somethings.  That's why the teaching never stops!

[quote name="The-NHS" post="1015351" timestamp="1306812372"]
[quote author=dawgnut link=topic=84302.msg1015243#msg1015243 date=1306786384]
[quote author=The-NHS link=topic=84302.msg1015160#msg1015160 date=1306767355]

[/quote]
[/quote]

What is EDC?
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

So what's the point?
[/quote]

No point. Someone asked what the EDC was and I was giving a reference to their work.
[/quote]

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder