Most dissapointing team this year?

king

Yeah Jasper had a down year but many knew they were the preseason pick around the 3-4 spot so they knew they were down somewhat. That is not a knock, most folks had WOS and Silsbee as the top 2 with BC and Jasper duking it out for 3rd. Just looking at several district games Jasper was just one or two breaks away from being in the playoffs.

I would have to say Ozen without a doubt. With several D1 prospects and the talk of a district title battle with Central they were just plain pitiful. I remember saying in preseason that a certain Dayton squad was going to do extremely well but several including a weatherman didn't have them in the top 3. :wink:

Well, as bad as I hate to admit it, I think PNG was a big disappointment this year. I'm not putting any of the blame on the players either, this was due to poor coaching, just my opinion. We had the talent to be a big player in 22-4A and it was not utilized. Oh well, maybe next year.

There were quite a few teams that seemed to be underachievers this year but I can't figure that any of them that did as bad as Ozen.

I know that some people picked them to miss the playoffs but a lot of others thought they should contend for a playoff spot, if not the championship. I don't know anyone that picked them to go 1-9 and tie for last place in the district. That and most of the games they lost were not even competitive.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder