Rebel Perfection

At last night's Evadale Rebel baseball game I was corrected on something that I thought I had right. I mistakenly had said that the Rebel baseball team had lost a district game and the playoff seeding game when this years senior class were freshmen. In fact this group of Rebel seniors are one win away from going undefeated in district play for four years. They already captured their forth district championship, but with a win over Spurger on Friday they will have won all four championships as the undefeated champions.

When you add that to being undefeated in district in football with four championships, four girls basketball championships, two boys track district championships, two volleyball championships, one softball championship and a boys basketball championship that ended up as a state semi finalist.

The Evadale Class of 2011 has won 18 of a possible 32 district championship in total
      The Rebels have won 11 of a possible 16 championships with the Lady Rebels winning 7 of a possible 16.

Congratulations to the Class of 2011 for setting a standard of excellence on the fields, courts and diamonds in the past four years.

Oh and as of this week the Rebels are currently in 3rd place in the UIL Lone Star Cup which is awarded to one school in each classification that racks up the most points from advancing in UIL competitions. Evadale is 2 points out of 2nd place and 6 points out of 1st place. 

[quote name="GTBBaseball" post="1002718" timestamp="1303875883"]
In the day n age of "self promoting", its really nice to see "Team" accomplishments....
An "Ataboys" - "Atagirls" out to Evadale Athletics....

One question, Is it the same "athletic director" during this entire 4 years of this  "Team Commitment"?

Fackler
[/quote]

Coach Williams I believe

Having gone to college with mark williams he is as good as it gets. Was a great pitcher at angelina jr college in which we won the conference behind his pitching. Also one thing he brings to a team he is the best practical joker ever. He is one of them coaches that come along once in awhile (Hooks, Barby) the kids will do anything for him. Good luck Rebels from Nederland

Yes, Mark Williams has been the AD during these rich years in Evadale.  He gets the guys out and thats most of the battle.  On the girls side of things, they have long time coach, Robert Holyfield and his wife Debbie heading up most sports.  With Williams and the Holyfields running things, most every kid wants to participate and wants to excell on and off the fields/courts.  These leaders have kept and expected high standards from the Rebel Athletes and we're certainly lucky to have them.  I graduated with Williams and have known him most of my life...I've personally had a son go through the program under Williams and he was the QB the year Evadale started their winning ways in football.  I couldnt have asked for a better coach than Mark.  I now have a daughter playing under both Holyfields and again, I feel we're in good hands.

Community and school support are high and it shows at this little school in SETX.

When was the last time evadale lost a district baseball game 5 years ago and to who where they in a different district? That is a great run it doesn't matter what classification you are in.  Congrats to the Rebs and good luck in the playoffs.  Coach Williams is a stand up coach and I wish him and his coaches the best of luck

Great job Evadale as much as it pains me to say naturally (me playing for Burkeville) because Burkeville use to blow Evadale away but as you see the tabel has turned through hard work and dedication, something we've gotten away from and you have truly earned it..hats off to you and good luck in the playoffs

The impeccable Mark Williams and a rash of unprecedented and iniquitious talent at the small school named Evadale, nestled in the Pine woods of Texas is indeed a rarified occurence. It is ,however, going to be interesting to view this program after a mass exodus of seniors after this very year.

[quote name="Howard" post="1003144" timestamp="1304006214"]
The impeccable Mark Williams and a rash of unprecedented and iniquitious talent at the small school named Evadale, nestled in the Pine woods of Texas is indeed a rarified occurence. It is ,however, going to be interesting to view this program after a mass exodus of seniors after this very year.
[/quote]

The cubbard will not be completely bare. We have a strong junior class and some talent in the sophomore and even incoming freshmen classes.
Football will have 3 starting linemen, 1 starting running back, 2 starting wide reciever coming back on offense with a qb that started a couple of games last year. On defense, there are 4 starting defensive backs and 1 starting linebacker and three linemen that saw extended action last season.
Basketball will have 5 players retunring from the team that went to Austin, including 3 players that started during last season.
Baseball will have about 8 players returning from this years varsity including 2 starting outfielders, 2 starting infielders, 2 pitchers that have picked up wins this season and plenty of players that have played JV ball which the other schools in our district don't get to do.
As a matter of fact the JV programs in all three sports have allowed our athletes to compete at a level where they can learn and grow as opposed to being thrown into varsity competition as freshmen.

For now the talent is still in place. Will it stay forever, well that could or could not be the case and we will not know until the talent stops. But with our coaching staff they just adjust and put our teams in the position to be successful and i don't see that changing anytime soon.

[/quote]

For those of you Like me have to use fingers and toes for math here is translation of quote above:
The (flawless) Mark Williams and a rash of (unparalleled) and (wicked) talent at the small school named Evadale, nestled in the Pine woods of Texas is indeed a (rare) occurence. It is however, going to be interesting to view this program after a mass (departure) of seniors after this very year.

THE RESULTS WILL BE THE SAME :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

[/quote]The same thing was said in 2009 when the Rebels graduated 15...[b]yes 15 seniors [/b] and they did not rebuild in 2010 but simply reloaded!  I predict much of the same results next year.  Like I said in an earlier post on this thread, Williams gets em out and that's big!

[quote name="u_dnt_kno_me" post="1003116" timestamp="1304001666"]
Great job Evadale as much as it pains me to say naturally (me playing for Burkeville) because Burkeville use to blow Evadale away but as you see the tabel has turned through hard work and dedication, something we've gotten away from and you have truly earned it..hats off to you and good luck in the playoffs
[/quote]Very classy post dnt_kno.  A tip of the hat back at cha...

It is quite obvious to this observer that you, InStitches, are indeed a noble and allegiant fanatic of the Rebels. However, after speaking about you with a specific tout, do you really have to do math on your fingers and toes as you have stated? I find it impossible if not infeasible to believe that a man who seems not the least bit obtuse would indeed have to do that. But that is simply my opinion.

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED - Phase 1

The Rebels completed their district schedule undefeated and in a most convincing manner as the won 25-0 in 3 innings against Spurger.

That means that this years senior class has not lost a single varsity district game in baseball and football since they began high school.

Now it is on to Phase 2 where the only thing that has eluded this group of seniors is a State Championship. They will have to wait a bit to see who will be their area round opponent, but Phase 2 of the mission is now center stage...putting together another run to the State Championship tournament and hopefully one one victory than last year.

Great job Rebels onward and upward, take them one at a time with your eye on the prize!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder