WOS vs. Liberty Predictions?

KFDM COOP

I know this is history and the teams are much different but Silsbee jumped up years back and beat us.Then two years ago Huffman did the same thing.Point is it can happen.This is the playoffs and things happen.It's a new season and everyone starts out 0-0.WO-S should win this game and they know they better just focus on Liberty.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tam' date=' there were a few teams this year who gave up before the game started. Some teams are intimidated and lay down instead of playing to their potential. I just don't see Liberty being the kind of team to give up like other teams have, especially at this point of the year. True, they may have problems matching up well with WOS, but that's not my point.

Also, as I pointed out earlier, this is a very good and focused WOS team. I have no worries they'll be prepared for Friday night's game.[/quote']

I think a lot of teams were intimidated when they came into Wo-s...I agree with you on that, but I think most had confidence once they had a few plays where they were able to move the ball against us. The thing is Wo-s jumps on you so quickly, I think that's where most of them started giving up. If Liberty gets behind 20 to nothing in the first quarter, chances are, there spirits might be broken. I'm not saying they are just gonna lay down. This is the playoffs and you have a team that has never been in this type of game, on Turf,playing a team of Wo-s caliber, so I know they are gonna come out fired up..but so is Wo-s. The lack of experience that a team might have in this type of situation could come back to haught them. If you come out there too fired up getting too caught up in the moment, then that's when you have teams missing tackles, fumbling the ball and making all kinds of mistakes that will put you far behind early. If any team gets twenty points behind Wo-s, I don't care who you are...you won't catch back up. This team has a killer instinct, once they have you down, they keep you down. The thing I can say about this team this year is, they try and go for blood early on. They don't want to give any team the idea that they can stay with them. If Liberty players come into this type of playoff atmosphere with deer in the headlights look on their faces, then the game will be over quickly. Wo-s has been in this type of atmosphere numerous times, so this won't be a scary situation for them. I know Liberty will fight hard, but Wo-s will fight just as hard. They learned from last year about taking teams lightly when they played Wimberly, so I know these guys are gonna come out and go for the juggler early.

The kids didn't take Wimberley lightly, I assure you. We were beaten by a better team.

Well Dapauldrick Garrett said himself when he was interviewed that in that game that they had the big head and didn't think that they was gonna lose, so that's taking a team lightly to me.

The kids didn't take Wimberley lightly' date=' I assure you. We were beaten by a better team.

Well Dapauldrick Garrett said himself when he was interviewed that in that game that they had the big head and didn't think that they was gonna lose, so that's taking a team lightly to me.[/quote']

I would call that confidence in your team.Players go into a game thinking they can win.Why do some people have a hard time admitting Wimberley had the better team that night?

exbccards76smom, Thanks for the support. I hope that all the area fans that come wear their own shirts to show the pride that they have in their own school, but also that they can come together and support a local play-off team. I remember one of my kids counting something like 16 different shirts at one of the 2000 games.

I KNOW they didn't, but you can believe what you want. They were the better team. If we played them 10 times last year, they would have beaten us in 6 of them. I truly feel like we were the 2nd best team in the state last year and Wimberley was the best, but I'm not buying the "overconfident" excuse, and yes, that is nothing more than an excuse.

I don't think we were overconfident in the Wimberley game, because besides a few plays, we played well. We weren't flat or unfocused. We just couldn't hang with them. Now, we hung with them better than just about anybody, but they were just that much better than everyone else.

u r right PANTHAPLAYA09 ranking never matters to those who are never ranked. Winning doesnt matter to those who dont win. In that case geting Whipped for a 7th time ought to feel a little bit like it always does for u guys. Liberty will get Stomped Fri. night. PANTHAPLAYA09 get some tissue for the PANTHAPLAYAS06!!!! Holla!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Im not going to waist my time looking for some idiotic coment to say back to yall. Besides the fact that it would take too long to find something idiotic in my head' date=' I really dont want to argue with yall.[/quote']

SO! WHY DID YOU EVEN BOTHER TO WRITE THAT THEN

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder