West Orange Divided

We are seeing what happens when two coaches off of the same staff want the head job.  Out of respect for Coach Thompson, Coach Foreman should have pulled his name from the hat.  Coach Thompson deserves this job for the years of service that he has given and the success he has had there.  With one solid choice from the coaching staff then the community is not divided and West Orange would not be in this situation.  A school board and town see a split staff and it allows for them to look in other directions thinking that is best.

I am not saying that Coach Foreman does not deserve the job but he does not deserve it over Coach Thompson.  He should pull his name and put his full support behind Coach T.

I completely disagree. Few are divided over those two choices even though most have a preference. Unless you have some inside knowledge its not safe to assume this is splitting the WOS coaching staff. And why would Toby apply for select AD positions with other programs and not show interest in WOS? This type of thing happens all the time in athletics and education; multiple applicants for the same position within a district.

• 2 weeks later...
Just because a person has been their longer,more years, does not mean he is a better person/coach. Longer or older does not always mean better. A 30 yr. old man said he heard that the older you get the better you could fight. He said he whipped an 80 yr. old man and believed he could have whipped him if he had been 100.

[quote name="purpleeagle" post="1003451" timestamp="1304083853"]
Just because a person has been their longer,more years, does not mean he is a better person/coach. Longer or older does not always mean better. A 30 yr. old man said he heard that the older you get the better you could fight. He said he whipped an 80 yr. old man and believed he could have whipped him if he had been 100.
[/quote]

That makes zero sense.  ???

You are a trouble maker, nothing else. I have lived in Orange my entire life, graduate of WO-S and supporter for over 30 years. There is no split or problem with the choice made to hire Coach T. There is no internal problems in the community, school or coaching staff. Why would you make a totally un-true statement with absolutely no proof or facts. Sounds like you are a WO-S hater trying to bring down a program because of spite. Maybe you need to start writing for the National Enquire since you have such a huge imagination.

[quote name="78Stang" post="1003602" timestamp="1304101998"]
You are a trouble maker, nothing else. I have lived in Orange my entire life, graduate of WO-S and supporter for over 30 years. There is no split or problem with the choice made to hire Coach T. There is no internal problems in the community, school or coaching staff. Why would you make a totally un-true statement with absolutely no proof or facts. Sounds like you are a WO-S hater trying to bring down a program because of spite. Maybe you need to start writing for the National Enquire since you have such a huge imagination.
[/quote]

The thread was started[b] before [/b] they hired Coach T. From the outside looking in as far as this messageboard goes.... there was some division. I think and hope all is well now though.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124