New HF basketball coach is...

Guest tamulonghorn

[quote name="dawg13" post="996833" timestamp="1302705769"]
What does skin color have to do with him becoming, the head coach 0f the 2012 State champions,you take that to your good source.
[/quote]My only problem is that he attended Rice. Coach, I bet you know Steve Trauber.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="996889" timestamp="1302712513"]
[quote author=dawg13 link=topic=82787.msg996882#msg996882 date=1302711189]
Can we just embrace the coach no matter what,Im sure he will bring the much needed change to our program at HF.
[/quote]NO! He grad from Rice!!!! >:( :D
[/quote]

Blue, are you suggesting he is "white as Rice"? ;) ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="996908" timestamp="1302715146"]
[quote author=BLUEDOVE3 link=topic=82787.msg996889#msg996889 date=1302712513]
[quote author=dawg13 link=topic=82787.msg996882#msg996882 date=1302711189]
Can we just embrace the coach no matter what,Im sure he will bring the much needed change to our program at HF.
[/quote]NO! He grad from Rice!!!! >:( :D
[/quote]

Blue, are you suggesting he is "white as Rice"? ;) ;D
[/quote]Nope, Rice was in our conference back in my day. I hate UT & A&M as well. ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="996924" timestamp="1302716541"]
Graduating from Rice speaks well for him.  Some consider Rice to be the Harvard of the Southwest
[/quote]I knew an athlete from Rice who became a very successful businessman. He told me he didn't have to meet that 'Harvard" requirement to play ball there. But seriously, I don't care if he's fromRice as long as we whip 'The Harvard" of Sour Lake  ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="996924" timestamp="1302716541"]
Graduating from Rice speaks well for him.  Some consider Rice to be the Harvard of the Southwest
[/quote]My dad says that his favorite cheer at A&M was, "[i]What comes out of a china-man's butt?  RICE!  RICE[/i]!"

I apologize in advance for that comment.

Coach girls basketball last six years one and done in playoffs this year.  Big time credentials for HF, look for great things.  May struggle with UOS but that is why the hired Price, to fix all programs and Decello looks like the man for the job

[quote name="Choice" post="997117" timestamp="1302747836"]
Coach girls basketball last six years one and done in playoffs this year.  Big time credentials for HF, look for great things.  May struggle with UOS but that is why the hired Price, to fix all programs and Decello looks like the man for the job
[/quote]

Regional finals two years ago.  I think he will do just fine in H-F.

[quote name="stevenash" post="997200" timestamp="1302785170"]
Hopefully he will do well.  However, someone over there has to understand that when that attempted layup clanks off the rim and bounces out to the free throw line, it implies that the player may have too much strength and not enough skill.
[/quote]

:D :D

[quote name="stevenash" post="997200" timestamp="1302785170"]
Hopefully he will do well.  However, someone over there has to understand that when that attempted layup clanks off the rim and bounces out to the free throw line, it implies that the player may have too much strength and not enough skill.
[/quote] :D Stevie, the only clanking I saw was from a lack of skill, not weights

[quote name="team first" post="997111" timestamp="1302746655"]
All I know is the guy from Rice better at least let the kids look at a ball......They havnt seen one since the season ended! WoWWWWW! But, I'm sure those weights are helping those jumpshots Those halfcourt shots count as 4 pters in the ABA dont they?
[/quote] Ah, now you have touched on an item that HF kids need to address. What you put into the game is what you will get out of it. If you workout with a *purpose* it will show in your game. Weights aren't a problem with me as long as 75% of your workouts are in the gym. 50/50 won't get it. The game is too skilled if you want to compete at a competitive level.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="dawg13" post="997242" timestamp="1302791174"]
Proper,preparation,prevents,poor,performance
[/quote]

. ;DYou left this out just before "Poor" - [u][i][b]PI$$[/b][/i][/u] :o

[quote name="hfmom08" post="997261" timestamp="1302793193"]
All this talk...i'm ready to see some action...now that HF has named a coach can we start proper preparation to prevent poor performance?  When is open gym?  LET'S GET IT STARTED!
[/quote]

Well, the gym was open today and only 3 players were in it, all 3 being 2nd team JV players.

Where were the rest of them? ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="997505" timestamp="1302825155"]
[quote author=hfmom08 link=topic=82787.msg997261#msg997261 date=1302793193]
All this talk...i'm ready to see some action...now that HF has named a coach can we start proper preparation to prevent poor performance?  When is open gym?  LET'S GET IT STARTED!
[/quote]

Well, the gym was open today and only 3 players were in it, all 3 being 2nd team JV players.

Where were the rest of them? ::)
[/quote]Mine was working out to play this weekend in a tournament.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami