Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Nederland Game Thread/Nederland wins/Comments

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="LU07" post="994137" timestamp="1302175098"]
There was conversation between the umpire and player prior to this taking place. I am sure the umpire took all this into consideration before the ejection.
[/quote]

Yeah, but that's all you know......there was a conversation. If you don't know the content of the conversation, then don't spit out innuendos.

Guest Ranger83
Was he "restricted" or "ejected". Did he have to leave the stadium?

From the video, it looks harmless. Like a breaking ball that did not break.

Oh well, onward and upward.

He did not have to leave the stadium.
ANYONE who knows Anthony knows thats not how he plays the game. Was expecting low and away and got up and in. Slow mo vid looks like theres alot of time to react but with T throwing the balls on ya pretty quick. I believe even the ump was fooled........crossed up, it happends.

[quote name="adminbaberuth" post="994419" timestamp="1302213212"]
Babino is one the hardest working kids on the field. Blue is one of the best in the area.

What goes on inside the fence stays there.
[/quote]

Great job Blue...I watched the video and it was obvious my daughter could have caught that ball and besides that the umpire could have been hurt really bad......Might have been that called out strike that let that one get away, "Whoops".....Let's don't forget there was an Umpire/Adult in this situation,  glad he took control, need more like him....

Congrats to Nederland on the win.....

Great job Blue...I watched the video and it was obvious my daughter could have caught that ball and besides that the umpire could have been hurt really bad......Might have been that called out strike that let that one get away, "Whoops".....Let's don't forget there was an Umpire/Adult in this situation,  glad he took control, need more like him....

[/quote]

I got an idea then, gear your daughter up and let her catch some T Smith or Bret Brown bb's !!! Better yet, YOU suit up  and give it a go.
Step over to the bullpen when a pitchers warming up and get a true feel of the velocity these kids throw. A good catcher IS NOT going to track a breaking ball with his glove. Unfortunatly Lance didnt have the vid in realtime, i believe some opinions would be different.

Guest Ranger83
[quote name="Dog4Life" post="994531" timestamp="1302269070"]

Great job Blue...I watched the video and it was obvious my daughter could have caught that ball and besides that the umpire could have been hurt really bad......Might have been that called out strike that let that one get away, "Whoops".....Let's don't forget there was an Umpire/Adult in this situation,  glad he took control, need more like him....

[/quote]

I got an idea then, gear your daughter up and let her catch some T Smith or Bret Brown bb's !!! Better yet, YOU suit up  and give it a go.
Step over to the bullpen when a pitchers warming up and get a true feel of the velocity theses kids throw. A good catcher IS NOT going to track a breaking ball with his glove. Unfortunatly Lance didnt have the vid in realtime, i believe some opinions would be different.
[/quote]

When a catcher calls for a curve ball, why would he not expect the ball to "curve"?  

I think most people would agree that if you want to get someones "attention", you do so with a fastball. If he does not raise his glove (in the video he does attempt to make a play when the ball does not break)and a fastball clips the ump, then you might have an argument.

Great job Blue...I watched the video and it was obvious my daughter could have caught that ball and besides that the umpire could have been hurt really bad......Might have been that called out strike that let that one get away, "Whoops".....Let's don't forget there was an Umpire/Adult in this situation,  glad he took control, need more like him....

[/quote]

I got an idea then, gear your daughter up and let her catch some T Smith or Bret Brown bb's !!! Better yet, YOU suit up  and give it a go.
Step over to the bullpen when a pitchers warming up and get a true feel of the velocity theses kids throw. A good catcher IS NOT going to track a breaking ball with his glove. Unfortunatly Lance didnt have the vid in realtime, i believe some opinions would be different.
[/quote]

Great Point Dog,
It's scary standing on the other side of the fence by the bullpen when they warm up.....you can hear the pitch ....you can feel the pitch...but you can rarely see the pitch........and you can really get an appreciation for how good Babino is to catch them......

[/quote]

[glow=red,2,300]I got an idea then, gear your daughter up and let her catch some T Smith or Bret Brown bb's !!! Better yet, YOU suit up  and give it a go. [/glow] Step over to the bullpen when a pitchers warming up and get a true feel of the velocity these kids throw. A good catcher IS NOT going to track a breaking ball with his glove. Unfortunatly Lance didnt have the vid in realtime, i believe some opinions would be different.
[/quote]LMAO....

Guest clg60
I just want to make a comment about the game the other night in the umpire's defense! My son is a very good umpire! He loves the game and is ALWAYS fair to those kids and would never eject anyone without good reason! That kid knows what happened the other night, and I think we all need to have a little more respect those men that get behind the plate and do what they do for those kids! Thank god he was not hurt!

[quote name="clg60" post="994577" timestamp="1302274616"]
I just want to make a comment about the game the other night in the umpire's defense! My son is a very good umpire! He loves the game and is ALWAYS fair to those kids and would never eject anyone without good reason! That kid knows what happened the other night, and I think we all need to have a little more respect those men that get behind the plate and do what they do for those kids! Thank god he was not hurt!
[/quote]

It says a lot about him that his momma has to defend him.  Knowing old school guys, they assure me  that if you are trying to hit someone whether it is a batter or ump, it is not with an off-speed pitch.  I know plenty of umps and saying always is wrong.  I don't know one ump that can't say they missed a calll or made a mistake on an ejection.  Always would mean perfection and that is never gonna happen.  This topic should be gone.  The kids have let it go.

[quote name="clg60" post="994577" timestamp="1302274616"]
[/quote]
I understand and respect your position in defending your son sir, as i am mine. I agree the ONLY TWO that knows if anything went on is my son and yours. As you believe yours %100 i believe mine equally.
I am truly glad you son was not hurt, as i am every game my son catches.

[quote name="PhatMack19" post="994009" timestamp="1302125003"]
Here is the video courtesy of KFDM.  Not sure if you have to have Facebook to see it.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10100216996998230
[/quote]

Any chance we can see it in real time?

I was at the game and was very near home plate.As soon as it happened i told the guys standing next to me wat I thought happened .The ejection did not surprise me at all.I have watched and played alot of baseball.It is wat it is.I have seen Babino catch alot.The kid is great, he does not miss many balls.JMO.I am glad noone got hurt.We all know batters never get hit on purpose!

[quote name="ford15" post="996112" timestamp="1302578675"]
Heard from a Nederland player that Babino was mad for being called out and he admitted to missing the ball on purpose.,A kid that is that good of a cather doesn't miss a ball that bad, just saying!
[/quote]

More of the "he said, she said" crap. If you did not hear it from him, you should have kept it to yourself.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83