YIKES!!! DT Malcolm Brown and OLB Tim Cole surprise everybody and choose UT...

[quote name="cooligan" post="992655" timestamp="1301936311"]
I agree Northoftheborder. How do you continue to recruit the top class every year and turn out a season like last year. Sumpin ain't right in the kitchen.  ;D
[/quote]I saw Mack doing chest bumps with the LBs yesterday. last time he was doing those antics they won the title that year courtesy of VY. we'll see whats in store this year.  8)

I think everyone is panicing over one bad season in decades. What happened last year was that UT lost all of its leaders, personell were in the wrong positions and the season was lost after the second or third game. With the departure of Mccoy and Earl Thomas, you lose your offensive and defensive leader. There will be some that will now step up. I see this coming season being back to the old Longhorns. People are too easy to jump ship after one bad season. Everybody relax and have faith.

[quote name="Scooter!" post="992662" timestamp="1301937305"]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=82658.msg992655#msg992655 date=1301936311]
I agree Northoftheborder. How do you continue to recruit the top class every year and turn out a season like last year. Sumpin ain't right in the kitchen.  ;D
[/quote]I saw Mack doing chest bumps with the LBs yesterday. last time he was doing those antics they won the title that year courtesy of VY. we'll see whats in store this year.  8)
[/quote]

Chest bumping LB's don't mean you can coach.  Brad Stevens of Butler is a guy who can coach (I know he is basketball but he can really coach kids the game)!  Mack can real'em in, but he is not a great coach.  With the talent he has had over the last 12 years, his record should be much better than it is in the big games, more Conference and National Titles.  JMHO.

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="992708" timestamp="1301941322"]
[quote author=Scooter! link=topic=82658.msg992662#msg992662 date=1301937305]
[quote author=cooligan link=topic=82658.msg992655#msg992655 date=1301936311]
[/quote]

Chest bumping LB's don't mean you can coach.  Brad Stevens of Butler is a guy who can coach (I know he is basketball but he can really coach kids the game)!  Mack can real'em in, but he is not a great coach.  With the talent he has had over the last 12 years, his record should be much better than it is in the big games, more Conference and National Titles.  JMHO.
[/quote]it doesnt mean he can coach but im saying the last time i saw him doing those antics UT was crowned champs  ;) ;D

[quote name="oldollie" post="992757" timestamp="1301945463"]
Did you watch the spring game?  UT still has a ways to go. I think they will get there, but they still have a lot of stuff to fix before they are the UT team everyone knows and loves.
[/quote]

You forget how tough the competition was.  ;D ;D

A HC gets all the accolades and takes all the shots. The assistants actually coach. The offense clicks for the OC and the defense clicks for the DC. I like Mack Brown.

What recruit wouldn't want to play for a team who has the exposure of UT. With their own network, the recruits will keep lining up.

If UT backs up a 5-7 season with a 6-6 or 7-5 season will the recruits bolt? This is a really big season for UT if they don't show big improvement they could be in big trouble. I just don't know how much of last season was coaching or was it that some of these kids weren't as good as rated coming out of high school. I know it is early but they didn't look any better yesterday.

I think, out of all the schools in the country Texas has become the best for exposure. A kid come hear and he has to perform. He'll get that NFL shot. Texas is now a spring board for hungry players that want that extra exposure. The ground work's already laid. It's a smart move for any top player who wants the extra exposure. A good choice for Brown and Cole, now they will have to perform.

[quote name="cooligan" post="992655" timestamp="1301936311"]
[/quote]

come on cooligan,

MB can coach.....just not his "old assistants" ???

What's his record against big red? ::) ::)

[quote name="oldollie" post="995492" timestamp="1302476127"]
Those were the same guys who won a National Championship and 10 seasons in a row of ten wins for the most part. I guess they forgot how to coach last season? ;D :D ;)
[/quote]

not forgot how to coach. 2005 was a long time ago, and they were resting on their laurels and not putting in the work and effort that it takes to stay on top. ::) ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed