YIKES!!! DT Malcolm Brown and OLB Tim Cole surprise everybody and choose UT...

So Mack was too? ;D ;)  I think what you said was a part of it. I also think some of these top ranked recruits were not as good as predicted. You have guys like Geoff Ketchum jumping these guys from 3 stars to 4 and 5 stars just because they committed to UT. I saw where I think it was CFN went to the Big 12 spring practices and rated A&M, and Baylors athletes better than UT. I don't think Mushchamp or Davis really had your typical UT football players to work with.

and yet if Gilbert could take a snap or make a handoff Texas still beats A&M. If you improve the most important position on the field, everything else will fall in place. The turnover ratio is what killed Texas the most last year. You had an OC that was saved by VY and then Colt and all of a sudden he didn't have a QB that could bail him out, and yet refused to change schemes. Jamal Charles would have really went off if he had been the I-Back in an ISO set, instead of having to come to the line of scrimmage, stop, wait for the read, and take off again. The OC should have been let go along time ago. If you really think A&M has better athletes keep drinking the kool-aid, reverend Jones will be by any minute.  ;)

I should take your word for it? ;) I don't care if A&M has better athletes as long as they keep winning. As Horn fans have told A&M fans for years this is a rivalry game so anyone can win or keep it close. :D  But the truth is on the field 9-3 and 5-7. I just believe UT has bigger problems than changing coaches, and it didn't look a lot better this spring. UT won't be down long but you guys act like everything is OK and an easy fix.

After looking at the 2008 and 2009 class, it appears A&M offered to a little over half of the Texas commits. The ones that they didn't Texas beat out the likes of USC and ou. Like at most schools there were a few reaches, but a couple of those have been very productive at UT.

[quote name="oldollie" post="995764" timestamp="1302544583"]
I should take your word for it? ;) I don't care if A&M has better athletes as long as they keep winning. As Horn fans have told A&M fans for years this is a rivalry game so anyone can win or keep it close. :D  But the truth is on the field 9-3 and 5-7. I just believe UT has bigger problems than changing coaches, and it didn't look a lot better this spring. UT won't be down long but you guys act like everything is OK and an easy fix.
[/quote]

I see last years as an anomaly and the previous 10 a trend, but one thing is right the proof will be on the field.

[quote name="oldollie" post="995764" timestamp="1302544583"]
[/quote]you will be surprised  ;)

I have have been surprised before! ;) But I just think ya'll are thinking this will be quick because of the past and some recruiting guys ranking of high school players. Gilbert was the National Player of the Year, so those things don't always work out. Ya'll are talking about athletes, Fuller, Gray, Micheal, Nwachukwu, Matthews, Joeckel, Tannehill, Dustin Harris, Hunter,Miller and maybe more could have started for UT easily last year. So the talent level for athletes at A&M is not as for from UT as ya'll think.Besides athletes don't win games football players win games, and there is a difference.

[quote name="oldollie" post="995805" timestamp="1302548228"]
By the way, I never have said UT will suck. I think they go 8-4 and maybe even 9-3. Just not in the National Championship hunt like ya'll think!! :D
[/quote]I dont think anyone is putting them national title caliber this year, now next year heck yeah. new system on offense new defensive scheme that the D will need to figure out. they will compete for the Big 12 (10) title this year IMO though.

[quote name="JohnnyT60" post="995856" timestamp="1302553490"]
The heck with Y'all, they win it all next year!!! lol

On a side note, I have to say it was sweet to see A&M & Texas beat Nebraska on their way out last year. Especially since it seemed to be the former SWC schools that irritated the cornh........ok I'll be nice.
[/quote] :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124