BRI

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, SETX said on an interview just aired at the halftime of the LU/Ark girls game that he is very interested in the job and has said that on a number of interviews.

But I would just let them pull the weight on this one.             

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="985446" timestamp="1300503082"]
AAW and WOSgrad they are verbally abusing you too on BRI.  It is in the SmackTalk section.  Dale is a big man behind that computer screen!!!!!
[/quote]

It looks as though you are kissing some a** over there as well. ;)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="985478" timestamp="1300505004"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81733.msg985446#msg985446 date=1300503082]
AAW and WOSgrad they are verbally abusing you too on BRI.  It is in the SmackTalk section.  Dale is a big man behind that computer screen!!!!!
[/quote]

It looks as though you are kissing some a** over there as well. ;)
[/quote]

Just tired of all the BS and tired of people who need to grow up!!!!!  Enough is enough!!!  I mean you two are two 40 something year old kids acting like you are 12!!!! :D :D

Well this is just my .02 from a 2 week old ADMIN...........

If we are not gonna allow references to BRI then we should not allow references to hoopinsider either.  Either you allow both or delete both.  Not really fair to allow chad to have in his signature and not allow the guys from BRI.  I also think that neither is a threat to this site.  Just my opinion.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="985539" timestamp="1300508176"]
Well this is just my .02 from a 2 week old ADMIN...........

If we are not gonna allow references to BRI then we should not allow references to hoopinsider either.  Either you allow both or delete both.  Not really fair to allow chad to have in his signature and not allow the guys from BRI.  I also think that neither is a threat to this site.  Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Well, and this has also been explained, Hoopinsider.com lists SETXsports.com in its links list.  Contrary to the rants of that walking vagina, AVItom and that drug addict, bigred360, it is not because we NEEDED the information on HoopInsider.  If I may be so arrogant, I think I did a pretty damned good job of keeping up with the local scores in the area and had to use Chad's site as a resource very occassionally and know that he used info here to complete his (the same with Brad up in East Texas).

Second, Chad has not, since he left, allowed public rantings against this site or its staff on his site.  That has long been a pastime on the Melancon family of sites, whether it be TSI or BRI.

Third, who says that we haven't deleted references to HoopInsider?   ;)

Chad asked permission to do so and he also left on good terms, resigning in the proper manner. Just like Todd stated, he has our link on his site and has not trashed us nor allowed any trashing of this site over at his. The guy that owns and runs BRI (he also owns and runs TSI) has repeatedly trashed us and has allowed his members to do so in open forums. Yes we talk trash about them, but only in this closed or limited forums.

IMO, it's apples and oranges when comparing Chad's site to theirs.

I have no problem with Chad having his link in his sig. But, he should be the only one to have is link in a sig, no one else should have HoopInsider in their sig.

IMO, BRI doesn't warrent that priviledge here.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="985546" timestamp="1300509049"]
:D :D :D

I actually think you did a better job at it than anyone I have ever seen!!!!

I am referring to Chad having his avatar and the name of his site in his signature.
[/quote]

1. Thanks.  2.  On Chad, so was I.  When BRI AND its staff 1) display something other than open hostility toward this site and 2) not stand by and snicker when non-staff members do the same, then I might be persuaded to look the other way when I see a BRI signature if Jordan were to okay that.  And, to repeat the note that this whole thread started on, Jordan is not so eager to extend pleasantries and privileges to members of sites who as a regular part of their practice (and believe me, it is regular) take shots at SETXsports.

Not a problem, and as far as being a threat, NOBODY could threaten SETXsports.com.  On our current pace for this month we will have between 2.5 and 2.6 MILLION page views for the month.  That will be about 500,000 page views more than March of last year.

In fact so far this school year (Aug. 2010-present), the SETXsports message board has amassed 19,396,068 page views, which is just over 600,000 page views less than all of last year (20,048,294 page views from Aug. 2009-June 2010).  We are not surpassing our previous numbers...we are destroying them!  And the numbers this year have been accomplished despite TSI operating during football season, HoopInsider.com operating during basketball season and a year old BRI operating the entire year.  

It is not a matter of them being a threat, it is a matter of them do their dead level best to trash something that I think we all pretty proud of here.  Whether it has any effect is of no moment to me, that they have done that and have now decided to escalate into personal attacks outside of the content on the message board angers me to no end. So if Dale Rose and the rest of the riff raff over there never get to post a single post here again, then I won't lose any sleep over it.

In fact, after thinking about it.  As long as I am a staff member, I OPPOSE the reinstatement of Dale Rose, under any user name, as a member of SETXsports.com.  He has shown himself an unstable person who is prone to personal attack and threat.  That is the reason he was removed as a moderator by Jim Barton before the inception of SETXsports and things that I know about his past lead me to believe that is not someone that Jordan would want as a poster here.

If that is not the prevailing voice, I understand and will live by the majority decision, but that is my view.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="985629" timestamp="1300543185"]
In fact, after thinking about it.  As long as I am a staff member, I OPPOSE the reinstatement of Dale Rose, under any user name, as a member of SETXsports.com.  He has shown himself an unstable person who is prone to personal attack and threat.  That is the reason he was removed as a moderator by Jim Barton before the inception of SETXsports and things that I know about his past lead me to believe that is not someone that Jordan would want as a poster here.

If that is not the prevailing voice, I understand and will live by the majority decision, but that is my view.
[/quote]

I have no problem with keeping Dale banned.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="985712" timestamp="1300559182"]
Did you notice that AVItom joined the board over here!!!  I welcomed him.........my grandmother always told me that people who feel they are not welcome to kill them with kindness!!!! :D :D :D
[/quote]

AVitom is already been banned this morning.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124