• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="lamarproud" post="979109" timestamp="1299527108"]
[quote author=becktobigs link=topic=81354.msg979108#msg979108 date=1299526893]
[quote author=bball11 link=topic=81354.msg979070#msg979070 date=1299521640]
I bet it will be Tic Price!!!
[/quote]Why promote someone from a staff that didn't get it done?  If it's to save money my comment is two words, Tony Branch.
[/quote]

I like Tic Price, but we need a new direction.  If Tic is part of the equation they might as well keep Roccaforte for the final year of his contract.
[/quote]

Tic Price philosophy is totally different than how I saw LU play this year. I played for Tic when he was a assistant and a head coach. He knows how to get it done

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="982486" timestamp="1300123237"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=81354.msg982449#msg982449 date=1300117330]
Press conference is set for this afternoon to announce that Roc is staying for the final year of his contract as head coach
[/quote]And I bet Tony Branch is rolling over somewhere in Indiana.
[/quote]  I think Tony lives in Louisville area.

Tidwell is waiting till after the Final 4 - that makes me thing they are looking at an assistant at a TOP program.  A program that Tidwell expects to be in the Final 4.  That would throw some interesting names in the mix, but as of right now my money is on Terry.

I've taken note of what Matt Cross has done in Port Arthur too, but he needs a couple of years on the bench as an assistant for a lower level D1 program.  Jumping from Lamar-Port Arthur to the HC job at Lamar Univ in Beaumont could set him up for failure rather quickly. 
[/quote]

How much "lower level" can ypu get than Lamar as the program currently exists?  Matt Cross needs to be given a really good look.

Brad Stevens the Head Coach at Bulter who made it to the final four last year was 29 when he took over the duties. He had been an assistant for several years at Bulter but NEVER a head coach at any level of basketball and now he is one of the biggest names in college basketball.

http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/stevens_brad00.html

[quote name="KingSnake" post="982852" timestamp="1300193617"]

I've taken note of what Matt Cross has done in Port Arthur too, but he needs a couple of years on the bench as an assistant for a lower level D1 program.  Jumping from Lamar-Port Arthur to the HC job at Lamar Univ in Beaumont could set him up for failure rather quickly. 
[/quote]

How much "lower level" can ypu get than Lamar as the program currently exists?   Matt Cross needs to be given a really good look.
[/quote] :D :D

[quote name="bigred360" post="982856" timestamp="1300194095"]
Brad Stevens the Head Coach at Bulter who made it to the final four last year was 29 when he took over the duties. He had been an assistant for several years at Bulter but NEVER a head coach at any level of basketball and now he is one of the biggest names in college basketball.

http://www.butlersports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/stevens_brad00.html
[/quote]

HE WAS AN ASST AT BUTLER...........not a head coach at LSC-PA!!!!!!!  That is why he was given the chance!!!!

I have to be honest I don't know much about Matt Cross so I cannot say I am for him but I am definitely not against him.  I know that Tubbs is very high on this young man so we shall see.  Another name that no one wants to hear but I continue to hear that he will indeed be in the mix is Alvin Brooks.  I am not for it but I keep hearing it.

Lazeek, you can read, right? Did my post say a word about anyone but Brad Stevens? Nope!

Did you know that Thad Matta of Ohio State coached at Bulter? Bulter is at a higher level than Lamar.

So they would have had a lot of people interested in the job yet they went with a coach without head coaching experience and he wasn't even 30 yrs old.  8) ;) :D ;D

[quote name="bigred360" post="982876" timestamp="1300197670"]
Lazeek, you can read, right? Did my post say a word about anyone but Brad Stevens? Nope!

Did you know that Thad Matta of Ohio State coached at Bulter? Bulter is at a higher level than Lamar.

So they would have had a lot of people interested in the job yet they went with a coach without head coaching experience and he wasn't even 30 yrs old.  8) ;) :D ;D

[/quote]

I am letting you know right now, that Cross might be interviewed but there is ZERO chance that Lamar hires him!!!!!  ZERO!!!!!!

Lazeek, you can let the world know for all I care. You think I'm gonna lost sleep over what you post on a message board. Heck, you stated you knew for a month that Roc was gone yet the AD Larry Tidwell stated he didn't make up his mind until Sunday night! Is he a liar?

You've been hit and miss on the things you state are going to happen with the Lamar University athletic programs.

I'll give you the Jeremy Johnson deal but you were wrong about scheduling TCU. Then you stated we are headed for the WAC. A lot will have to change between now and April 1st for that to happen.

Now isn't that funny. We wait a couple of days for a press conference to announce the firing of Roc and today Texas Tech is hiring BCG. They could have reassigned Roc and saved $135,000.

I pretty sure Roc will land at Tech too.

I also agree with you that Alvin Brooks will be given at least an interview for the Lamar job and maybe more consideration.

I do know Coach Tidwell stated to someone they already have a person in mind for the job!

[quote name="bigred360" post="982882" timestamp="1300198254"]
Lazeek, you can let the world know for all I care. You think I'm gonna lost sleep over what you post on a message board. Heck, you stated you knew for a month that Roc was gone yet the AD Larry Tidwell stated he didn't make up his mind until Sunday night! Is he a liar?

You've been hit and miss on the things you state are going to happen with the Lamar University athletic programs.

I'll give you the Jeremy Johnson deal but you were wrong about scheduling TCU. Then you stated we are headed for the WAC. A lot will have to change between now and April 1st for that to happen.

[/quote]

I was right about Johnson...........and I never said TCU and LU would be playing.  I said I would love it and that I would be there, and that there was a connection with Tidwell and Tubbs at TCU, but never said it would happen.  So keep searching for something I have been wrong on.

As far as the WAC......just a matter of time my little buddy!!!! ;) ;)  And then you will start calling me the "YOUR SOURCE FOR LU"!!! 8) 8)

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="982888" timestamp="1300199320"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=81354.msg982882#msg982882 date=1300198254]

[/quote]

I was right about Johnson...........and I never said TCU and LU would be playing.  I said I would love it and that I would be there, and that there was a connection with Tidwell and Tubbs at TCU, but never said it would happen.  So keep searching for something I have been wrong on.

As far as the WAC......just a matter of time my little buddy!!!! ;) ;)  And then you will start calling me the "YOUR SOURCE FOR LU"!!! 8) 8)
[/quote]Make him call you 'Mr. Your Source......."  ;)

[quote name="BLUEDOVE3" post="982897" timestamp="1300199762"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81354.msg982888#msg982888 date=1300199320]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=81354.msg982882#msg982882 date=1300198254]

[/quote]

[/quote]Make him call you 'Mr. Your Source......."  ;)
[/quote] 8) 8) :D :D

You keep bumping your gums on here and your inside source at LU might get P.O'd and dry up on the info.  As for Matt Cross, he looks like he is going to be successful somewhere.  I hope LU is not regretting missing out in 5-10 years on one of the up and comers in the game.  I don't think you or many others could do what he has done with little or no resources at PAC-LU.

[quote name="bigred360" post="982906" timestamp="1300200030"]
Dude you did state TCU and Lamar would be playing a football game in 2011. I don't have time to or care enough to look up your post.

You must have forgot I have a few sources in the athletic department myself my round little friend.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Never said it.......I looked it up on all threads.

Now my questions is this........is "your" source the one that said he was staying??  That is what you guys were reporting yesterday? :D :D :D

[quote name="Ruckdad" post="982845" timestamp="1300186692"]
Tidwell is waiting till after the Final 4 - that makes me thing they are looking at an assistant at a TOP program.  A program that Tidwell expects to be in the Final 4.  That would throw some interesting names in the mix, but as of right now my money is on Terry.
[/quote]Coaches meetings take place around the Final Four but having it done by then doesn't necessarily mean waiting until then.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="982914" timestamp="1300200928"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=81354.msg982906#msg982906 date=1300200030]
Dude you did state TCU and Lamar would be playing a football game in 2011. I don't have time to or care enough to look up your post.

You must have forgot I have a few sources in the athletic department myself my round little friend.  ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Now my questions is this........is "your" source the one that said he was staying??  That is what you guys were reporting yesterday? :D :D :D
[/quote]
No, they weren't sure it was 50/50.....You could have deleted it as there have been a lot of threads deleted on this forum.

[quote name="bigred360" post="982918" timestamp="1300201363"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=81354.msg982914#msg982914 date=1300200928]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=81354.msg982906#msg982906 date=1300200030]

[/quote]

[/quote]
No, they weren't sure it was 50/50.....You could have deleted it as there have been a lot of threads deleted on this forum.

[/quote]

You are digging again.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83