Rebels to leave Wed morning!

I just spoke to Coach Williams and he told me that the team will leave early Wed morning. He is working on a shoot around at a larger facility to help the team get focused on playing in a larger gym, but he want to get the team up to Austin and get them focused for the game as soon as possible.

He mentioned 8 AM so if you want to be a part of the send off I suggest that you make your way to the gym parking lot around 7:30 to be ready to give them a send off worthly of a team that we expect to be bringing home a state championship on Saturday.

See you Thursday morning!

Side note to Rebel fans...$600 has been donated SETXsports to help with the broadcast costs so the game can be heard over the internet. We still need to raise at least $400 more to be sure that the game(s) are broadcast. Thanks! 

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="978969" timestamp="1299513733"]
Good Luck Rebels! Bring home the nets!
[/quote]

I applaud you for wishing Evadale the best.  However, PLEASE do not PREDICT that they will win the State Championship.  We want them to have a fair chance to do so.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="Rebel Yeller" post="979053" timestamp="1299519243"]
I thought Coach Williams had a great interview with Alex on Sports Extra last night. He is a class act!
[/quote]

I knew (and played golf with and against) Coach Williams while he was still in college.  He was a ton of fun (literally), but when it came time for business, he was focused and very intense.  Evadale's success this year makes me very proud of him as well as that scrappy group of Rebels.

[glow=red,2,300][/glow]i wish i could be there to cheer you guys on i would not miss this if i didn't have to
you rebels play with your heart and leave it all on the floor and you'll be the victors
i'll be listening (Big Jim)

[font=Arial][color=blue][u][b][size=18pt] R E B E L S    R E B E L S    R E B E L S[/size][/b][/u][/color][/font]

[quote name="whambulance" post="979122" timestamp="1299528363"]
We did ourselves good by getting Williams on board.  Some thought we would never see the light of day after the last coach left, well looks like he at least has not done a bad job.  Congrats to the Rebels and to Coach Williams, great job and a class act!
[/quote]Good Luck Rebels.Coach Williams was a perfect fit for this group.You almost always need an experienced guy on the bench with a senior club and he has done a super job !!

Would just like to wish the team and coaches the very best. I know winning state would be a great thing for the whole school and community but what is really great is this group of young men and coaches are just great people to be around. I commend you coach and players for representing the community and your school with  such class. It just makes me proud to know you  and to watch you all grow together as one force to be dealt with. Good luck and have a safe and wonderful experience.

[quote name="whsalum" post="979259" timestamp="1299545078"]
[quote author=whambulance link=topic=81351.msg979122#msg979122 date=1299528363]
We did ourselves good by getting Williams on board.  Some thought we would never see the light of day after the last coach left, well looks like he at least has not done a bad job.  Congrats to the Rebels and to Coach Williams, great job and a class act!
[/quote]Good Luck Rebels.Coach Williams was a perfect fit for this group.You almost always need an experienced guy on the bench with a senior club and he has done a super job !!
[/quote]I couldn't agree more with you both...
You can see your goal from here Rebs!!!  There's now just two teams standing between you bringing the nets home.  Dig deep and take it to em!!!

So very proud of this group of young men, watching them mesh into this amazing team has been a wonderful experience. I am so proud we have Coach L as part of our community, he has brought class to our basketball program and has taught these young men lessons they will carry with them forever. Best of luck Rebels...show Austin what you got!

[quote name="2csmom" post="979524" timestamp="1299614573"]
So very proud of this group of young men, watching them mesh into this amazing team has been a wonderful experience. I am so proud we have Coach L as part of our community, he has brought class to our basketball program and has taught these young men lessons they will carry with them forever. Best of luck Rebels...show Austin what you got!
[/quote]
He might have taught them a lot of things but hasn't taught ONE of them humility or sportsmanship!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder