Lamar vs. McNeese Updates...And Yes LU Season Ends!!!!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="978727" timestamp="1299443233"]
There is no need to bring back Tom (as Al Caldwell once put it) "Abadremarco."  He had nothing but disdain for Lamar and the Golden Triangle.  And by the time he was through sending the Lamar program into the toilet the Lamar students (of which I was one) and the Golden Triangle was sick of him.  He is not a good coach, he is not a good recruiter.  He failed at Lamar, he failed at Drake.

The only thing he ever accomplished in basketball was being lucky enough to be on a bench as Jim Valvano's assistant when Thurl Bailey threw down a rebound on a Derek Whittenberg airball in the last seconds of a national championship game in 1983.  If he is the best that Lamar U. could come up with as far as a basketball coach to replace a hopefully soon to be gone Roc (who interestingly enough reminds me a lot of Abadremarco), then Lamar basketball needs to go by way of Lamar football in the 1990's and shut it down!
[/quote]I am not saying LU will consider bringing him back, but I need to defend the truth. Abatermarco was an idiot who spoke without thinking. However I think he was the best X and O guy in Lamar history. Including Tubbs and Pat Foster. Had his mouth not gotten him fired, He would have taking Caldwell and Jackson to a top 25 and Lamar basketball would have never fallen off the cliff. Nobody can not tell me in all honesty that the team Tony Branch screwed up was not top 25 had Abatemarco been coach.

Abatemarco has since apologized and said he grew up. He also said If Lamar asked, he would come. The man knows basketball.

[quote name="UNLV" post="978811" timestamp="1299461790"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=81297.msg978727#msg978727 date=1299443233]
There is no need to bring back Tom (as Al Caldwell once put it) "Abadremarco."  He had nothing but disdain for Lamar and the Golden Triangle.  And by the time he was through sending the Lamar program into the toilet the Lamar students (of which I was one) and the Golden Triangle was sick of him.  He is not a good coach, he is not a good recruiter.  He failed at Lamar, he failed at Drake.

The only thing he ever accomplished in basketball was being lucky enough to be on a bench as Jim Valvano's assistant when Thurl Bailey threw down a rebound on a Derek Whittenberg airball in the last seconds of a national championship game in 1983.  If he is the best that Lamar U. could come up with as far as a basketball coach to replace a hopefully soon to be gone Roc (who interestingly enough reminds me a lot of Abadremarco), then Lamar basketball needs to go by way of Lamar football in the 1990's and shut it down!
[/quote]I am not saying LU will consider bringing him back, but I need to defend the truth. Abatermarco was an idiot who spoke without thinking. However I think he was the best X and O guy in Lamar history. Including Tubbs and Pat Foster. Had his mouth not gotten him fired, He would have taking Caldwell and Jackson to a top 25 and Lamar basketball would have never fallen off the cliff. Nobody can not tell me in all honesty that the team Tony Branch screwed up was not top 25 had Abatemarco been coach.

Abatemarco has since apologized and said he grew up. He also said If Lamar asked, he would come. The man knows basketball.
[/quote]

the fact his name is even mentioned on this board is ridiculous..

[quote name="bigred360" post="978733" timestamp="1299443893"]
So, grad are you an Lamar alumnus or just attended for a few years? Obviously, you went to law school somewhere else.
[/quote]

I graduated with a bachelor of business administration degree from Lamar in 1990.

[quote name="puddin tane" post="978825" timestamp="1299464287"]
[quote author=UNLV link=topic=81297.msg978811#msg978811 date=1299461790]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=81297.msg978727#msg978727 date=1299443233]

[/quote]

the fact his name is even mentioned on this board is ridiculous..
[/quote]The fact Lamar basketball has been down for 25 years is ridiculous and sad. Thinking within the box has failed us.

Thanks for the reply WOSgrad. Maybe AAW can talk you into coming to Beaumont to watch the Cardinals and Jeremy Johnson who in my opinion has the highest up side and will be the starting QB in the fall since he is a freshman and can make great strides from now until he is a senior.

After watching the "Crawfish Bowl" I'm ready to catch some Cardinals football games. Even though the teams were divided, I could see some improvement in depth, o-line, the running game and several individuals stood out on defense.

I'm with coachacola here, I could care less what kind of name we bring in here. All I'm looking for is a winner. Bigred360, do you think we could afford to pay someone $200,000+ and buy out Roc?

I hope we have someone digging deep into their wallet!  :D

The idea of Abatemarco is a total joke.  Also, you guys can go ahead and forget about LU paying someone $200k.  Not happening.  They will have to pay roc next year so that would be 300k plus for head coaching salaries for next year.  NOT HAPPENING!!!!!!  Rodney Terry or Alvin Brooks will be our next head coach.  Mark it down.

[quote name="sleepy" post="978908" timestamp="1299505622"]
The idea of Abatemarco is a total joke.  Also, you guys can go ahead and forget about LU paying someone $200k.  Not happening.  They will have to pay roc next year so that would be 300k plus for head coaching salaries for next year.  NOT HAPPENING!!!!!!  Rodney Terry or Alvin Brooks will be our next head coach.  Mark it down.
[/quote]

Roc will be an assistant somewhere next year and Lamar will not have to pay him.  Rodney Terry has been an assistant coach at the D1 level for the last 16+ years and Alvin Brooks failed as HC at Houston so the future does indeed look bright for Lamar basketball! 

[quote name="sleepy" post="978908" timestamp="1299505622"]
[/quote]Yeah, so typical of the thinking. Brooks proven to have no coaching skills and Terry, like Roc, without Head coaching job.
Another 10 years of losing.

[quote name="bigred360" post="978842" timestamp="1299467268"]
Thanks for the reply WOSgrad. Maybe AAW can talk you into coming to Beaumont to watch the Cardinals and Jeremy Johnson who in my opinion has the highest up side and will be the starting QB in the fall since he is a freshman and can make great strides from now until he is a senior.

After watching the "Crawfish Bowl" I'm ready to catch some Cardinals football games. Even though the teams were divided, I could see some improvement in depth, o-line, the running game and several individuals stood out on defense.
[/quote]

360, I do need to get over there for a Cardinal football game.  Aside from the new talent such as Jeremy, there is plenty of "blue" in Big Red to keep my interest this year, if you know what I mean.

If you want a shot at BCG at LU, better act now.  And probably should up the timetable on the WAC - if there is a timetable.

But at te same time, I'm not sure that new AD Krby Hocutt is going to be thrilled with the proposition of BCG either.  Al Golden was a pretty safe hire at Miami. 

[quote name="geezer" post="978957" timestamp="1299511609"]
Proven Head Coach:  I say go after Bubba Skelton, won at Miss Juco, baby sat Roc to win SLC East and winning again at 2nd Mississippi JUCO
[/quote]
Thats my guy. Prooven as a recruiter and X's and O's coach. He went back to Miss to be closer to home, but Money talks!!! The guy "Just Wins Baby!" He is one of those mine and his'in coaches. He'll when with mine and he'll win with his'in.  ;D And his players seem to really respond and believe in him which is 99% of the battle.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="coachacola" post="979022" timestamp="1299516954"]
I predict BCG will go to Tech and he'll hire Roc for his staff.
[/quote]

Can you MAKE that happen? :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476