best team in setexas not talked about

Guest coachhooker

Guest coachhooker

many people might not agree with me but i think the best team in setexas that many people dont talk about is East Chambers, they have one of the best head coaches in the state he is a provine winner at all levels, and they might have the best athletic QB in the setx, and the only bad thing about the QB is he really is a basketball player playing football

Guest EagleFan01

I don't think so.... My take on this whole thing is from what I have seen on some film of EC this year is that if you can contain Thomas you can beat EC... Notice I said contain cause your not going to keep him down but if can control him you can beat them..... There defense is not that good lets face it..... I have seen alot of weak spots in the defense that the Newton staff will take advantage of believe me....

Guest ECBucFan

As a fan of EC, I can't really be unbiased. With that said, Newton would have to be the heavy favorite, but EC will give em' their best. I haven't looked ahead much, though. We have Hardin still to play. We'll see after that. However it turns out, a 10-0 record is alot to be proud of. Well done Bucs, Well done!

It is a possibility that the two will meet and I think Newton's strength of schedule will be the big difference. Playing teams like Crockett, Carthage, Silsbee and yes Jasper will have the Eagle better prepared for the playoffs. EC does have a great QB but don't forget that Newton has one also and 3 or 4 backs that will take it to the house at any time. However it ends up, if we meet, it should be a good game and both teams will give it their all.

It is a possibility that the two will meet and I think Newton's strength of schedule will be the big difference. Playing teams like Crockett' date=' Carthage, Silsbee and yes Jasper will have the Eagle better prepared for the playoffs. EC does have a great QB but don't forget that Newton has one also and 3 or 4 backs that will take it to the house at any time. However it ends up, if we meet, it should be a good game and both teams will give it their all.[/quote']

Where was all these backs at when they got destroyed by Kirbyville earlier in that scrimmage. I guess they got moved up later in the season.

This was a great thread untill balla opened his mouth.

Idiot

Now back to the topic. I promise you that Ec does not want to play Newton. They remeber what happened last year. And as far as a Coach. Last years match Old Tony joe was trying to run the play clock down to the final seconds. Good strat.. to keep the ball out of the hands of Newton O, but with that strat. you must make 1st downs. They made 5 the whole game, if my memory is right. It broke his own teams rythm. Bad plan.

Naw, you just don't understand. Some of the Newton fans going by what they used to do against Kirbyville. Of course you can dominate a team that has a sh**t load of talent but no good coaches what so ever. On top of that the players wasn't discipline. Our program have definley changed since the 90's. Kirbyville is the most underrated team in Southeast Texas. Not only the Wildcat fans know it, other folks know it as well. They predict Kirbyville to be 6th place because we lost alot of seniors last year. Well, look like to me we are doing good just as i expected. If the good lord bless me to see next year, i wonder what the prediction is with Kirbyville. Keep in mind this a very young football squad. Imagine that!!!! :shock:

Guest ECBucFan

Certainly your opinion is OK, but please notice EC went 4-0 against 3A's this year. Although I am not sure, I bet EC could give several 4A teams a good game. Yes, against 5A's EC would be overmatched, since most of our guys go both ways. EC vs. PN-G might be interesting....

BTW, I think the statement was EC is the best "not talked about team" in the area, not "the best overall". Might have misunderstood the statement.

WO-S would beat the crap out of EC. No offense,you know it and we do too. It would not even be close. Just say you all have a good team and you think it will go a little ways in the playoffs,but dont call out any big-boys. Especially when you guys would never schedule any of them. Stay in ya place 2a!!! Deweyville put up yards and points on you. The big boys woyld whip ya. Plain and simple!!

Guest ECBucFan

I ain't "CALLING OUT" anyone. I am responding to a retorical question. I said "SEVERAL" 4A's, and I didn't even mention WOS. Don't put words or intentions into my mouth. Simmer down, and get your facts straight.

BTW, we schedualed four 3A's. What else do you want?

Guest coachhooker

the only thing i wanted out of this thread was just to say i think ec isnt talked about to much for being 9-0 and of course not many teams in 3a can hang with wos and i am sure wos would hanf with many 4a and some 5a schools i was just giving props to ec for a great season so far, and i wish all of the luck to wos and ec in the playoffs it would be nice to get a 2a and 3a state champ out of the setexas area. so goodluck to all

OK, I'm not knocking your thread, but if you make one, people will put thier opinions. You have people talking about them now :) Good Luck in the playoffs. Even if we are in a down season, I don't think EC hangs in with PNG like one guy said. Silsbee wore down because of the lack of depth and so would EC. EC has a great 2A team.

Guest ECBucFan

Scalp'em, you are right. EC even wore down against our 3A opponents. We blew away H-J for three quarters, then they rallied like crazy. Our boys were exhausted after that game.

Just for discussion, I think PN-G would dominate the line play, and EC might have a speed advantage. EC might lead early, PN-G probably wins.

Guest EagleFan01

Newton is gonna shoot for a third straight appearance in the title game again.... See if we can bring home another state title for the area.. Good Luck to all the teams in the playoffs in the area..... There is alot of good schools that don't get talked about nearly enough... Including teams like Warren, Deweyville, Buna who is having a good year, EC is real good this year but lacks depth and will wear down in the playoffs.... Good Luck to everyone..

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SVD Beaumont
    Newest Member
    SVD Beaumont