POST WO-S CERTA-BEARDEN TOURNAMENT RESULTS HERE(Sat Games washed)

[quote name="cornhusker" post="977951" timestamp="1299290328"]
Stampley  pitched the 3rd and 4th innings for the Dogs and looked good. He has not pitch to a batter since last May for the freshman team.
[/quote]
Stampley pitched the 4th & 5th inning. Ryan Quinn pitched the first 3 innings. Both pitchers looked very good.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Yearof thePat!" post="978020" timestamp="1299296365"]
Let me try this again on the correct thread.

Where's Zoch this weekend? Are teams pitching around him?
[/quote]

He ran into some real good pitching yesterday from Nederland and Vidor has a decent staff, too!

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="978036" timestamp="1299297170"]
[quote author=Yearof thePat! link=topic=81177.msg978020#msg978020 date=1299296365]
Let me try this again on the correct thread.

Where's Zoch this weekend? Are teams pitching around him?
[/quote]

He ran into some real good pitching yesterday from Nederland and Vidor has a decent staff, too!
[/quote]

Good point Grad, plus he went 7 innings in a nail biter against Vidor.

Guest tappedout
What are the Dog's going to get out of playing in this tournament beside's inflated offensive number's? I don't believe you are going to find out anything about your pitching because the talent that ya'll are playing against. Just wondering how this get's you ready for 20-4A.

[quote name="tappedout" post="978056" timestamp="1299298531"]
What are the Dog's going to get out of playing in this tournament beside's inflated offensive number's? I don't believe you are going to find out anything about your pitching because the talent that ya'll are playing against. Just wondering how this get's you ready for 20-4A.
[/quote]So B.C and Jasper are not very good ....Is that what you are saying? Last week we played in a 5a tourny and lost 2 out of 6 games ...And this next weekend we have Clements and a couple more big 5a schools ..so let the inflating begin ;)

[quote name="tappedout" post="978056" timestamp="1299298531"]
[/quote]

Well, let's set out a few things:

1.  Remember, this is the weekend that Nederland normally would be hosting their own tournament.  In fact, up to about a month before the season started, plans were to do exactly that.  So, by the time it appeared that wouldn't be an option I am sure the many tournaments were full.

2.  If they had to go to an alternate plan, the Certa-Bearden wasn't a bad one.  It contained a district opponent (Vidor) a potential bi-district opponent (Dayton) and two opponents that usually go deep in the 3A playoffs and whom your district mates have scheduled to prepare them for play (PN-G had BC as their opener and LC-M invited the Cardinals to the tournament....Jasper's loss to Nederland was their only loss in 4 games against 20-4A teams).

I think Coach Robbins, given the circumstances, has been prudent in his choices to prepare the Bulldogs for district play.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    TankParrish83
    Newest Member
    TankParrish83