**EAST CHAMBERS vs. NEW WAVERLY Broadcast**/New Waverly advances!

Its the Region III Quarterfinals with the winner advancing to the Regional Tourney at SFA as the East Chamber Buccaneers take on the New Waverly Bulldogs TONIGHT at 7pm in Huffman. East Chambers (26-7) 24-2A district champs, defeated Woden in the Area round, 68-64. New Waverly (24-10), district 23-2A runner up, defeated Anahuac 65-52 in Bi-District and nipped Nac. Central Heights, 48-46, in the Area round, to set up this quarterfinal match up. These two teams know each other very well as they have played twice already this season. The Bulldogs came out on top in both games beating the Bucs 64-59 on Dec. 3rd at the Big Sandy tourney and 51-48 on Dec. 28th at the East Chambers tourney. Will the 3rd time be the charm for EC or will it be a 3 game sweep for NW?

Broadcast time will start at 6:50pm with tip off to follow at 7pm. Click the link provided to hear all the exciting play of this quarterfinal playoff!!

EAST CHAMBERS vs. NEW WAVERLY, LIVE TONIGHT here at SETXsports.com!!

http://www.setxsports.com/index/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=112:silsbeebcast&catid=73:games

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="backdoorcuts" post="974116" timestamp="1298917352"]
I could have sworn they beat them in the EC tournament?
[/quote]Yeah they beat EC twice this year.. Early.. EC had just finished playing football and had only been in the GYM 2 weeks, but now after a long season with a new coach EC is set to take this match up.

[quote name="True Blue" post="974125" timestamp="1298918017"]
[quote author=backdoorcuts link=topic=81006.msg974116#msg974116 date=1298917352]
[/quote]Yeah they beat EC twice this year.. [b]Early.. EC had just finished playing football and had only been in the GYM 2 weeks[/b], but now after a long season with a new coach EC is set to take this match up.
[/quote]

Early is true for the Big Sandy tournament but I wouldn't call Dec. 27 - 29 early for that 2nd loss True Blue. It nevers fails, you always find a way to exaggerate a little.  :-\

[quote name="True Blue" post="974125" timestamp="1298918017"]
[quote author=backdoorcuts link=topic=81006.msg974116#msg974116 date=1298917352]
[/quote]Yeah they beat EC twice this year.. Early.. EC had just finished playing football and had only been in the GYM 2 weeks, but now after a long season with a [b]new coach [/b]EC is set to take this match up.
[/quote]

New coach???  Coach Andrews has been at EC for a few years now!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="974160" timestamp="1298921112"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81006.msg974125#msg974125 date=1298918017]
[/quote]Yeah they beat EC twice this year.. Early.. EC had just finished playing football and had only been in the GYM 2 weeks, but now after a long season with a [b]new coach [/b]EC is set to take this match up.
[/quote]

New coach???  Coach Andrews has been at EC for a few years now!!!
[/quote]

I'm assuming that he's referring to Hoffpauir (sp?)??

AGGIES ARE WE---Since we aren't playing at home, I guess I will have to bring your GUMBO to you in a thermos. Coach Hoffpauir, our new asst. Coach, has been a great addition to our coaching staff. We are very fortunate to have his experience. Coach Andrews, Coach Fontenot and the whole team have benefited from his presence. They have a good coaching relationship. This group of young kids will try their hardest, I hope and pray it will be enough.====  GOOD LUCK BUCS!!!!!

[quote name="sportster" post="974186" timestamp="1298926491"]
AGGIES ARE WE---Since we aren't playing at home, I guess I will have to bring your GUMBO to you in a thermos. Coach Hoffpauir, our new asst. Coach, has been a great addition to our coaching staff. We are very fortunate to have his experience. Coach Andrews, Coach Fontenot and the whole team have benefited from his presence. They have a good coaching relationship. This group of young kids will try their hardest, I hope and pray it will be enough.====  GOOD LUCK BUCS!!!!!
[/quote]

I'll be expecting that gumbo. Just don't forget the file'!!

[quote name="KHSAlum400" post="974156" timestamp="1298920605"]
[/quote]Yeah they beat EC twice this year.. [b]Early.. EC had just finished playing football and had only been in the GYM 2 weeks[/b], but now after a long season with a new coach EC is set to take this match up.
[/quote]

Early is true for the Big Sandy tournament but I wouldn't call Dec. 27 - 29 early for that 2nd loss True Blue. It nevers fails, you always find a way to exaggerate a little.  :-\
[/quote] They had been playing for 1 week the first time that they played ,and lost by 5. Two weeks later they played and lost by 3. Can we agree with that?? JMO I dont think NW is as good as they have been. I see EC winning this game by 10 or more.

[quote name="True Blue" post="974188" timestamp="1298926856"]
[quote author=KHSAlum400 link=topic=81006.msg974156#msg974156 date=1298920605]
[/quote]

[/quote] They had been playing for 1 week the first time that they played ,and lost by 5. Two weeks later they played and lost by 3. Can we agree with that?? JMO I dont think NW is as good as they have been. I see EC winning this game by 10 or more.
[/quote] With all that being said coach blue u dont thank NW has not got better. ??? ??? ??? ???

NW might have got a little better, but I see were they fell behind Ana. in there last game before comming back and winning. So if they fall behind EC this game will be over. I have seen both teams play a few times this year and I just think EC has better athletes. So what they like in size they make up for in speed. And I truly dont like NW fans ;)

[quote name="True Blue" post="975358" timestamp="1299093005"]
NW might have got a little better, but I see were they fell behind Ana. in there last game before comming back and winning. So if they fall behind EC this game will be over. I have seen both teams play a few times this year and I just think EC has better athletes. So what they like in size they make up for in speed. And I truly dont like NW fans ;)
[/quote] I no alot of NW fans they like there basketball.And the NW coach is one of by best friend.Ana.has a good team they beat those k-lions.

All I know is I am excited about broadcasting this game because three of my favorite coaches will be involved in this one, Coach Andrews and Coach Fontenot of East Chambers and Coach Goffney of New Waverly. Great bunch of guys who I should have made bets with back at the Big Sandy tourney. ;) ;D

[quote name="CATMAN" post="975385" timestamp="1299095111"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=81006.msg975358#msg975358 date=1299093005]
[/quote] I no alot of NW fans they like there basketball.And the NW coach is one of by best friend.Ana.has a good team they beat those k-lions.
[/quote]I talked with NW coach, and he seemed to be a class act, But some of there fans, now thats a differens story. I have seen fan mouth at eachother, but I saw NW fans ( grown people) run there mouths at players of other teams after the games.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami