Beaumont Ozen vs. Barbers Hill Game Thread/Ozen advances!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="mussop2" post="970694" timestamp="1298438391"]
Ok Barbers Hill you got your chance. You got what you asked for now what? Are you going to hate us the entire way or are you going to root for the local area teams like we do? And for the rest of the negative comments ENOUGH is ENOUGH.
[/quote]

Would you care to give some examples of negative comments?  please cite the post...oh thats right, you cant, because there are none.  Did you even read this thread?  Who is "we".  Gimme a break.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="970706" timestamp="1298439399"]
[quote author=mussop2 link=topic=80737.msg970694#msg970694 date=1298438391]
Ok Barbers Hill you got your chance. You got what you asked for now what? Are you going to hate us the entire way or are you going to root for the local area teams like we do? And for the rest of the negative comments ENOUGH is ENOUGH.
[/quote]

Would you care to give some examples of negative comments?  please cite the post...oh thats right, you cant, because there are none.  Did you even read this thread?  Who is "we".  Gimme a break.

[/quote]

Couldn't have said it better myself..... ;).  Where the heck did that come from....  Congrat to Ozen on the"W".....

[quote name="mussop2" post="970732" timestamp="1298452969"]
How do YOU forget. The comments on how we beat PNG. The comments on how you (Barbers Hill) can't wait for the rematch.  And yes you BH people were talking on how PNG was beaten. And you asked for the rematch and now you"ve had it. My how do we forget?
[/quote]

That's "negative"?  Wanting a rematch?    ;D  Wouldnt you?  And it was good rematch as I expected.

As for the PNG score...that was way more than BH fans commenting on that.  And the karma evened out with Livingston.  Like I, and others have said Ozen has a great team and wish them all the luck going forward.  You'll beat Angleton handily and then get a shot an Huntsville.  Go get em.

[quote name="atb63" post="970355" timestamp="1298424666"]
Thanks, for the updates.  It sounds like it was a very exciting game.
I decided at the last minute to stay home, instead of going to this game.
Looks like I missed a good one.  BH will be back next year.
Congrats to the Ozen Lady Panthers.
[/quote]
atb63- Ozen and BH will have great teams next year and should battle for the regional champioship, imo. They are both good with some great young talent. Best of luck to Ozen at regionals..

[quote name="HillGuy" post="970754" timestamp="1298467698"]
[quote author=mussop2 link=topic=80737.msg970732#msg970732 date=1298452969]
How do YOU forget. The comments on how we beat PNG. The comments on how you (Barbers Hill) can't wait for the rematch.  And yes you BH people were talking on how PNG was beaten. And you asked for the rematch and now you"ve had it. My how do we forget?
[/quote]

That's "negative"?  Wanting a rematch?    ;D   Wouldnt you?  And it was good rematch as I expected.

As for the PNG score...that was way more than BH fans commenting on that.  And the karma evened out with Livingston.  Like I, and others have said Ozen has a great team and wish them all the luck going forward.  You'll beat Angleton handily and then get a shot an Huntsville.  Go get em.
[/quote]
Well said Hill Guy, and congrats to yall on a wonderful season. I am a big Central lady jags fan, and a good buddy of mines daughter plays for Ozen (Massey). So if you have room for me on the bandwagon I would like to hop on and route for Ozen Lady Panthers to win the region and represent southeast texas @ state. Huntsville is an ok team, but Ozen will beat them also. Huntsville has noone that can handle the ball when pressure is applied. If Ozen keeps their turnovers down and play their game of basketball this will make for a easy win for them. Once again congrats to both teams, and let's do this Ozen lady Panthers..

[quote name="jr1979" post="970810" timestamp="1298474377"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=80737.msg970754#msg970754 date=1298467698]
How do YOU forget. The comments on how we beat PNG. The comments on how you (Barbers Hill) can't wait for the rematch.  And yes you BH people were talking on how PNG was beaten. And you asked for the rematch and now you"ve had it. My how do we forget?
[/quote]

That's "negative"?  Wanting a rematch?    ;D   Wouldnt you?  And it was good rematch as I expected.

As for the PNG score...that was way more than BH fans commenting on that.  And the karma evened out with Livingston.  Like I, and others have said Ozen has a great team and wish them all the luck going forward.  You'll beat Angleton handily and then get a shot an Huntsville.  Go get em.
[/quote]
Well said Hill Guy, and congrats to yall on a wonderful season. I am a big Central lady jags fan, and a good buddy of mines daughter plays for Ozen (Massey). So if you have room for me on the bandwagon I would like to hop on and route for Ozen Lady Panthers to win the region and represent southeast texas @ state. Huntsville is an ok team, but Ozen will beat them also. Huntsville has noone that can handle the ball when pressure is applied. If Ozen keeps their turnovers down and play their game of basketball this will make for a easy win for them. Once again congrats to both teams, and let's do this Ozen lady Panthers..
[/quote]Welcome aboard jr

I also want to thank the BH seniors and their great parents for everything they have given over the years.  Wonderful kids in a great program and always made my DD feel welcome and proud to play with them.  We will miss you Carli, Jenna and Kara so much...just remember you will ALWAYS be Lady Eagles!

[quote name="jr1979" post="970810" timestamp="1298474377"]
[/quote]

That's "negative"?  Wanting a rematch?    ;D   Wouldnt you?  And it was good rematch as I expected.

[/quote]
[/quote]Ditto HillGuy! was actually looking forward to rooting on a SETX team...having second thoughts after that BS....!  Enjoyed the run...good luck to Sticks!

[quote name="Bill Dance" post="970500" timestamp="1298430013"]
Just curious, should Coach Kyle be worried that when she wakes up tomorrow that she will have a for sale sign in her front yard. Similar results to last year's coach. Same results different coach.
[/quote]Not even close to the same scenerio as last year...BH girls basketball took a major leap for the better under this new coaching staff....changes should have been made 6 years ago! 

[quote name="HillGuy" post="970624" timestamp="1298433200"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=80737.msg970561#msg970561 date=1298431495]
Ozen will face Houston Yates, a 75-74 winner over Angleton
[/quote]
They will smoke Yates and set up a big region finale with Huntsville
[/quote]
I think that #10 from Yates will dominate this game. Yates +11

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="970869" timestamp="1298477986"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=80737.msg970624#msg970624 date=1298433200]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
The score was originally reversed.  A fair Angleton beat Yates 75-74.  Yates was just not that good, and played too weak a schedule to get ready for the playoffs.  Ozen will win by 15.

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="970869" timestamp="1298477986"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=80737.msg970624#msg970624 date=1298433200]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]Angleton won the game

[quote name="carlos" post="970851" timestamp="1298476550"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=80737.msg970810#msg970810 date=1298474377]
[/quote]

That's "negative"?  Wanting a rematch?    ;D  Wouldnt you?  And it was good rematch as I expected.

[/quote]
[/quote]Ditto HillGuy! was actually looking forward to rooting on a SETX team...having second thoughts after that BS....!  Enjoyed the run...good luck to Sticks!
[/quote]carlos, all of us Ozen fans are not like that. You are more than welcome to root the Lady Panthers on. Again, great season Lady Eagles and great two games against my Lady Panthers. I was there for both.

[quote name="carlos" post="970857" timestamp="1298476690"]
[quote author=Bill Dance link=topic=80737.msg970500#msg970500 date=1298430013]
Just curious, should Coach Kyle be worried that when she wakes up tomorrow that she will have a for sale sign in her front yard. Similar results to last year's coach. Same results different coach.
[/quote]Not even close to the same scenerio as last year...BH girls basketball took a major leap for the better under this new coaching staff....changes should have been made 6 years ago! 
[/quote]

You are right it is not the same, but it's also not a major leap.  The folks posting sales signs had kids that graduated last year and would of probably done it again.  You will always have folks upset with coaches when little Susie or Johnny doesn't get the right playing time.  We had some mad at Rivers and Hall even when they took us to titles.

To have a leap, we need to improve on wins, participation within program and get the spirit back. The spirit seems to be almost back and now we will need to get the numbers back up in the program.  I think Kyle-Martin can get us there and the community needs to be behind her.  A special thanks to the Seniors.  It's been fun watching them grow up from when they were in Little Dribblers.  We have a good core coming back next year and hopefully we will be able to have another run at it. 
Good Luck to Ozen.

[quote name="mussop2" post="970694" timestamp="1298438391"]
[/quote]

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami