Evadale going to West Hardin

True Blue

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="965780" timestamp="1297691564"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80232.msg965708#msg965708 date=1297648713]
Game moved to Monday night
[/quote]
Blue, how deep do you think your Rebels will go in the playoffs?
[/quote]Sure wish you guys would leave blue alone.  makes our whole town look stupid when you wake him up

[quote name="whambulance" post="965797" timestamp="1297694257"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=80232.msg965780#msg965780 date=1297691564]
[/quote]
[/quote]Sure wish you guys would leave blue alone.  makes our whole town look stupid when you wake him up
[/quote]
I'm being serious. I haven't seen them play this year but I do know that they have a top shelf coach in Laurence Williams and if he has a shred of talent, they will play a while after Valentine's day.

Lt.Dangle, I agree with ya about Coach Williams.He gets everything they have got to give him.I've seen the Rebels several times this year and it will depend on what type team they meet in the playoffs.If they go against a slow ball control type club they will win those type games.The fast clubs that pressure the ball will give them problems.The Rebels biggest weakness seems to me to be getting back on defense late in the games where stamina becomes an issue.They are about 6 players deep and that hurts them.

[quote name="whsalum" post="965839" timestamp="1297701525"]
Lt.Dangle, I agree with ya about Coach Williams.He gets everything they have got to give him.I've seen the Rebels several times this year and it will depend on what type team they meet in the playoffs.If they go against a slow ball control type club they will win those type games.The fast clubs that pressure the ball will give them problems.The Rebels biggest weakness seems to me to be getting back on defense late in the games where stamina becomes an issue.They are about 6 players deep and that hurts them.
[/quote]
Those marathon tourneys that have popped up the last few years (HJ, EC, Port Aransas) have helped teams with the stamina issue early in the season. I don't know if you lose ground from then to now by only playing 2 games a week instead of 6 games in 3 days  :-\ :-\...I guess we will see.

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="965780" timestamp="1297691564"]
[/quote]
[/quote]Sorry it has taken all day to get on. I realy dont know ??? As some said its all about matching  up. If they play a fast team with small shooting guards that has given them trouble. And if they press the ball their point guard is week someimes. They have worked hard all year trying to fix that, but they have not played anyone that pressured them once the dist. play started. I think that their shooting guard and farwards and center can play with anyone but after that they get week. If their big guys knock down the  shoots that they are suppost to, that take a lot of pressure of the point guards. But the biggest part is done, just make the dance and you never know what can happen. It has been 10 yrs that the Rebs won state and I was at that game, and would love to make another trip to Austin

[quote name="uknowit2" post="966302" timestamp="1297779892"]
Blue Boy made a funny. He used Evadale (Rebs) and Austin in the same sentence. Evadale will make it all the way in the playoffs to the first decent team they play. They haven't beaten a good team all year and I doubt they'll start now.
[/quote] I did not say that they would make it to Austin, just hope that they would. But I thank they have a much better chance than most teams in this area, of making it. WOS and HJ cant get past Silsbee, Ned, wont get pass Yates. So I see Silsbee, EC, Evadale, having the best chances of making it to Austin, from this area.JMO

[quote name="True Blue" post="966424" timestamp="1297791499"]
[quote author=uknowit2 link=topic=80232.msg966302#msg966302 date=1297779892]
Blue Boy made a funny. He used Evadale (Rebs) and Austin in the same sentence. Evadale will make it all the way in the playoffs to the first decent team they play. They haven't beaten a good team all year and I doubt they'll start now.
[/quote] I did not say that they would make it to Austin, just hope that they would. But I thank they have a much better chance than most teams in this area, of making it. WOS and HJ cant get past Silsbee, Ned, wont get pass Yates. So I see Silsbee, EC, Evadale, having the best chances of making it to Austin, from this area.JMO
[/quote]
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="966442" timestamp="1297793922"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80232.msg966424#msg966424 date=1297791499]
[quote author=uknowit2 link=topic=80232.msg966302#msg966302 date=1297779892]
[/quote]
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

[/quote] Is that all you got ??? ;D ;D Come on tell me what you realy think :o

I started to not even post but the immature side of me just wont let it go....You act as though the Tigers "mopped the floor with us" That was not the case. It is not impossible for the Hawks to beat the Tigers this year as you so eloquently stated, I know ur another HJ hater but if HJ gets the opportunity to play the Tigers again I think they have a good chance at taking the next game...I guess only time will tell. HJ has proved u haters wrong every year now...

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="967368" timestamp="1297897610"]
I started to not even post but the immature side of me just wont let it go....You act as though the Tigers "mopped the floor with us" That was not the case. It is not impossible for the Hawks to beat the Tigers this year as you so eloquently stated, I know ur another HJ hater but if HJ gets the opportunity to play the Tigers again I think they have a good chance at taking the next game...I guess only time will tell. HJ has proved u haters wrong every year now...
[/quote]Woo were did you get that I am a HJ hater, that could not be farther from the truth. I think that they have a out standing program. And if not for bad weather and bad luck we would be playing at HJ this year. And I did not see eather game, but just going from what I read. They just cant match up with Silsbee this year. I know that they have played close twice , for 3 qrs, but seem to have run out of gas in the 4 qr. From what I have read HJs starting 5 can play with Silsbees starting 5 but when you have to go to the bench Sislbee has the advantage.  I never said that the Tigers Mopped the floor, or anything like that. You seem to be wearing your feelings on your sholder ;D

[quote name="True Blue" post="967374" timestamp="1297898957"]
[quote author=PoppaBearstarr link=topic=80232.msg967368#msg967368 date=1297897610]
[/quote]Woo were did you get that I am a HJ hater, that could not be farther from the truth. I think that they have a out standing program. [b]And if not for bad weather and bad luck we would be playing at HJ this year. [/b]And I did not see eather game, but just going from what I read. They just cant match up with Silsbee this year. I know that they have played close twice , for 3 qrs, but seem to have run out of gas in the 4 qr. From what I have read HJs starting 5 can play with Silsbees starting 5 but when you have to go to the bench Sislbee has the advantage.  I never said that the Tigers Mopped the floor, or anything like that. You seem to be wearing your feelings on your sholder ;D
[/quote]

What is this???  Bad weather, Evadale playing at HJ.  Please explain!!!

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="967565" timestamp="1297918545"]
No feelings on shoulders here....I just think that they can beat them, we should have had them the first game, but couldn't close the deal.....I just took it as you wrote it, you said that HJ cant get passed silsbee this year, I just disagree....
[/quote] Like I said .  I was never hating on HJ , just going by what I have heard about the two teams this year. And by me writing that they could not get passed Silsbee, they have played twice and have not gotten by them yet. But anything can happen when your talking about 17 and 18 yr old kids.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124