Warm up games

Starting to hear some rumblings of some potential match ups for some playoff previews. Will get more details after this Friday night's games. One potential matchup would be a rematch of the Nederland tourney championship game, Silsbee vs. Galveston Ball. This very well may happen, it's in the works. ;)

If anyone has any info on some warm up game matchups, please post.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="963417" timestamp="1297233135"]
Thought that it would be unlikely for us to have a warm-up gme against a 4A team? Off topic, but what weekend is the state tournament?
[/quote]

I thought so as well considering that 4A does not get a bye. But it is in the works.

State tourney in March 10-12.

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="963417" timestamp="1297233135"]
Thought that it would be unlikely for us to have a warm-up gme against a 4A team? Off topic, but what weekend is the state tournament?
[/quote]

I think it would be a great opportunity for the Tigers to face Ball as a warm up game. Any time you can face an echelon team from an echelon district, it only makes your team better, regardless of the outcome. I will be cheering for the Tigers to win as I did when they played them in the Bulldog Classic.

Looking at Ball's schedule they finish district next friday instead of tuesday like the Tiger's.  Then their first playoff game has to be Monday or Tuesday,nso if this game happens it would have to be Saturday.  3 games in 4 or 5 games may not be their smartest start to the playoffs,  but would be a great game for the Tigers.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="964388" timestamp="1297393916"]
I know that the Montagne is not available on Saturday the 19th.  Games would have to be played on the 17th (Thurs) or 18th (Fri).

Although I personally don't see Roc giving up the Montagne any warmup or play in games!!!!!
[/quote]Seems I remember last year there being warmup games played at Lamar. I think Kountze and Silsbee and Spurger and one other team played. And I think it was a packed house.

[quote name="True Blue" post="964391" timestamp="1297394840"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80038.msg964388#msg964388 date=1297393916]
I know that the Montagne is not available on Saturday the 19th.  Games would have to be played on the 17th (Thurs) or 18th (Fri).

Although I personally don't see Roc giving up the Montagne any warmup or play in games!!!!!
[/quote]Seems I remember last year there being warmup games played at Lamar. I think Kountze and Silsbee and Spurger and one other team played. And I think it was a packed house.
[/quote]

I believe Nederland and Ozen played at the Montagne last year for district seedings for the playoffs since they tied for the district title (which Nederland won-BTW)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="964566" timestamp="1297442475"]
[quote author=True Blue link=topic=80038.msg964391#msg964391 date=1297394840]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=80038.msg964388#msg964388 date=1297393916]

[/quote]

I believe Nederland and Ozen played at the Montagne last year for district seedings for the playoffs since they tied for the district title (which Nederland won-BTW)
[/quote]
No, they played a PA Memorial--that's a nice gym, too...

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="964706" timestamp="1297462516"]
I'm kinda glad that we dont have to have the seeding game between HJ and Silbee this year, Hopefully both teams will make it to regionals and play there like so many years before.
[/quote]

We didn't have a seeding game last year either. ;) ;D

No we didnt but we did meet in regionals as I said for the many of the last 4 or 5 years...Maybe you mis understood me or I typed it wrong.... most of the last four or five year span we have met at the regional final game except that year that yall didnt make it past Jasper in 2009. I didn't reference the seeding game multiple times just the regional finals.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami