Who wins in a Silsbee/Nederland matchup?

[quote name="baddog" post="961973" timestamp="1297009951"]
[quote author=ballin4life link=topic=79873.msg961948#msg961948 date=1297006581]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=79873.msg961896#msg961896 date=1296972954]
That Memorial game was so long ago at the beginning of the season on a Saturday. It would be a much different game today. Ned is a lot better than those first 10 or so games of the season. Much like Silsbee would like to have the Ozen game back.
[/quote]Im going with the new[color=red] Thomas Jefferson [/color]NED. But still dont think NED. can handle PAM in yo face de thats the key to beating the bulldogs.
[/quote]

If this were even close to being true, how do explain Englishs success at Vidor. It's the coaching. That's what it always comes down to with Nederland sports.

Lombardi once said to an opposing coach......." I could take your team and beat you."
[/quote]Also helps that on his Vidor team, he had a really good inside outside big man 6'7".  With this Nederlandl team, He have 2 big men (both 6"5") that are better than the Big he had in Vidor.  Seems that English is good at playing a slowed down game with good post play.  Coach Williams have proven that he can Play a more slowed down style as last year, he had a great roll player in Stallworth, a very good 6'8"  big man that played good defense with great guard play.  This year's Silsbee team don't have a player taller than 6'4", but that don't stop them from competing and dominating teams with superior size.  They run and gun, they play smothing defense, they're athletic, can shoot, and the big man they do have plays 4 or 5 inches bigger than his size. 

All and all, I'm a fan of good big men, but seeing that I've seen both teams play, I have to go with the Tigers with a -7 line...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We still debating this?

I already told you guys who would win.

Seen plenty of basketball this season, seen over 70 different teams play. Silsbee and Nederland are the best two teams in this area, but Silsbee is just a little bit better.

Tigers win by 5.

(of course, I am a bit of a homer ;D)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="962004" timestamp="1297017035"]
We still debating this?

Seen plenty of basketball this season, seen over [b]70 different teams play[/b]. Silsbee and Nederland are the best two teams in this area, but Silsbee is just a little bit better.

Tigers win by 5.

[/quote]
::) ::) ::)

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="962004" timestamp="1297017035"]
We still debating this?

Seen plenty of basketball this season, seen over 70 different teams play. Silsbee and Nederland are the best two teams in this area, but Silsbee is just a little bit better.

Tigers win by 5

[/quote]

Yep, still debating this game that won't materialize. Heck, we're still coaching Png to a victory from last Tuesday.  ;D

Homerism not allowed. Neither team should be ashamed losing to the other.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="962006" timestamp="1297017184"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79873.msg962004#msg962004 date=1297017035]
We still debating this?

Seen plenty of basketball this season, seen over [b]70 different teams play[/b]. Silsbee and Nederland are the best two teams in this area, but Silsbee is just a little bit better.

Tigers win by 5.

[/quote]

[/quote]

LAZEEK, you doubting the fact that I have seen that many teams this year?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="962010" timestamp="1297017794"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79873.msg962006#msg962006 date=1297017184]
We still debating this?

Tigers win by 5.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="962020" timestamp="1297019238"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=79873.msg962010#msg962010 date=1297017794]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=79873.msg962006#msg962006 date=1297017184]
We still debating this?

Tigers win by 5.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes!!!
[/quote]

Do I need to provide a list for you? I have been keeping up with the amount of teams I have seen this season. Something I have been doing regularly since I started broadcasting.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="962016" timestamp="1297018418"]
Game goes to double OT at Montagne.

@@ Ned holds ball for 90 secs. English drains the 3 this time.

Nederland wins in Doubele OT by 3.
[/quote]Nope.  Everybody KNOWS that Silsbee wouldn't let Nederland hold the ball for 90 seconds. They are far too smart for that!  ;) 

If they tried, all they would see would be the back of the Tiger's jersey as he goes in for a layup after a steal.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="962039" timestamp="1297022469"]
What teams pose a threat to Silsbee in their Region besided HJ or Cleveland. No one else really seems that strong. Maybe[b] Dibol?[/b]
[/quote]

Diboll?? That's pretty funny.

Other than the teams you have mentioned (HJ and Cleveland) teams that will be a challenge would be Coldspring, LaVega, Sealy, and Mexia. Also, don't count out Navasota, Groesbeck and Stafford.

One thing that bugs me about teams that apply alot of back court pressure is they all hold and act like they're not fouling.  They put their hands on the hip of the offensive player to control that first step, even when the offensive player is running up the court the defensive player will have the back of his hand against the pelvis to control the speed. I wish they would enforce the holding and hand checking and it would stop or players would foul out.
Sorry had to get that off my chest

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="962030" timestamp="1297020779"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79873.msg962016#msg962016 date=1297018418]

[/quote]Nope.  Everybody KNOWS that Silsbee wouldn't let Nederland hold the ball for 90 seconds. They are far too smart for that!   ;) 

If they tried, all they would see would be the back of the Tiger's jersey as he goes in for a layup after a steal.
[/quote]

The 90 secs comment was a joke-BTW. I don't think we'll see that happen for a while (God willing).

As mentioned b4, it's a toss up.

Out of 10 games:
Nederland wins 5
Silsbee wins  5

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="962081" timestamp="1297029202"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79873.msg962030#msg962030 date=1297020779]

[/quote]Nope.  Everybody KNOWS that Silsbee wouldn't let Nederland hold the ball for 90 seconds. They are far too smart for that!   ;) 

If they tried, all they would see would be the back of the Tiger's jersey as he goes in for a layup after a
steal.
[/quote]

The 90 secs comment was a joke-BTW. I don't think we'll see that happen for a while (God willing).

Out of 10 games:
Nederland wins 5
Silsbee wins  5
[/quote]

Wish I would have thought of that joke.

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="962081" timestamp="1297029202"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=79873.msg962030#msg962030 date=1297020779]

[/quote]

Out of 10 games:
Nederland wins 5
Silsbee wins  5
[/quote]And my response was a joke...... hence the wink.  ;)

But I think you are right.  It would be a close matchup, although I think Silsbee would have the upper hand.  The pressure that Silsbee puts on the ball is very intense.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="962086" timestamp="1297029974"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79873.msg962081#msg962081 date=1297029202]

[/quote]

Out of 10 games:
Nederland wins 5
Silsbee wins  5
[/quote]And my response was a joke...... hence the wink.  ;)

But I think you are right.  It would be a close matchup, although I think Silsbee would have the upper hand.  The pressure that Silsbee puts on the ball is very intense.
[/quote]

I think we all agree their defense is one of their strong pts.

The Dawgs have handled pressure really well since the Bulldog Classic.

They've not allowed Ozen or Central's pressure to affect their game (hence their victories over them).

Nederland can adjust to pressure. It would be challenging for Silsbee to adjust to height and length and speed.
8)

[quote name="Honest Abe" post="962087" timestamp="1297030452"]

They've not allowed Ozen or Central's pressure to affect their game (hence their victories over them).

Nederland can adjust to pressure. It would be challenging for Silsbee to adjust to height and length and speed.
8)
[/quote]I didn't realize that the Dogs had made that much of an adjustment.  I would hazard to guess that Silsbee's man-to-man is more intense than Ozen and Central's, but by how much, I wouldn't know.

But yes, I would be concerned, if I was Silsbee, with a tall team.  But the first thing those skyscrapers had better realize is that they had better not dribble even once if they are posted up, because [b]they will lose the ball[/b].

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="962093" timestamp="1297031624"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79873.msg962087#msg962087 date=1297030452]

8)
[/quote]I didn't realize that the Dogs had made that much of an adjustment.  I would hazard to guess that Silsbee's man-to-man is more intense than Ozen and Central's, but by how much, I wouldn't know.

But yes, I would be concerned, if I was Silsbee, with a tall team.  But the first thing those skyscrapers had better realize is that they had better not dribble even once if they are posted up, because [b]they will lose the ball[/b].
[/quote]

I don't know of any big man in the area who is encouraged to dribble, although they do it at times...

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="962100" timestamp="1297033395"]
[quote author=Honest Abe link=topic=79873.msg962097#msg962097 date=1297032901]
I don't know of any big man in the area who is encouraged to dribble, although they do it at times...
[/quote]It's like telling people not to slow down and look at an accident as they drive by. 

No matter how many times its said, you still do it.
[/quote]

True dat!

Huge pet peeve of mine, BTW!

Stupid drivers.  >:( >:( >:(

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami