Little Cypress Mauriceville vs. Lumberton Game Thread/Lumberton wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="A Bear's Bear" post="955437" timestamp="1296096329"]
That wet, warm feeling running down LCM's leg is their playoff chances.
[/quote]

If they beat Vidor, Livingston, and PNG I would like their chances at getting in as the 4th seed. Plus an upset of Central, Ozen, or Nederland would do wonders.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="955927" timestamp="1296161421"]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=79270.msg955437#msg955437 date=1296096329]
[/quote]

If they beat Vidor, Livingston, and PNG I would like their chances at getting in as the 4th seed. Plus an upset of Central, Ozen, or Nederland would do wonders.
[/quote]Don't jinx us!  So far, the season series with Central/LC-M is 1-1.  We beat them in a tourney by 20 and they beat us in a district game in Orange by 5.  So would it really be an upset if LC-M beats us?

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="955956" timestamp="1296163528"]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=79270.msg955927#msg955927 date=1296161421]
[quote author=A Bear's Bear link=topic=79270.msg955437#msg955437 date=1296096329]
[/quote]

[/quote]Don't jinx us!  So far, the season series with Central/LC-M is 1-1.  We beat them in a tourney by 20 and they beat us in a district game in Orange by 5.  So would it really be an upset if LC-M beats us?
[/quote]

I think it would be an upset because Central is currently +15 on the season series, has more talent IMO, and currently has a 2 game district edge over the Bears.

[quote name="ForeverADog" post="955995" timestamp="1296166121"]
[quote author=BMTSoulja1 link=topic=79270.msg955956#msg955956 date=1296163528]
[quote author=ForeverADog link=topic=79270.msg955927#msg955927 date=1296161421]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think it would be an upset because Central is currently +15 on the season series, has more talent IMO, and currently has a 2 game district edge over the Bears.
[/quote]Very good points.  That makes a lot of sense.  I, myself, don't think we'll be losing to them @ Central...

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="955957" timestamp="1296163563"]
LCM is much better team than Livingston, Vidor and PNG!!!!  Losing to Lumberton was a joke and they were without Gonzo!!!!!  LCM beats Lumberton next go around by 20!!!!!

Now if Gonzo is out for an extended period of time then yes, the Bears are in trouble!!!!
[/quote]

They don't play Lumberton again....that was the first game of the 2nd half.  As for as being much better...I haven't seen it.  I have seen all teams but Livingston multiple times in tournaments and when they played Nederland and they are all pretty close. I do think Coach Harley will get them to the playoffs.

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="955957" timestamp="1296163563"]
LCM is much better team than Livingston, Vidor and PNG!!!! [color=red][b] Losing to Lumberton was a joke[/b][/color] and they were without Gonzo!!!!!  LCM beats Lumberton next go around by 20!!!!!

Now if Gonzo is out for an extended period of time then yes, the Bears are in trouble!!!!
[/quote]

How was it a joke??
Lumberton's kids played like they are capable of. They didn't lose thier minds when they got down early and were able to battle back, and then hold on to win. LCM seemed to hit evey clutch shot down the stretch,but Lumberton's kids were able to answer them all back. Soph-Ryan Stanley hit 2 huge 3's and another bucket in the fourth to balance Harley's 3 3's that quarter. His brother Wayne Stanley had 6 of his 13 in the fourth also. Lumberton also hit 7/8 of their FT's in the fourth.
Lum also took decent care of the ball with only 13 turnovers. Some of the foul difference was the result of Lumberton playing a non-pressure zone most of the game and LCM trying to pressure Lum and being out of position on the back side of thier zone.
Sure it hurt LCM not having Gonzales, he's a VERY good player, but how about giving Lumberton's kids a little credit for bowing thier necks and gutting out a win against a quality team??

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder