The Silsbee Soccer Coach

Islander

While at the Hamshire-Fannett soccer tournament, the Silsbee Soccer Coach made it a point to speak with me today.  It was a very good experience.

His sincere words regarding last years tournament made a significant impression on me.  The Coach's comments centered around the important things in high school sports.  The Coach spoke of sportsmanship and playing with the right attitude. The need to realize that your opponent is not an enemy, but just another person wanting to play a game.  After the short time that I spent with him, I am confident that his concern for the welfare of others significantly enhances his ability to be a good leader for impressionable young men.

Good Luck to you, Coach.  I wanted to thank you again for your comments.  I am confident that those comments will echo in my mind in the future when I remember my trip to Hamshire-Fannett.   

From The Bears' Number One Fan 

Guest SexyTigger
Yeah he is a really good coach and has really calmed the team down in the past year. We are no longrer a team that fights, but a team that playes soccer.

[quote name="SexyTigger" post="953086" timestamp="1295733808"]
Yeah he is a really good coach and has really calmed the team down in the past year. We are no longrer a team that fights, but a team that playes soccer.
[/quote]

Too bad. I like a soccer team that fights, makes it more interesting, like hockey. ;D

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="953105" timestamp="1295735638"]
[quote author=SexyTigger link=topic=79035.msg953086#msg953086 date=1295733808]
[/quote]

Too bad. I like a soccer team that fights, makes it more interesting, like hockey. ;D
[/quote]

maybe you can teach that frame of mind to the basketball team.  HJ would cakewalk over the Tigers if they lost 3 or 4 starters due to ejection...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124