Game Format

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="952558" timestamp="1295660297"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=78980.msg952556#msg952556 date=1295660124]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78980.msg952530#msg952530 date=1295657182]
I have learned through some sources of mine that this is a one year deal. Look for things to go back to "normal" next season. ;)
[/quote]

The administration bowing down to the parents again. So glad I do not have a kid in high school anymore.  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Actually, from what I was told, it was the administration bowing down to the parents that got it changed to how it is this season.  ;)
[/quote]

And they are bowing down again. Bleed Orange is out and done.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="bleed orange" post="952490" timestamp="1295654989"]
I do understand that in order to like girl sports you really have to have a kid playing. I do not watch it on TV but I also do not watch the men on TV until March Madness. That being said I do not believe that the schools are doing this to promote the girls. Why would they do that? At Orangefield we have good crowds at both rather we are winning or losing and so does HJ. When my daughter was a senior they played at HJ and the gym was packed. Both of those schools do not need the boys game to fill the gym for them. Maybe the support is not there at other schools during down years? OF and HJ does not have that problem. Yes, OF has had some down years. Not many though. All in all it is, how well does a community support their team? If some of you guys had a girl and a boy playing your thinking would change. I think if you ask the kids themselve's, most of them like it. The guys want to see the girls play and the girls want to see the guys play. Before they only got to see each other play when their school held a tournament. Also how nice would it have been for Todd Sutherland to watch his daughters play on a regular basis. I know he chose that profession but he would have liked to see his daughters play more. Instead he had to watch film. To say that they changed to help the girls crowd is "Hog Wash". I have seen some girls do fantasic things with a basketball in their hand. Some had the boys going "WOW". ;) ;)
[/quote]It's not "hogwash", just tellingt you what the coaches told me. :)

[quote name="bleed orange" post="952490" timestamp="1295654989"]
[b]I do understand that in order to like girl sports you really have to have a kid playing.[/b] I do not watch it on TV but I also do not watch the men on TV until March Madness. That being said I do not believe that the schools are doing this to promote the girls. Why would they do that? At Orangefield we have good crowds at both rather we are winning or losing and so does HJ. When my daughter was a senior they played at HJ and the gym was packed. Both of those schools do not need the boys game to fill the gym for them. Maybe the support is not there at other schools during down years? OF and HJ does not have that problem. Yes, OF has had some down years. Not many though. All in all it is, how well does a community support their team? If some of you guys had a girl and a boy playing your thinking would change. I think if you ask the kids themselve's, most of them like it. The guys want to see the girls play and the girls want to see the guys play. Before they only got to see each other play when their school held a tournament. Also how nice would it have been for Todd Sutherland to watch his daughters play on a regular basis. I know he chose that profession but he would have liked to see his daughters play more. Instead he had to watch film. To say that they changed to help the girls crowd is "Hog Wash". I have seen some girls do fantasic things with a basketball in their hand. Some had the boys going "WOW". ;) ;)
[/quote]

That is not completely accurate, I enjoy watching the girls play too. I do not have a kid on either...I love the format, I hope it's not a one year deal as aggie says, It is for the kids not the parents anyway. I think that it is great that we as fans can watch two varsity games in one night......Besides as I said the other day I have heard numerous support on it, just most on this site are complaining, but most of the people upset are watching teams that are struggling, that does make for a long day.

• 1 month later...
[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="952558" timestamp="1295660297"]
[quote author=bleed orange link=topic=78980.msg952556#msg952556 date=1295660124]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78980.msg952530#msg952530 date=1295657182]
I have learned through some sources of mine that this is a one year deal. Look for things to go back to "normal" next season. ;)
[/quote]

The administration bowing down to the parents again. So glad I do not have a kid in high school anymore.  ;D ;D
[/quote]

Actually, from what I was told, it was the administration bowing down to the parents that got it changed to how it is this season.  ;)
[/quote]And its go to be true because Aggie said it.

If this format passes the litmus test in the 3a district then I would say shorten the length of quarters on the sub-v games. Playing 6 min quarters give teams 24 minutes to figure out a winner....that's plenty time. And I have a sub-v player on a local team & I have no problems with it.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jacobmartin
    Newest Member
    jacobmartin