Silsbee @ Hamshire Fannett

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SHSTIGER - If your comment is in reply to my post - No chest beating going on just shaking the HATERS off and if the shoe fits wear it.  Does it really matter in a game if "you never led"?  IMO - no it doesn't because it's the final score that puts the W on your record.  There's always an excuse, the coach is out sick(and I pray for his speedy recovery), we didn't have one of our best players on the floor(it takes more than one player to make a TEAM).  I've never taken anything away from a talented group of kids and Silsbee has talent and coaching which is what is needed to get the W's.  Unlike lots of people on this site I do give credit where credit is due that's why I don't call it chest beating.

Very good posts, ma'am.    But I must warn you, there is a good chance that your posting of facts may be deemed classless.   Congrats to the Horns on a great effort.  Bluedove and I continually give each other a hard time (all in good fun) but he obviously has the upper hand on me at this point.

[quote name="stevenash" post="952886" timestamp="1295704258"]

Very good posts, ma'am.    But I must warn you, there is a good chance that your posting of facts may be deemed classless.   Congrats to the Horns on a great effort.  Bluedove and I continually give each other a hard time (all in good fun) but he obviously has the upper hand on me at this point.
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment and for being so concerned that you feel you need to warn me but no warning needed sir.  Please define classless when someone is stating FACTS?  I understand the purpose of this site and I understand the relationship between Bluedove and many of you on this site and that it's all in good fun.  I don't say much but I'm on this site almost everyday and when I have something to say I will say it (and back it up with FACTS) and those who want to call it classless - so be it. FACTS can be FUN  :)

[quote name="hfmom08" post="952897" timestamp="1295706452"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78903.msg952886#msg952886 date=1295704258]

[/quote]

Thanks for the compliment and for being so concerned that you feel you need to warn me but no warning needed sir.  Please define classless when someone is stating FACTS?  I understand the purpose of this site and I understand the relationship between Bluedove and many of you on this site and that it's all in good fun.  I don't say much but I'm on this site almost everyday and when I have something to say I will say it (and back it up with FACTS) and those who want to call it classless - so be it. FACTS can be FUN  :)
[/quote]

In my opinion, nothing classless about it at all- Am in total agreement with you - strictly a tongue in cheek comment that you will understand if you read the three posts entitled : " Dogs1218-regarding your WOS HJ prediction" and "Stevenash is" and "badsanta- regarding your  prediction".  The bottom line is this:  There are a lot of  talkers who feel it is fair to "give it" but terribly unfair to be held accountable for their comments when exposed for the absurdity those comments represent.  All I can say is more power to you.
"

[quote name="SHSTIGER" post="952903" timestamp="1295707461"]
Sorry, but your post would have had much more credence in the "shaking the haters" dept. if you had been on here before the game rebutting the predictions of a 30 pt win.
[/quote]

Disagree-  I have done that several times(regarding other games) and my responses after the fact have been "judged" classless and almost inhumane.

Who cares about all the wacky blowout predictions some Silsbee fans made
[b]Silsbee won the game[/b]
Silsbee is still the team to beat and all the opposing team fans want to do after every game is say how they almost beat Silsbee
Well guess what nobody in this district has yet to do that so go back to the drawing board

My whole arguement was starting a new thread calling out the individual. It was totally unnecessary. HFmom kept the talk within the original thread. She didn't start a thread calling out the naysayers like you did, nash.

I don't have a problem with what she posted and I would not have had a problem had you kept it within the original prediction threads.

I think starting another thread calling out a certain individual is not right.

My opinion.

[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78903.msg952906#msg952906 date=1295708190]
My whole arguement was starting a new thread calling out the individual. It was totally unnecessary. HFmom kept the talk within the original thread. She didn't start a thread calling out the naysayers like you did, nash.

I don't have a problem with what she posted and I would not have had a problem had you kept it within the original prediction threads.

My opinion.
[/quoteI

I have no problem with anyone offering an opinion and, in my judgement, that is exactly what I did.

I stated that those were unnecessary as well.

Point is, you even have HJ fans calling you "classless" and stating "it's people like nash that makes it hard for folks to like HJ".

I'll be the first to admit that Silsbee has some fans that give us a bad name. I just think (and others as well) that you are falling into the same catagory for HJ.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="952911" timestamp="1295708945"]
I stated that those were unnecessary as well.

Point is, you even have HJ fans calling you "classless" and stating "it's people like nash that makes it hard for folks to like HJ".

I'll be the first to admit that Silsbee has some fans that give us a bad name. I just think (and others as well)[size=12pt][b] that you are falling into the same catagory for HJ.[/b][/size][/quote]

What you talkin about Willis you know he done hit the bottom along time ago

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="952912" timestamp="1295709021"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78903.msg952908#msg952908 date=1295708762]
Interesting that you thought a new thread was inappropriate but solicited me to create one for you.
[/quote]

That was my "stevenash" sarcasm at it's best. ;)
[/quote]
I understand that but  recently  I was "instructed" that I had misinterpreted another statement I felt was sarcasm.  I immediately apologized(because I was obviously in error) and decided I should accept your statements at face value.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="952921" timestamp="1295710170"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78903.msg952915#msg952915 date=1295709409]
Gee- it seems as though you can decide when I am being sarcastic but the opposite it not true.  I don't understand that.
[/quote]

That makes two of us. We'll just keep guessing. ;)
[/quote] 

Thats all one can do. 

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="952906" timestamp="1295708190"]

My opinion.
[/quote]

I fully understand your point and it has  a lot of validity.  Is it safe to assume that you will offer the same vigilance for the next swag and/or Dickie v?  Seems to me that they "got by" with considerably more than reminding somebody they had miscalculated.

[quote name="stevenash" post="952927" timestamp="1295710916"]
[quote author=AggiesAreWe link=topic=78903.msg952906#msg952906 date=1295708190]

My opinion.
[/quote]

I fully understand your point and it has  a lot of validity.  Is it safe to assume that you will offer the same vigilance for the next swag and/or Dickie v?  Seems to me that they "got by" with considerably more than reminding somebody they had miscalculated.
[/quote]

Point taken, duly noted.

I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR"

that's a more ignorant statement than the predictions made that silsbee would blow out HF.  you're going to brag about a loss against silsbee who was without probably their 2nd best player and their head coach?  they also surely overlooked you guys.  your coach also played not to get blown out, rather than to win (according to BD).  HF may have an outside chance at the playoffs but they're still looking at at LEAST 6 losses in district this year, maybe 7 or 8.

[quote name="bullets13" post="952991" timestamp="1295720247"]
I (hfmom) would be brave enough to say "If HF would stop coaching like it's Little Dribblers, we COULD handle Silsbee and anyone else in our district THIS YEAR"

that's a more ignorant statement than the predictions made that silsbee would blow out HF.  you're going to brag about a loss against silsbee who was without probably their 2nd best player and their head coach?  they also surely overlooked you guys.  your coach also played not to get blown out, rather than to win (according to BD).  HF may have an outside chance at the playoffs but they're still looking at at LEAST 6 losses in district this year, maybe 7 or 8.
[/quote]

Ignorance - A state of being uninformed (lack of knowledge). 

I have nothing to prove to you nor anyone else here but I would have to say you don't know me because I am not at all "uninformed" nor do I "lack knowledge" about the statement that I made and stand by. 
Again I say, I'm not beating any chests nor am I bragging about a loss but it seems to me that you are making excuses (silsbee being without "probably" their 2nd best player and their head coach) as most people do after their predictions don't pan out.  Your statement sounds a little "ignorant" because if you have to say "probably" then I would think that is falls under uninformed/lack of knowledge.  If you're so sure of yourself then you would know whether or not whomever you refer to as being the 2nd best player is really the 2nd best player. 
If you're going to quote BD then get it right...he stated "the HF staff played to lose and not make it a blowout".  HF staff needs to start "playing to WIN and not make it a blowout" and have confidence in the players they have.  I've been around these players much longer than the HF staff and I know (that's having knowledge) what talent HF has.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anagha.23
    Newest Member
    anagha.23