HARDIN-JEFFERSON vs. SILSBEE BROADCAST/SILSBEE WINS 64-56!!!

WOSgrad

[quote name="ST4life" post="949844" timestamp="1295299162"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949835#msg949835 date=1295298047]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78734.msg949830#msg949830 date=1295297413]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949823#msg949823 date=1295296507]
I knew I would take a lot of heat for bashing HJ this year on this public forum, but I stay firm in my judgement until proven otherwise. They still lost the game, just like the other games they lost, all to quality teams.. I may not like the hype about them every year, but I respect HJ. They have been the top team in area for years and have the history to prove it. I just want people to wake up and realize that HJ is not a top notch team THIS year and will not reach the normal expectations.

As far as the WOS pick over HJ, I think the athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ  ;)
[/quote]

HJ has never been a "top notch" team........even when they won state on 07 they were ranked higher than 5-7th in the state until after they won it all.  

Just what to you consider "top notch"???  I will give you a definition of "top notch".........Dallas Madison!!!!  Mark my words that they will be there in the end.  They play anyone and everyone on their schedule and so far their record proves it as they are about .500 on the season.

Dogs1218 I have no problem with you voicing your opinion and sticking to it..........and I don't have a problem with you always going against HJ.  Not that you care if I have a problem!!!! :D :D :D

I have even gone on record as saying that HJ is not as deep and not as quick as Silsbee, but I always think that the Hawks can and will beat the Tigers.  Just like you think that the Bulldogs can and will beat Ozen, Central, etc.  Nothing wrong with that!!!!

I have always pulled for Nederland and I will continue to do so.  Good luck to the Dogs on a district title and in the playoffs......I will be pulling for Coach English and the Dogs......the question is will you be pulling for the Hawks in district and the playoffs?? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] And I congratulate you Zeek for having sufficient restraint and/or good sense not to say that Ozen would "mop the floor" with Nederland.
[/quote]
We get it with the whole "mop the floor" thing Nash  ::) ::)

Here I’ll make an announcement for you:

Hey everybody Silsbee did not "mop the floor" with HJ they only beat them ok!!!
So stop hurting his feelings by saying that they will or did!!!

[/quote]Why give those instructions to "everybody"?  There was only one soothsayer who made that brilliant evaluation.

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="stevenash" post="949857" timestamp="1295300458"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949845#msg949845 date=1295299536]
[quote author=ST4life link=topic=78734.msg949844#msg949844 date=1295299162]
I knew I would take a lot of heat for bashing HJ this year on this public forum, but I stay firm in my judgement until proven otherwise. They still lost the game, just like the other games they lost, all to quality teams.. I may not like the hype about them every year, but I respect HJ. They have been the top team in area for years and have the history to prove it. I just want people to wake up and realize that HJ is not a top notch team THIS year and will not reach the normal expectations.

As far as the WOS pick over HJ, I think the athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ  ;)
[/quote]

HJ has never been a "top notch" team........even when they won state on 07 they were ranked higher than 5-7th in the state until after they won it all.  

Just what to you consider "top notch"???  I will give you a definition of "top notch".........Dallas Madison!!!!  Mark my words that they will be there in the end.  They play anyone and everyone on their schedule and so far their record proves it as they are about .500 on the season.

Dogs1218 I have no problem with you voicing your opinion and sticking to it..........and I don't have a problem with you always going against HJ.  Not that you care if I have a problem!!!! :D :D :D

I have even gone on record as saying that HJ is not as deep and not as quick as Silsbee, but I always think that the Hawks can and will beat the Tigers.  Just like you think that the Bulldogs can and will beat Ozen, Central, etc.  Nothing wrong with that!!!!

I have always pulled for Nederland and I will continue to do so.  Good luck to the Dogs on a district title and in the playoffs......I will be pulling for Coach English and the Dogs......the question is will you be pulling for the Hawks in district and the playoffs?? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote] And I congratulate you Zeek for having sufficient restraint and/or good sense not to say that Ozen would "mop the floor" with Nederland.
[/quote]

[/quote]

:D :D

I have learned something about ol Nashe likes to repeat thing way over the limit to where he annoys other people not even associatted with the issue!  ;D

He will cool off later.. the loss must still hurt him a little bit   :D

[/quote]  Yes, I am really really mad/disturbed about the HJ loss and the pain is truly unbearable.(despite the fact that I made no comment about the game other than saying the absence of the Silsbee coach had no material impact on the final result)  That remark is nearly as "insightful" as the mop the floor comment.
[/quote]

Well what else could it be? Here look! I have a great idea for you to try! Move on! I said Silsbee would win and they did! You "said" (I assume you wanted them to win) HJ would win and the didnt!

The shoulda, woulda coulda's can be said about every game but the fact is that the result is either a "W" or an "L"

Stop trying your hardest to make other people look inferior to your brilliance and give credit where it is due! Jesus man! Its just basketball!!  :D ;D

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949866" timestamp="1295301260"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949857#msg949857 date=1295300458]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have learned something about ol Nashe likes to repeat thing way over the limit to where he annoys other people not even associatted with the issue!  ;D

He will cool off later.. the loss must still hurt him a little bit   :D

[/quote]  Yes, I am really really mad/disturbed about the HJ loss and the pain is truly unbearable.(despite the fact that I made no comment about the game other than saying the absence of the Silsbee coach had no material impact on the final result)  That remark is nearly as "insightful" as the mop the floor comment.
[/quote]

Well what else could it be? Here look! I have a great idea for you to try! Move on! I said Silsbee would win and they did! You "said" (I assume you wanted them to win) HJ would win and the didnt!

The shoulda, woulda coulda's can be said about every game but the fact is that the result is either a "W" or an "L"

Stop trying your hardest to make other people look inferior to your brilliance and give credit where it is due! Jesus man! Its just basketball!!  :D ;D
[/quote] NEVER, EVER predicted HJ would win.  I know better than that (you ought to try it)  I simply heard some remarks I thought were uncalled for and with poor judgement/malice  and I responded in defense of your belittlement of the HJ fans and the team.  Yes, I fully understood the context in which the original comments were made.  The only prediction I made was a 30 point victory for Silsbee which was an obvious absurd remark inteneded to make fun of those who really believed that.  I have a great idea for you, also.  Admit you had no earthly idea that HJ could compete with Silsbee.  Somehow, I doubt that will happen.

[quote name="stevenash" post="949882" timestamp="1295302408"]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949866#msg949866 date=1295301260]

As far as the WOS pick over HJ, I think the athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ  ;)
[/quote]

Just what to you consider "top notch"???  I will give you a definition of "top notch".........Dallas Madison!!!!  Mark my words that they will be there in the end.  They play anyone and everyone on their schedule and so far their record proves it as they are about .500 on the season.

Dogs1218 I have no problem with you voicing your opinion and sticking to it..........and I don't have a problem with you always going against HJ.  Not that you care if I have a problem!!!! :D :D :D

I have even gone on record as saying that HJ is not as deep and not as quick as Silsbee, but I always think that the Hawks can and will beat the Tigers.  Just like you think that the Bulldogs can and will beat Ozen, Central, etc.  Nothing wrong with that!!!!

I have always pulled for Nederland and I will continue to do so.  Good luck to the Dogs on a district title and in the playoffs......I will be pulling for Coach English and the Dogs......the question is will you be pulling for the Hawks in district and the playoffs?? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
We get it with the whole "mop the floor" thing Nash  ::) ::)

[/quote]

I have learned something about ol Nashe likes to repeat thing way over the limit to where he annoys other people not even associatted with the issue!  ;D

He will cool off later.. the loss must still hurt him a little bit  :D

[/quote]  Yes, I am really really mad/disturbed about the HJ loss and the pain is truly unbearable.(despite the fact that I made no comment about the game other than saying the absence of the Silsbee coach had no material impact on the final result)  That remark is nearly as "insightful" as the mop the floor comment.
[/quote]

Stop trying your hardest to make other people look inferior to your brilliance and give credit where it is due! Jesus man! Its just basketball!!  :D ;D
[/quote] NEVER, EVER predicted HJ would win.  I know better than that (you ought to try it)  I simply heard some remarks I thought were uncalled for and with poor judgement/malice  and I responded in defense of your belittlement of the HJ fans and the team.  Yes, I fully understood the context in which the original comments were made.  The only prediction I made was a 30 point victory for Silsbee which was an obvious absurd remark inteneded to make fun of those who really believed that.  I have a great idea for you, also.  Admit you had no earthly idea that HJ could compete with Silsbee.  Somehow, I doubt that will happen.
[/quote]

HJ can compete with Silsbee on any given night ;) Im not that stupid to truely believe that they couldnt compete... Now, about the winning part, I clearly have made it known that HJ wont beat Silsbee

[quote name="dogs1218" post="949886" timestamp="1295302850"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949882#msg949882 date=1295302408]
[quote author=dogs1218 link=topic=78734.msg949866#msg949866 date=1295301260]

As far as the WOS pick over HJ, I think the athleticism of WOS will end up beating HJ  ;)
[/quote]

Just what to you consider "top notch"???  I will give you a definition of "top notch".........Dallas Madison!!!!  Mark my words that they will be there in the end.  They play anyone and everyone on their schedule and so far their record proves it as they are about .500 on the season.

Dogs1218 I have no problem with you voicing your opinion and sticking to it..........and I don't have a problem with you always going against HJ.  Not that you care if I have a problem!!!! :D :D :D

I have even gone on record as saying that HJ is not as deep and not as quick as Silsbee, but I always think that the Hawks can and will beat the Tigers.  Just like you think that the Bulldogs can and will beat Ozen, Central, etc.  Nothing wrong with that!!!!

I have always pulled for Nederland and I will continue to do so.  Good luck to the Dogs on a district title and in the playoffs......I will be pulling for Coach English and the Dogs......the question is will you be pulling for the Hawks in district and the playoffs?? ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]
We get it with the whole "mop the floor" thing Nash  ::) ::)

[/quote]

I have learned something about ol Nashe likes to repeat thing way over the limit to where he annoys other people not even associatted with the issue!  ;D

He will cool off later.. the loss must still hurt him a little bit   :D

[/quote]  Yes, I am really really mad/disturbed about the HJ loss and the pain is truly unbearable.(despite the fact that I made no comment about the game other than saying the absence of the Silsbee coach had no material impact on the final result)  That remark is nearly as "insightful" as the mop the floor comment.
[/quote]

Stop trying your hardest to make other people look inferior to your brilliance and give credit where it is due! Jesus man! Its just basketball!!  :D ;D
[/quote]

HJ can compete with Silsbee on any given night ;) Im not that stupid to truely believe that they couldnt compete... Now, about the winning part, I clearly have made it known that HJ wont beat Silsbee
[/quote]  I have no issues with that and never did.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="949865" timestamp="1295301097"]
I think Nash just got off the Mayflower, I keep waiting for some "thus thee smite me forthcoming"  "I hail from the province of Hardin and Jefferson counties".  " Take the sword ye neanderthal and I will thrust my words at you".  Such ellegance in his speech.
[/quote]

No, not particularly elegant but I will say this: The ETBB doth protest too much,(regarding my words) me thinks.  ;D

[quote name="stevenash" post="949891" timestamp="1295303800"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78734.msg949865#msg949865 date=1295301097]
I think Nash just got off the Mayflower, I keep waiting for some "thus thee smite me forthcoming"  "I hail from the province of Hardin and Jefferson counties".  " Take the sword ye neanderthal and I will thrust my words at you".  Such ellegance in his speech.
[/quote]

No, not particularly elegant but I will say this: The ETBB doth protest too much,(regarding my words) me thinks.  ;D
[/quote]A lot of words come to mind when I think of Nash......but elegant is not one of them.. ;D

[quote name="no-look" post="949898" timestamp="1295304712"]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949891#msg949891 date=1295303800]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=78734.msg949865#msg949865 date=1295301097]
I think Nash just got off the Mayflower, I keep waiting for some "thus thee smite me forthcoming"  "I hail from the province of Hardin and Jefferson counties".  " Take the sword ye neanderthal and I will thrust my words at you".  Such ellegance in his speech.
[/quote]

No, not particularly elegant but I will say this: The ETBB doth protest too much,(regarding my words) me thinks.  ;D
[/quote]A lot of words come to mind when I think of Nash......but elegant is not one of them.. ;D
[/quote]

I "resemble" that remark!!!  What words do come to your mind?  Objective?  Broad minded? anti-Gestapo?  or would the words "magniloquent and grandiloquent grumpy old rednecked bas-ard" be more what you were thinking of?

[quote name="stevenash" post="949900" timestamp="1295304867"]
[quote author=no-look link=topic=78734.msg949898#msg949898 date=1295304712]
[quote author=stevenash link=topic=78734.msg949891#msg949891 date=1295303800]
I think Nash just got off the Mayflower, I keep waiting for some "thus thee smite me forthcoming"  "I hail from the province of Hardin and Jefferson counties".  " Take the sword ye neanderthal and I will thrust my words at you".  Such ellegance in his speech.
[/quote]

No, not particularly elegant but I will say this: The ETBB doth protest too much,(regarding my words) me thinks.  ;D
[/quote]

I "resemble" that remark!!!  What words do come to your mind?  Objective?  Broad minded? anti-Gestapo?  or would the words "grumpy old rednecked bas-ard" be more what you were thinking of?
[/quote]LOL!...I must remain silent on this issue. ;D

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="949894" timestamp="1295304405"]
So just a curious question and no backdooring you here...........

Can HJ beat Nederland now????
[/quote]

If Hj comes out on fire and shoots the lights out of the gym, and found a way to deal with the front court of Ned, then maybe they would have a chance. But to be honest, and I may be biased, but I dont think anybody can handle the two big guys, Forney and Smith, for an entire game. And when you get Cunningham knocking down the outside shot, Nederland is really hard to defend, especially for teams in this area.

But to answer you question, yes. Any team can beat anybody given the most opportunities, but I think Ned has the edge in game if they played again.  ;)

H-J needs someone to step up and lead this team! The coaches are not gonna be able to do it. The reason they lost to Silsbee is because nobody stepped up to lead and drive the team to victory, if they can do that they will be set! Also Anderson needs to come back in full force!

[quote name="chiller3" post="950231" timestamp="1295330214"]
H-J needs someone to step up and lead this team! The coaches are not gonna be able to do it. The reason they lost to Silsbee is because nobody stepped up to lead and drive the team to victory, if they can do that they will be set! Also Anderson needs to come back in full force!
[/quote]
::) ::) ::) ::)

Prudhomme had 22 and Persohn had a big 2nd half.  Easily the best half a HJ big man has had in years!!!!!  Anderson is having surgery on his ACL this week and his HS hoop career is over.

As far as the coaches they are the best around.......you should know that!!!!!

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="950293" timestamp="1295362076"]
[quote author=chiller3 link=topic=78734.msg950231#msg950231 date=1295330214]
[/quote]

Prudhomme had 22 and Persohn had a big 2nd half.  Easily the best half a HJ big man has had in years!!!!!  Anderson is having surgery on his ACL this week and his HS hoop career is over.

[/quote]I feel bad for the Anderson kid. Tough break.

[quote name="no-look" post="950316" timestamp="1295364362"]
[quote author=LAZEEK link=topic=78734.msg950293#msg950293 date=1295362076]
[quote author=chiller3 link=topic=78734.msg950231#msg950231 date=1295330214]
[/quote]

[/quote]I feel bad for the Anderson kid. Tough break.
[/quote]That is awful!  I was hoping that somehow the kid could come back and play.  What is really upsetting is that he hurt his knee late in the 1st quarter of our last football game against WOS where we were down by some 28 points already.  50 yard run by the Mustangs and the next thing you know, Will comes up limping.

I know its heartbreaking to me, but it must drive Coach Sutherland and David nuts to see such a huge loss. 

I could imagine how tough it is on Will, too, because that kid was one of the lone bright spots on our football team.  He always left his heart out on the field.  And he was looking forward to a great year on the court.

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="949337" timestamp="1295205973"]
The refs made bad calls on both sides. It was a fair game! Tigers won!
[/quote]
I agree, Santa. Everone sitting around us also agreed that they were not cheating for Silsbee... they were just bad....consistently bad....all night long. We were surprised that Gus was still conscious after the game from getting hammered in the lane. Silsbee's big man played the entire game without a single foul. WOW

[quote name="Lt. Dangle" post="950346" timestamp="1295368755"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78734.msg949337#msg949337 date=1295205973]
[/quote]
I agree, Santa. Everone sitting around us also agreed that they were not cheating for Silsbee... they were just bad....consistently bad....all night long. We were surprised that Gus was still conscious after the game from getting hammered in the lane. Silsbee's big man played the entire game without a single foul. WOW
[/quote]I don't know how bad you would call them, because I've seen much worse, but no one could claim that they changed the outcome of the game.

Regarding Gus, I was surprised he was standing after the game simply because he was so tired.

Guest tigersvoice
[quote name="FanintheStands" post="950351" timestamp="1295369076"]
[quote author=Lt. Dangle link=topic=78734.msg950346#msg950346 date=1295368755]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=78734.msg949337#msg949337 date=1295205973]
[/quote]
[/quote]I don't know how bad you would call them, because I've seen much worse, but no one could claim that they changed the outcome of the game.

Regarding Gus, I was surprised he was standing after the game simply because he was so tired.
[/quote]

Would everyone that thinks the officiating was so bad please list their basketball credentials and how much experience that they have had in officiating basketball on the 3 A level and above.  If you haven't been
on the floor with a whistle then you have not a clue about how fast
things happen.  And you, as an official, don't have the luxury of sitting
around for a day or two and then declaring how bad a job you did.  For the entire game, I saw only two calls in the 4th quarter that I thought might have been  "Ticky-tacky."  They were both against HJ.  Neither call impacted the final outcome of the game.  The reason for calling them at that time might have been to say, "NO, we are not going there at this stage of the game."  It really is just too easy for non-qualified fans to come down on the officials if the game does not turn out to their liking.

Tigersvoice I value your opinion as you have tons of experience!!!! ;D ;D ;D

I don't think people are questioning the calls..........personally thought the game was called very well. Maybe one of the better games that I have seen this year especially considering the speed and aggressiveness of both teams.  The thing some are frustrated with and possibly blaming officiating is the fact that three of HJ's good players (Prudhomme, Gus and Persohn) had a total of 13 fouls and the Tigers best three players (Stallworth, Lane and Gaines) had a total of 3 fouls.

As I said, I thought the game was called very well!!!

Gaines not having as many could be partly because he was out of the game more than the others. As far as DC and Prentice I would like to think they spent more time on the bench resting(due to our depth) than their HJ countpart,  but I am not sure that was the case. DC has done a good job staying out of foul trouble this year but not sure how many games he completed without any.

[quote name="ST413" post="950493" timestamp="1295385161"]
Gaines not having as many could be partly because he was out of the game more than the others. As far as DC and Prentice I would like to think they spent more time on the bench resting(due to our depth) than their HJ countpart,  but I am not sure that was the case. DC has done a good job staying out of foul trouble this year but not sure how many games he completed without any.
[/quote]

No impact on the game, but very hard to imagine any starter from a very physical and pressing team able to go an entire game without committing a foul- correction - going an entire game without being called for a foul.  Any my perception was that the starters for Silsbee played MORE than normal.  Looked like the platoon plan was abandoned early when it was not bearing fruit.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami