Best Point Guard in SETX

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="grinch12" post="946142" timestamp="1294772113"]
STALLWORTH averaged 12.4 ppg last year and 7.8 rebounds.... thats role player type stuff... but im sure there were other big stars for them last year.. i hope he improved for u to be saying that hes the best in setx
[/quote]

Stallworth was voted the 21-3A MVP by the coaches last year. He is also the top college prospect in this area according to the recruiting services and their rankings.

According to several coaches and other media, plus just your regular fan, most will say that DC is the best player in the area this year. I personally have seen over 40 different teams from SETX play this season, I have yet to see a better player than DC.

You are clueless.

[quote name="east texas bb" post="946109" timestamp="1294769504"]
True, you can hone in on some skills but the part that makes a PG really good, I think it is something you are born with. I May be wrong.  One of my favorite authors believes that it isnt innate, but that you can build a PG through situational drills doing them over and over.  I agree with him to a point, you can make a PG better, but there is something about the great ones you cant really describe you only notice it when you see it. JMO
[/quote]Very good points.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="946133" timestamp="1294771848"]
[quote author=ABSENT! link=topic=78057.msg946130#msg946130 date=1294771590]
Actually, at this time there is no great PG playing in that positionin SETX. There are kids that a pretty good, but they are all average. PERIOD!
[/quote]

But the topic does not ask who is great at playing the point or who is really good at the point guard position in SETX. It simply asks who is the best of all the point guards playing this season, good, bad or average.

PERIOD!!
[/quote]

Exactly and they are all avaerage!!! You cant pick the sweetest apple off the same tree!!!  These guys are all on the avaerage tree, they are all the best in SETX!

[quote name="grinch12" post="946142" timestamp="1294772113"]
STALLWORTH averaged 12.4 ppg last year and 7.8 rebounds.... thats role player type stuff... but im sure there were other big stars for them last year.. i hope he improved for u to be saying that hes the best in setx
[/quote]When you have a team of talented athletes, you don't need to avg.20 plus points to win. A good point will still get his points from defensive steals, free throws, open looks, moving without ball, etc. Plus, one of the most important factors premier point guards don't get enough credit for is this: They make their teammates including the weaker ones look good.

FYI, the official numbers for DC Stallworth last season:

Point avg.    13.9
Rebound avg.  10.2
assists avg.    5.7
blocks avg.    2.0

This season

points    22.1
rebounds 12.6
assists    3.3
blocks      3.9

Also, he is '6"4.

Please provide the link to the recruiting class that you are speaking of? No one has stated that he is a top 25 national or even state. The claim is best in this area, Southeast Texas.

Grinch you better get your DR up there in Rusk to take you off somwe of those happy pills. They are making you dillusional. First off DC is a returning all-state player. His numbers last year earned him that honor. He didn't need to score a ton or rebound a ton with two 6'6 players under the basket. Second, to think Burkeville could give the Tigers a run for their money is assinine. We beat you by 40 or 50 with DC cracking jokes on the bench. If he played you wouldn't have made as many easy inside shots as I am sure you did or rebounds for that matter!!

[quote name="grinch12" post="946198" timestamp="1294774602"]
im looking at the actual recruiting class right now and hes not even top 25.. sooo idk maybe your fan instinct is kickin in a lil too much... 6'2 170 lbs and im sure hes really good....but i am not clueless... i played the game... i know the game... very well in fact,.. this is an opinionated forum.. i can say what i feel becuase i can.. and stallworths stats arent that impressive.. they may be better this year but idk how he was 3a whatever with those,... [b]maybe no talent in 3a... [/b] im not saying your wriong but ur def not right... thats not much size for a TOP RECRUIT.
[/quote]

Maybe no talent in 3A??

What's that say about 1A and your Burkeville team that got smashed by 50 points by a no talent 3A team?

If 3A has no talent and a no talent 3A team beats your Burkeville team by 50, then why didn't this all-world PG you speak so highly of for Burkeville score 50 on Silsbee and win the game?

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="946228" timestamp="1294778446"]
[quote author=grinch12 link=topic=78057.msg946198#msg946198 date=1294774602]
im looking at the actual recruiting class right now and hes not even top 25.. sooo idk maybe your fan instinct is kickin in a lil too much... 6'2 170 lbs and im sure hes really good....but i am not clueless... i played the game... i know the game... very well in fact,.. this is an opinionated forum.. i can say what i feel becuase i can.. and stallworths stats arent that impressive.. they may be better this year but idk how he was 3a whatever with those,... [b]maybe no talent in 3a... [/b] im not saying your wriong but ur def not right... thats not much size for a TOP RECRUIT.
[/quote]

Maybe no talent in 3A??

What's that say about 1A and your Burkeville team that got smashed by 50 points by a no talent 3A team?

If 3A has no talent and a no talent 3A team beats your Burkeville team by 50, then why didn't this all-world PG you speak so highly of for Burkeville score 50 on Silsbee and win the game?
[/quote]

AAW, aint this about a PG! (in my best Dave Chappell voice)

[quote name="grinch12" post="946198" timestamp="1294774602"]
im looking at the actual recruiting class right now and hes not even top 25.. sooo idk maybe your fan instinct is kickin in a lil too much... 6'2 170 lbs and im sure hes really good....but i am not clueless... i played the game... i know the game... very well in fact,.. this is an opinionated forum.. i can say what i feel becuase i can.. and stallworths stats arent that impressive.. they may be better this year but idk how he was 3a whatever with those,... maybe no talent in 3a... im not saying your wriong but ur def not right... thats not much size for a TOP RECRUIT.
[/quote]

Sorry but points scored are not the best barometer for guaging the value of a player.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2011

the espn 100 in the nation... we were talking about two different things lol... i apologize for any disrespect to silsbee.. i am not trying to take away their signficant accomplishments.. they are a great group of talent and have class... i am sorry about the passing of your father and reading that thread about them coming to the funeral was great and inspirational.. but dont take bkv's rise and accomplishments away either.. jeremy robertson had the 25 last year and they made the playoffs for the first time in 4 years, and they retained everybody... silsbee won by 40 we get that... but burkeville could surprise you.. it was 29-20 when they lost 2 starters for almost 1 quarter and a half... they are good, and ive seen the 3a schools silsbee has smothered and blown out just as bad and worse... they have talent and im glad that bkv is making bkv a name again... GO STANGS!!!!

"to argue with a fool is to be a fool" all of u are arguing over the dumbest stuff ever. Silsbee is powerhouse best team in SETX no doubt. Burkeville is a good 1A. Silsbee beats any 1A team by at least 20+ and beats a majority of 1A teams by 40+. bkv hung in there for a lil, but at the 3A level they all have a great bench ESPECIALLY the tigers! Now all of u stop ur doing nothing but making u know what's of urselfs. Grinch12- quit being unreal yes bkv has gotten a name for themselves after being disrespected but they are good at the 1A/2A level! En of discussion. Aggie-u know ur right, ur rubbing this in a foolish persons face for no reason. Read the first sentence of this post. U are ALL fools!! Now please end this nonsense. Geez.  :-[

[quote name="grinch12" post="946243" timestamp="1294780230"]
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/rankings/_/class/2011

the espn 100 in the nation... we were talking about two different things lol... i apologize for any disrespect to silsbee.. i am not trying to take away their signficant accomplishments.. they are a great group of talent and have class... i am sorry about the passing of your father and reading that thread about them coming to the funeral was great and inspirational.. but dont take bkv's rise and accomplishments away either.. jeremy robertson had the 25 last year and they made the playoffs for the first time in 4 years, and they retained everybody... silsbee won by 40 we get that... but burkeville could surprise you.. it was 29-20 when they lost 2 starters for almost 1 quarter and a half... they are good, and ive seen the 3a schools silsbee has smothered and blown out just as bad and worse... they have talent and im glad that bkv is making bkv a name again... GO STANGS!!!!
[/quote]

I am not trying to discredit what Burkeville really is, a good 1A team. What I have a problem with is some of the Burkeville fans, including you, trying to make them to be something that they are not. Suggesting that they can play with Silsbee after getting beat by them by 50 points with Silsbee minus their best player, is ludicrous. Then, state that the PG for the Mustangs abused Silsbee, direct quote, "Silsbee could not even handle" and the player only scores 11 points, is just plain ridiculous. If he is actually averaging 18 points a game, looks as though Silsbee handled him along with every other Mustang player quite well.

Burkeville is a good 1A team, nothing more, nothing less.

Aggie are u going to broadcast the Burkeville Spurger game in a few weeks? And it's only like 2-3 stupid bkv fans. All the others are quite mad with the dumb remarks Grinch12 put on here and such. If u do broadcast that game I "The Spy" will shake your hand. And u will be shocked of who I am ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder