Longest Playoff Droughts?

Guest Wildcat 08

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey WOS87' date='

How about Silsbee? Fielded first varsity team, number of playoff appearance,etc??[/quote']

I have posted almost all of the playoff histories for local teams at this page:

This is the hidden content, please

Click on the name of the school and scroll down past the regular season game history and it'll show your their complete game-by-game playoff history as a table by itself...

...including Silsbee's which is as follows:

silsbee.gif

...and PNG's

png1.gif

png2.gif

what site are those from

On this site' date=' just in a different forum... the link below will take you to the main playoff page:

This is the hidden content, please

Dayton's got a 10 consecutive year streak of it's own.. it will very likely be 11 this year if they haven't clinched a spot already...

dayton.gif

• 2 months later...

Remember: Only the district champ made the playoffs for a long time. Then only two made it until around 95 or later.  Now 3 or 4 get in every year in every classification.  Not saying it is bad, just a whole lot easier.  How many 9 -1 teams never made the playoffs in the old days.  Today some 2 - 8 or 3 - 7 teams make it.

I think they were just starting to use facemasks the last time Baytown Sterling made it.  Actually, I would guess it was 1985.  Seems like forever ago, considering we(Baytown schools) have been in 6 team districts a lot of those years, with 3 teams advancing to the playoffs.  You would think they would stumble into one at some point.  That has to be one of the longest streaks in 5A.  Sterling was actually a football powerhouse in the 70's and early 80's.  How the mighty have fallen.

Lee hadn't made the playoffs much lately either until Olin got here.  1979 they almost made it to state, losing to SB Memorial.  They made the playoffs in 1983, 1986 and 1988 I believe.  Then they finally started back up in 1994 and have made it about 10 times since then.

I think Sterling also tied West Brook the year that WB went on to win state.  My dad was at the game.  I was only about 7 at the time, so I didn't make that one.  I know he said that something weird happened.  Sterling was up 7-0 late I believe and tried to kick a field goal to put the game away and got it blocked and returned for a td.  At least I think that was the story.  Maybe a WB fan will know better what happened. 

• 3 months later...
Guest LCM Volleyball

They've been a few times.  I think the last time they went was about 5 years ago.  Actually, the longest Orange County drought is in north Orange.  The bears haven't been since 97.

We're going in 07!!!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder