Derrick Hall is not coming to Lamar

Guest mffl

He has a lot of issues with his grades, I think Abilene Christian is his next preferred destination.

It is a shame that he can't get in but the team is excited about DPG.

I honestly thought that coming home for him would mean 1 of 2 things. He could realize that he messed up earlier in life and this is a chance to come home and grow up, or it would mean he'd get back into his old habits. Look like the latter happened, which is a shame because he could have been a beast at this level. At least ACU is a pretty decent squad.

From the In The Cards blog:

[quote]Hall has more academic issues to straighten out before joining the Lamar football team. He left his last school  – Tulsa – in mid-semester and did not complete his courses.

Jeremy Johnson, another transfer, smartly stayed in school and completed courses at West Virginia even after leaving the school’s football team in midseason. Doing so allowed him to keep his eligibility.

Hall did not. Because of that, Hall just might have let this chance at playing college football slip through his fingers. And if he does eventually play at Lamar, it will be later rather than sooner. If ever.[/quote]

http://blog.beaumontenterprise.com/inthecards/2010/12/19/did-derrick-hall-miss-his-chance-to-play-for-lamar/

[quote name="AJ25" post="936590" timestamp="1292868376"]
I've talked to D quite a few times and he stays by the fact that he's coming to LU, and he is very excited. I still expect everything to be worked out.
[/quote]

This isn't Central, he can't just say he wants to play and the teachers make it work. He's got to be eligible, and ineligibility is the story of this kids life.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="936591" timestamp="1292868563"]
[quote author=AJ25 link=topic=77798.msg936590#msg936590 date=1292868376]
I've talked to D quite a few times and he stays by the fact that he's coming to LU, and he is very excited. I still expect everything to be worked out.
[/quote]

This isn't Central, he can't just say he wants to play and the teachers make it work. He's got to be eligible, and ineligibility is the story of this kids life.
[/quote]

Just passing along info.

[quote name="JJWooten" post="936591" timestamp="1292868563"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well one thing that is on his side is woodard. Obviously he could care less about academics or character.

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="936848" timestamp="1292900098"]
[quote author=JJWooten link=topic=77798.msg936591#msg936591 date=1292868563]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Well one thing that is on his side is woodard. Obviously he could care less about academics or character.
[/quote]You know, you say some of the darnest stuff, guy!

[quote name="mffl" post="936523" timestamp="1292854993"]
I don't think it is a done deal, but I will be surprised if he ever gets in to Lamar.
[/quote]

Maybe he can get in school as a transfer student which is easier than the admission requirements for freshman and he can get eligible by the fall. He'd have this spring and two summer sessions to get his grades in order.

Maybe Coach Woodard can hold a scholarship out for him.

I know it doesn't look good but I still hope he can make it into Lamar and play for the Cardinals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Ryzxed
    Newest Member
    Ryzxed