**Hardin-Jefferson at East Chambers BROADCAST**/HJ WINS 51-44!!!

Lazeek

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="east texas bb" post="933288" timestamp="1292381652"]
Good win for HJ on the road.  And for EC giving them a good game.  Is EC not ranked?  I thought for sure they would be top25.
[/quote]

HJ barely beat a team they beat by 30  just a few days ago.  Very, very, very subpar performance.

[quote name="stevenash" post="933299" timestamp="1292382438"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=77455.msg933288#msg933288 date=1292381652]
Good win for HJ on the road.  And for EC giving them a good game.  Is EC not ranked?  I thought for sure they would be top25.
[/quote]

HJ barely beat a team they beat by 30  just a few days ago.   Very, very, very subpar performance.
[/quote]

Maybe EC was subpar a few days ago!! ;D

Easily one of the worst games I have ever seen on both sides of the ball.  Think both teams struggled tonight due to the 6 games in 3 days tourney at HJ this past weekend.  Never seen so many TO's, missed easy shots, traveling violations, bad passes, missed FT's by both teams!!!!  HJ needs to get out of the funk they are in.  I have seen HJ play as a team good enough to play with the best in SE Texas and a play as a team bad enough to lose to the worst in SE Texas.  Very difficult to hide my frustrations during the broadcast at times!!! ;D ;D ;D

I would also say that the 3 refs tonight were collectively as bad as any three I have ever seen.  Foul count was dead even for the night and it was pretty pathetic going both ways.  Not saying that the Hawks or the Bucs had an advantage.

But all bad things can turn good quickly................Al-T's was great after the game!!!! ;D ;D ;D

[quote name="PoppaBearstarr" post="933386" timestamp="1292387902"]
Thanks for the birthday supper zeek......I had a great day today and got to eat supper with one of my best buds....It was very frustrating tonight.....but they will get it together I'm sure both teams were tired still.
[/quote]

Anytime!!!!  Next time it is on you......I am thinking Saltgrass!!!! :D :D :D

[quote name="Wildcatter" post="933466" timestamp="1292420033"]
I think that the officiating overall this year has been one of the worst that I have seen in a number of years.  I hate to see games continually being affected by the officials, just sucks for the kids and both teams.
[/quote] I have watched 20+ games this year and over all the officiating has been pretty good. I have only seen 3 games that were call bad, and in those games there was only one guy out of the three that was bad. The only bad thing about that is that two of the bad games were call bad by the same guy. I just wish that there was someone in charge of the officals that you could send film too were bad call were made. Maybe if the guys could look at the calls they got wrong he would make the right call the next time. And I know that there is no way that anyone will get the call right evertime, but right now the games are just warmups for dist. so just hope that the officals are getting better ,like the teams.

[quote name="stevenash" post="933299" timestamp="1292382438"]
[quote author=east texas bb link=topic=77455.msg933288#msg933288 date=1292381652]
[/quote]

HJ barely beat a team they beat by 30  just a few days ago.   Very, very, very subpar performance.
[/quote]Man, yall too spoiled with winning and expect greatness all the time. 8)

[quote name="True Blue" post="933520" timestamp="1292424929"]
[quote author=Wildcatter link=topic=77455.msg933466#msg933466 date=1292420033]
I think that the officiating overall this year has been one of the worst that I have seen in a number of years.  I hate to see games continually being affected by the officials, just sucks for the kids and both teams.
[/quote] I have watched 20+ games this year and over all the officiating has been pretty good. I have only seen 3 games that were call bad, and in those games there was only one guy out of the three that was bad. The only bad thing about that is that two of the bad games were call bad by the same guy. I just wish that there was someone in charge of the officals that you could send film too were bad call were made. Maybe if the guys could look at the calls they got wrong he would make the right call the next time. And I know that there is no way that anyone will get the call right evertime, but right now the games are just warmups for dist. so just hope that the officals are getting better ,like the teams.
[/quote]Even the best refs make mistakes and just like teams and coaches they have some bad games. Believe me they look at game films and the ones that care are always trying to do better. If someone has never been out on the court and called theirself they really dont have a clue how hard it can be.

i keep seeing the talk about the refs.  what does the ref have to do with a bad pass?  a turn over, missing free throws, missing open shots.?....they can call all the fouls in the world, good or bad, but still don't have anything to do with the the above mentioned issues.

[quote name="86hawk" post="933570" timestamp="1292430085"]
i keep seeing the talk about the refs.  what does the ref have to do with a bad pass?  a turn over, missing free throws, missing open shots.?....they can call all the fouls in the world, good or bad, but still don't have anything to do with the the above mentioned issues.
[/quote]yep

[quote name="86hawk" post="933570" timestamp="1292430085"]
[/quote]Really?  A couple of bad offensive calls can take a player out of the game.

Take Kountze and HJ in the HJ tournament final last year (2009).  Brey got his 4th foul early in the 3rd and Kountze wasn't the same after that.  I'm not saying any of the calls on Brey were bad, but you can see how a couple of calls can potentially cost a team the game.

[quote name="FanintheStands" post="933633" timestamp="1292434819"]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=77455.msg933570#msg933570 date=1292430085]
[/quote]Really?  A couple of bad offensive calls can take a player out of the game.

Take Kountze and HJ in the HJ tournament final last year (2009).  Brey got his 4th foul early in the 3rd and Kountze wasn't the same after that.  I'm not saying any of the calls on Brey were bad, but you can see how a couple of calls can potentially cost a team the game.
[/quote]

I will defend 86hawk.............Having foul trouble does not cause you to make a bad pass, miss FT's, miss open shots, etc.  What it may cause is for you to place less aggressive on offense and defense, but not cause missing shots and TO's!!!!!!

I dont think people expect officials to have any effect on bad passes or any of the other stuff mentioned.  Officials should call the game by the rule book.  Mostly protecting the offense. And the defense when their is a player out of control.  TO protect the fundamentals of the game.  Protect the shooter, the dribbler. For basketball players to play a good sound fundamental undercontrolled game an official must protect these players.  If not it will become something the coach, players, fans do not want to participate in.  

[quote name="LAZEEK" post="933646" timestamp="1292435736"]
[quote author=FanintheStands link=topic=77455.msg933633#msg933633 date=1292434819]
[quote author=86hawk link=topic=77455.msg933570#msg933570 date=1292430085]

[/quote]

I will defend 86hawk.............Having foul trouble does not cause you to make a bad pass, miss FT's, miss open shots, etc.  What it may cause is for you to place less aggressive on offense and defense, but not cause missing shots and TO's!!!!!!
[/quote]That may be the whole purpose. To play less aggressive and more in control w/o hurting someone.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami