Calallen vs. La Marque Game Thread/LaMarque Wins/Head To State

WOSgrad

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="930689" timestamp="1292040471"]
[color=navy][b]La Marque 42 (4th)
Calallen 18[/b][/color]

[color=navy][b]LM better knock off the the unsportsmanlike (4) crap. There is absolutely NO reason for TW to turn around 8 yards short of the goal and run it in backwards Fricking lack of discipline is total BS!! [/b][/color]
[/quote]
WOW. They don't even do that in the pros!

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="930689" timestamp="1292040471"]
[color=navy][b]La Marque 42 (4th)
Calallen 18[/b][/color]

[color=navy][b]LM better knock off the the unsportsmanlike (4) crap. There is absolutely NO reason for TW to turn around 8 yards short of the goal and run it in backwards Fricking lack of discipline is total BS!! [/b][/color]
[/quote]
Thats the kind of things that get ya in the tight games ;)

[color=navy][b]I'm absolutely stoked we won but I have said it over and over again that the lack of discipline is gonna catch up with us sooner or later...do that crap next week and ALEDO will make us pay! Granted there was a ton of jaw jacking going back and forth by both sides perhaps due partially to our past dominance over them but some of the late hits by us were just stupid! After TW pulled that stunt heading into the end zone I would have yanked his butt out for the remainder of the game. Especially with the game out of reach as much as it was. Oh well...I'm just a fan and not the Coach. I'm quite sure I'm gonna get an earful from the Calallen fans on the 4aaaa BB![/b][/color]

As the group Talking Heads once sang, "Same as it ever was....."

Like I stated in another thread when the bulk of you were poo-pooing LM's chances of beating Dayton, the Coogs based on their tradition, had a better chance of winning their 6th ring before Dayton wins their first.....

[quote name="SFA85" post="930950" timestamp="1292086786"]
As the group Talking Heads once sang, "Same as it ever was....."

Like I stated in another thread when the bulk of you were poo-pooing LM's chances of beating Dayton, the Coogs based on their tradition, had a better chance of winning their 6th ring before Dayton wins their first.....
[/quote] I would think there is enough Dayton fans pulling for LM so not to worry about poo-pooing !

[quote name="football04" post="930922" timestamp="1292083481"]
The sportsmanship issues is why I call La Marque the Miami Hurricanes of high school football, they will beat you and they will have alot of fun doing it, almost to much !!!   From a Nederland fan, all the way La Marque
[/quote]

It is true that La Marque relies heavily on their speed and talent because they had some discipline problems. Not so much personal conduct as much as silly penalties like offsides (over and over), false start, and excessive celebration.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/6107854/6_for_6.html?cat=14

Had they lost or had the game been closer, I would have mentioned it in my lead. I don't know much about Aledo but if they are disciplined and can match up with La Marque's athleticism to a degree than some of the Coogs issues that became footnotes today may scream off the page next week. It should be excited next week in Arlington.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    praise086
    Newest Member
    praise086