LCM Open enrollment

pngfan1

[quote name="ndnnike16" post="923562" timestamp="1291226361"]
They are already doing it all over the state Brownwood, Manvel etc were playing by  two different sets of rules and is not right . maybe i dont understand it completely, but it sounds like legalized recruitment to me, can somebody who knows explain 
[/quote]

Uh oh, dont say anything about the "almighty" Brownwood. i see a hornets nest starting up.

[quote name="pngfan1" post="923552" timestamp="1291225868"]
I saw where LCM is going to open the school district up for open enrollment for students who no not reside in the school district( for a tuition fee). How will the UIL see this for these students athletic eligibility?
[/quote]

Easy, you can go to school where ever you want, you just can't play sports there.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="923570" timestamp="1291226686"]
[quote author=pngfan1 link=topic=76919.msg923552#msg923552 date=1291225868]
I saw where LCM is going to open the school district up for open enrollment for students who no not reside in the school district( for a tuition fee). How will the UIL see this for these students athletic eligibility?
[/quote]

Easy, you can go to school where ever you want, you just can't play sports there.
[/quote]

Hey Grad...Is the Coldspring/Athens game going to be broadcast on any radio station you know of...

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="923572" timestamp="1291226936"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=76919.msg923570#msg923570 date=1291226686]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Hey Grad...Is the Coldspring/Athens game going to be broadcast on any radio station you know of...
[/quote]

I am sure that it will be on the Eagle 92.3.  We might be simulcasting their broadcast here, but at the very least you'll be able to get it on their website, http://www.923theeagle.com/.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="923573" timestamp="1291227085"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=76919.msg923572#msg923572 date=1291226936]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=76919.msg923570#msg923570 date=1291226686]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I am sure that it will be on the Eagle 92.3.  We might be simulcasting their broadcast here, but at the very least you'll be able to get it on their website, http://www.923theeagle.com/.
[/quote]

;)

If you can't engage in any extraciricular activities (UIL) then there will be no recruiting. Kinda useless if you think about it.

What kid wants to go to another school (maybe better academically) and pay for it, but not be involved in any UIL events?? don't think just sports here folks.

[quote name="ndnnike16" post="923562" timestamp="1291226361"]
They are already doing it all over the state [b]Brownwood[/b], Manvel etc were playing by  two different sets of rules and is not right . maybe i dont understand it completely, but it sounds like legalized recruitment to me, can somebody who knows explain 
[/quote]i dont think there is any 3A school here in West Texas with an open enrollment. maybe stevie-ray can speak on this.

You can participate in UIL.  As a matter of fact, that is part one of the stipulations on the transfer.  You must participate in UIL extracuricular activities.  You have to live in the district for 1 year to participate in varsity activity of any kind.  It is selective open enrollment.  Orangefield was throwing it around but voted it down.

BISD has open enrollment within the district if I am not mistaken. It has to do with the two "Magnet" schools correct?

If a player transfers to LCM and is found not to have paid the $1700 annual fee and still lives outside the LCM district, then I would call for LCM's head! Serious multiple year penalties in whatever sport it is. This has to be governed tightly.

[quote name="badndn" post="924090" timestamp="1291299968"]
BISD has open enrollment within the district if I am not mistaken. It has to do with the two "Magnet" schools correct?

If a player transfers to LCM and is found not to have paid the $1700 annual fee and still lives outside the LCM district, then I would call for LCM's head! Serious multiple year penalties in whatever sport it is. This has to be governed tightly.
[/quote]

Exactly, this is going to open a pandora's box.  I think Vidor has already approved this but I don't remember a big fuss about it when it happened.  I think that people are concerned here with an influx of WOS players coming to LCM (some already have) where no one really thinks that many kids if any will move to Vidor to play football.  Once again, no one is concerned about the academic issues here, just the "Friday Night Lights".  What will be done next to bastardize our education system for the sake of a championship team?

[quote name="NorthoftheBorder" post="924131" timestamp="1291302858"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76919.msg924090#msg924090 date=1291299968]

[/quote]

Exactly, this is going to open a pandora's box.  I think Vidor has already approved this but I don't remember a big fuss about it when it happened.  I think that people are concerned here with an influx of WOS players coming to LCM (some already have) where no one really thinks that many kids if any will move to Vidor to play football.  Once again, no one is concerned about the academic issues here, just the "Friday Night Lights".  What will be done next to bastardize our education system for the sake of a championship team?
[/quote]
But why would any WOS football player want to go to LCM?

Guest shake and bake
My kid transfered to LCM from Ofield her freshman year and had to play JVSB that year. My wife works at LCM but it still did not matter. No big deal if they are young. 

[quote name="ST11" post="924145" timestamp="1291303707"]
[quote author=NorthoftheBorder link=topic=76919.msg924131#msg924131 date=1291302858]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76919.msg924090#msg924090 date=1291299968]

[/quote]

[/quote]
But why would any WOS football player want to go to LCM?
[/quote]
Some of the Back ups in WOS would be starters in LCM, playing time is always a big factor.

The open enrollment agenda is not about sports or any other UIL competition. The issue is money and the competition for state funding. That is where districts are now. The current state funding system is so poor that many districts have to change their policies to compete for enrollment.

LCM and others will police themselves correctly to prevent any repercussion.

Eventually lcm and wos are going to combine...i see it happening within the next 10 years.
I dont know what wos's numbers are but i know lcms are pretty low so they still might stay at 4a.
Man can you imagine that team...west orange competes and beats most 4a schools they play and combine that with lcm.
But it would hurt acadimacally. People are already taking the white flight to lumberton, bridge city, orangefield etc.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder