*State Rankings 11/29*

KFDM COOP

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="922650" timestamp="1291126986"]
Not exactly sure on how BH went to #16 to #23 when they have only lost to Eisenhower and Atascocita(both 5A teams and Ata. is ranked #14) and them beating La Marque(ranked #9 in beginning of season)???? just leaves me wondering about this site. Once again i think it is parents of kids on teams.
[/quote]

These rankings are from The Texas Association of Basketball Coaches not SETXsports.

[quote name="skyhcky" post="922705" timestamp="1291132219"]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=76823.msg922650#msg922650 date=1291126986]
Not exactly sure on how BH went to #16 to #23 when they have only lost to Eisenhower and Atascocita(both 5A teams and Ata. is ranked #14) and them beating La Marque(ranked #9 in beginning of season)???? just leaves me wondering about this site. Once again i think it is parents of kids on teams.
[/quote]

These rankings are from The Texas Association of Basketball Coaches not SETXsports.
[/quote]
So these are a group of coaches that know the most about every team or coaches that know the most about some teams. This website sent out bad Volleyball Ranks and now this is the second time they sent out bad ranks. Not impressed.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="922650" timestamp="1291126986"]
[/quote]

Early in the season, these polls are a joke.  BH is 4-2 and has only played one 4a team this season (defeating #9 at the time La Marque), losses to now #2 in 5A Atascocita and to a decent 5A Houston Memorial.  Won the three other games against against 5A opponents (two by large margins).

Nothing against Central, but they had trouble with Westbrook (BH didnt) and Ozen, who can only manage to report TWO scores come in at  #'s 9 and 20.  And New Caney at 17, give me a break. 

I think its best to not even look at the state polls until end of December (except for comic relief).  And maybe Ozen can figure out how to report a score by then.  If you can't get your scores into MaxPreps, you shouldnt even be ranked.  {end of rant}  ;D

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="922707" timestamp="1291132357"]
[quote author=skyhcky link=topic=76823.msg922705#msg922705 date=1291132219]
[quote author=WhatHappened? link=topic=76823.msg922650#msg922650 date=1291126986]
[/quote]

[/quote]
So these are a group of coaches that know the most about every team or coaches that know the most about some teams. This website sent out bad Volleyball Ranks and now this is the second time they sent out bad ranks. Not impressed.
[/quote]

TABC doesn't do volleyball rankings.

[quote name="HillGuy" post="922737" timestamp="1291135033"]
[/quote]

Early in the season, these polls are a joke.  BH is 4-2 and has only played one 4a team this season (defeating #9 at the time La Marque), losses to now #2 in 5A Atascocita and to a decent 5A Houston Memorial.  Won the three other games against against 5A opponents (two by large margins).

Nothing against Central, but they had trouble with Westbrook (BH didnt) and Ozen, who can only manage to report TWO scores come in at  #'s 9 and 20.  And New Caney at 17, give me a break. 

I think its best to not even look at the state polls until end of December (except for comic relief).  And maybe Ozen can figure out how to report a score by then.  If you can't get your scores into MaxPreps, you shouldnt even be ranked.   {end of rant}   ;D
[/quote]
Hey hillguy, for you to start a snetence with nothing against Central, and then say we stuggled with WB, and BH didn't makes no sense to me. As you should know that this is somewhat of a rivalry, and being a good team, as we are, we have a mark on our back. It should also be stated that listing info related to common opponents is a crock, and we all have bad days sometimes. So with that said good luck to the BH this year, and I hope that we can meet in the playoffs, to really see who should be ranked higher.

P.S. I know it's still early and we have not played our (Central Lady Jags) first tourney yet but I think we look pretty good at this point.
Also thanks for the post, maybe it can generate more excitement/ trash talk in this forum.

[quote name="knows2much" post="922893" timestamp="1291147508"]
[quote author=1880 link=topic=76823.msg922769#msg922769 date=1291137257]
1A stuff is wrong, because Evadale is ranked in Division I and High Island is ranked in Division 2.  Check it out on TABC website
[/quote]

Not anymore.  Both fell off of the top 25.
[/quote]

Saw that, don't see how Evadale did with the way that they are playing.  High Island is still looking to find themselves right now.  But it's the number at the end that counts not the one right now.

[quote name="jr1979" post="923296" timestamp="1291186762"]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=76823.msg922737#msg922737 date=1291135033]
[/quote]

I think its best to not even look at the state polls until end of December (except for comic relief).  And maybe Ozen can figure out how to report a score by then.  If you can't get your scores into MaxPreps, you shouldnt even be ranked.   {end of rant}   ;D
[/quote]
Hey hillguy, for you to start a snetence with nothing against Central, and then say we stuggled with WB, and BH didn't makes no sense to me. As you should know that this is somewhat of a rivalry, and being a good team, as we are, we have a mark on our back. It should also be stated that listing info related to common opponents is a crock, and we all have bad days sometimes. So with that said good luck to the BH this year, and I hope that we can meet in the playoffs, to really see who should be ranked higher.

P.S. I know it's still early and we have not played our (Central Lady Jags) first tourney yet but I think we look pretty good at this point.
Also thanks for the post, maybe it can generate more excitement/ trash talk in this forum.

[/quote]

jr...I really don't have anything against Central, they are clearly good and wish we could play during he reg season, which we never seem to do!  Just trying show how goofy the rankings are early.  Not questioning Centrals rank...but am questioning BH's.  Comparing against common opponents is all we got, lol.  If we do meet, it will likely be in the Region 3 Finals on Feb 25!

[quote name="HillGuy" post="923376" timestamp="1291212968"]
[quote author=jr1979 link=topic=76823.msg923296#msg923296 date=1291186762]
[quote author=HillGuy link=topic=76823.msg922737#msg922737 date=1291135033]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

jr...I really don't have anything against Central, they are clearly good and wish we could play during he reg season, which we never seem to do!  Just trying show how goofy the rankings are early.  Not questioning Centrals rank...but am questioning BH's.  Comparing against common opponents is all we got, lol.   If we do meet, it will likely be in the Region 3 Finals on Feb 25!
[/quote]
I hear ya and agree. I hope we do get to meet this year, to see who will represent the region at state. Good luck to yall for the remainder of the season.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami