Kirbyville Broadcast and updates??? COLDSPRING WINS!!!!!!!!!

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="920082" timestamp="1290881222"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=76682.msg920073#msg920073 date=1290880840]
I have no dog in this fight (pun intended) but just because a team loses out doesn't make them overrated. Does this mean that the team that wins state is the only team that isn't overrated? Kirbyville is the real deal. Great players and well coached. Let's not denounce an entire team of young men just because of a few posters on a message board. Their hard work and effort has made them a force to deal with.

Great win Coldsprings.
[/quote] Baddog you said a mouth full. Its hard for me to root for CS to go on to the championship with [b]their fans getting on our site[/b] talking about we were "Overrated" and haven't played "noboby". This was CS first and ever win over the Wildcats other times its been a whooping in a old fashion way.
[/quote]

Your site?? Since when did this site become a Kirbyville only site? Coldspring is also a school we cover here at SETXsports so it is just as much "their" site as it is "yours". ;)

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="920147" timestamp="1290887068"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=76682.msg920082#msg920082 date=1290881222]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=76682.msg920073#msg920073 date=1290880840]
I have no dog in this fight (pun intended) but just because a team loses out doesn't make them overrated. Does this mean that the team that wins state is the only team that isn't overrated? Kirbyville is the real deal. Great players and well coached. Let's not denounce an entire team of young men just because of a few posters on a message board. Their hard work and effort has made them a force to deal with.

Great win Coldsprings.
[/quote] Baddog you said a mouth full. Its hard for me to root for CS to go on to the championship with [b]their fans getting on our site[/b] talking about we were "Overrated" and haven't played "noboby". This was CS first and ever win over the Wildcats other times its been a whooping in a old fashion way.
[/quote]

Your site?? Since when did this site become a Kirbyville only site? Coldspring is also a school we cover here at SETXsports so [b]it is just as much "their" site as it is "yours".[/b] ;)
[/quote]LOL    This^^^

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="920067" timestamp="1290880356"]
[quote author=Kvillecats link=topic=76682.msg920060#msg920060 date=1290879630]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=76682.msg919839#msg919839 date=1290842216]
All the trash talk about kirbyville beating Coldspring Trojans 45 to 14 & 35 to 21 saying it wouldnt be a match i told you with num #1(sherman Gilbert) on the field it would be at totally diff Game!!! I thnk you guys were highly over-rated team that haven't played nobody to stop you guy's running game sense the last time you played us all the hype about Ford you guys running back but he only had 65 yrds the whole game, but Gilbert on the other hand had 235!!! We should had beat you guys by way more not counting the last TD Gilbert scored that they called back in the two times we was on our goal line and couldn't score!!!  But please dont be sore losers come & watch us next week and wear your black & red with the Coldspring symbol!!! ha ha ha!!!
[/quote] You talk alot of crap man....lets see what yall do next week. Anyways enjoy your first ever win over the Wildcats. We will be back next season  ;)
[/quote] Yea u right i am just thursday you guys was on here doing the samething so i thought it would be only right to give you guys a taste of your on medicine,& yes lets see what we do next week one thing i do know for sure we will be playing!!!!!
[/quote]A true test of a winner is how he handles victory along with defeat ... First of all I will give props to the Coldsprings players and staff for playing their heart out executing a brilliant game plan against Kirbyville.. IMO this difference maker was not gilbert ... but cummings ... runs with heart and toughness ... No excuse will come from this poster ... We didnt make adjustments when we needed to on offense and it came back to hurt us (we were passing at will at the beginning .. why not say with that...) ...  I will say this though ... you talk about how this could have be a bigger victory ... I beg to differ...at least two no calls on pass interference on plays that could have possibly turned the tide ... a fumble in which the ground caused the fumble ... but these ARE JUST EXCUSES, WE HAVE NONE ... so TRY and be a little classier and and be gracious in your post .. I dont think you have it in ya though ... OH and by the way you wont find any post in which i came on here and crowed about a possible Kirbyville victory because I knew it would be a tough game ....by the way one of the personal foul penalties were a result of incidents in which Coldspings player punched a guy in the neck ... I think this type of thing could eventually come back to haunt them ... play hard, but play clean ... and before ya say anything this is not the first time I read about this type of thing from your team ....

[quote name="Lefty99" post="920077" timestamp="1290881040"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=76682.msg919839#msg919839 date=1290842216]
All the trash talk about kirbyville beating Coldspring Trojans 45 to 14 & 35 to 21 saying it wouldnt be a match i told you with num #1(sherman Gilbert) on the field it would be at totally diff Game!!! I thnk you guys were highly over-rated team that haven't played nobody to stop you guy's running game sense the last time you played us all the hype about Ford you guys running back but he only had 65 yrds the whole game, but Gilbert on the other hand had 235!!! We should had beat you guys by way more not counting the last TD Gilbert scored that they called back in the two times we was on our goal line and couldn't score!!!  But please dont be sore losers come & watch us next week and wear your black & red with the Coldspring symbol!!! ha ha ha!!!
[/quote] You talk alot of crap man....lets see what yall do next week. Anyways enjoy your first ever win over the Wildcats. We will be back next season  ;)
[/quote]

KvilleCats, [b]the best way to put a fire out is to remove the fuel[/b]. ;)  If they get beat we'll see if he shows up the next day as we have.
[/quote]

I feel like a proud Father.... ;D ;D

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="920165" timestamp="1290888032"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=76682.msg920067#msg920067 date=1290880356]
All the trash talk about kirbyville beating Coldspring Trojans 45 to 14 & 35 to 21 saying it wouldnt be a match i told you with num #1(sherman Gilbert) on the field it would be at totally diff Game!!! I thnk you guys were highly over-rated team that haven't played nobody to stop you guy's running game sense the last time you played us all the hype about Ford you guys running back but he only had 65 yrds the whole game, but Gilbert on the other hand had 235!!! We should had beat you guys by way more not counting the last TD Gilbert scored that they called back in the two times we was on our goal line and couldn't score!!!  But please dont be sore losers come & watch us next week and wear your black & red with the Coldspring symbol!!! ha ha ha!!!
[/quote] Yea u right i am just thursday you guys was on here doing the samething so i thought it would be only right to give you guys a taste of your on medicine,& yes lets see what we do next week one thing i do know for sure we will be playing!!!!!
[/quote]A true test of a winner is how he handles victory along with defeat ... First of all I will give props to the Coldsprings players and staff for playing their heart out executing a brilliant game plan against Kirbyville.. IMO this difference maker was not gilbert ... but cummings ... runs with heart and toughness ... No excuse will come from this poster ... We didnt make adjustments when we needed to on offense and it came back to hurt us (we were passing at will at the beginning .. why not say with that...) ...  I will say this though ... you talk about how this could have be a bigger victory ... I beg to differ...at least two no calls on pass interference on plays that could have possibly turned the tide ... a fumble in which the ground caused the fumble ... but these ARE JUST EXCUSES, WE HAVE NONE ... so TRY and be a little classier and and be gracious in your post .. I dont think you have it in ya though ... OH and by the way you wont find any post in which i came on here and crowed about a possible Kirbyville victory because I knew it would be a tough game ....by the way one of the personal foul penalties were a result of incidents in which Coldspings player punched a guy in the neck ... I think this type of thing could eventually come back to haunt them ... play hard, but play clean ... and before ya say anything this is not the first time I read about this type of thing from your team ....
[/quote]

their were dirty plays on both sides, probably most of them couldn't be seen from the stands, so don't go their buddy, ur starting to sound like huffman fans

[quote name="chs11" post="920179" timestamp="1290888766"]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=76682.msg920165#msg920165 date=1290888032]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=76682.msg920067#msg920067 date=1290880356]
[/quote]

their were dirty plays on both sides, probably most of them couldn't be seen from the stands, so don't go their buddy, ur starting to sound like huffman fans
[/quote] see proved my point ... didnt read the whole post did ya ... and by the way that play wasnt seen from the stands ... seen from the sidelines .. wasnt making excuses ... wasnt complaining ... you won ... keep this up and you'll get the same reputation as Kirbyville and WOS fans ... oh wait .. we at least try to be a little classy ... graciosness is certainly not your strong suit ...

[quote name="BigWildcat11" post="920187" timestamp="1290889350"]
[quote author=chs11 link=topic=76682.msg920179#msg920179 date=1290888766]
[quote author=BigWildcat11 link=topic=76682.msg920165#msg920165 date=1290888032]
[/quote]

[/quote] see proved my point ... didnt read the whole post did ya ... and by the way that play wasnt seen from the stands ... seen from the sidelines .. wasnt making excuses ... wasnt complaining ... you won ... keep this up and you'll get the same reputation as Kirbyville and WOS fans ... oh wait .. we at least try to be a little classy ... graciosness is certainly not your strong suit ...
[/quote]

It's hard to ge gracious winners when many fans of the opposing team talked SOOO much smack before the game, I can remember one saying he/she would be so happy when kville was going to win and shut my mouth, then u accuse of a dirty play, i don't think #33 was a perfect little angel either. Kville kats, it's almost guranteed that some kville fan will reply to this post, they can't take it that they lost, and must post something that will downplay the loss, cus coldspring couldn't possibly  be the better team.

First I'll just say that one or two fans on a sports forum doesn't speak for or represent an entire fan base...I've seen a few crazy things said on both sides...

As far as dirty plays and cheap shots go, they're part of the game...It happens...It's always went on and will continue to...It's a very violent and emotional game and it's not uncommon for a players emotions to get the best of them from time to time...It happens at all levels...Usually the player(s) that can harness those emotions the best (including not retaliating outside the normal scope of play) has the best chance of coming out on top and not getting potentially game changing penalties called against them...

I doubt either coaching staff condones dirty play, however, that doesn't mean that there isn't a player or two that isn't going to try doing something a little extra if they think no ones looking, can get away with it, or just lose their mind for a second...

Kirbyville fans I like your passion and your ability to come on here and give props when due...Hopefully, we can make your only loss look even better by going all the way...

Guest CSBandfan
I just found this site and I've read this whole thread ....

Let me first say; Congratulations Kirbyville!  You played an outstanding game and had a terrific season.  You were the only team that Coldspring really felt they would have a problem with. 

There were other teams Coldspring knew they were going to have to play harder but none of them were of the caliber Kirbyville presented.

The Trojans were having a very hard time shutting down the passing game the Cats were putting up and the Cats were having a very hard time shutting down the running game the Trojans were putting up.  Over all it was an outstanding game!  Either of these teams could've gone on to the next round and be proud to be there.

I appreciated the grace the Cats showed in losing and the grace the Trojans showed in winning.  Congratulations to BOTH teams.  The Cats will be a force to deal with next year, no doubt.

KC

[quote name="MEM" post="920219" timestamp="1290890683"]
First I'll just say that one or two fans on a sports forum doesn't speak for or represent an entire fan base...I've seen a few crazy things said on both sides...

As far as dirty plays and cheap shots go, they're part of the game...It happens...It's always went on and will continue to...It's a very violent and emotional game and it's not uncommon for a players emotions to get the best of them from time to time...It happens at all levels...Usually the player(s) that can harness those emotions the best (including not retaliating outside the normal scope of play) has the best chance of coming out on top and not getting potentially game changing penalties called against them...

I doubt either coaching staff condones dirty play, however, that doesn't mean that there isn't a player or two that isn't going to try doing something a little extra if they think no ones looking, can get away with it, or just lose their mind for a second...

Kirbyville fans I like your passion and your ability to come on here and give props when due...Hopefully, we can make your only loss look even better by going all the way...

[/quote]I was not meaning to take anything away from the win ... you won .. you will ... IMO .. go on to face Carthage or Brownwood for the championship ... I played the game in high school and college and was a lineman ... seen more than my share of dirty play .. probably particpated in more that a few myself while playing .. just want you guys to go all the way .. dont take these kind of chances or it eventually will come back to haunt you ... by the way to chs11 ... I didnt mention who was punched in the neck .. you stated the player .. kind of proves my point doesn't it

Guest CSBandfan
[quote=chs11]It's hard to ge gracious winners when many fans of the opposing team talked SOOO much smack before the game, I can remember one saying he/she would be so happy when kville was going to win and shut my mouth, then u accuse of a dirty play, i don't think #33 was a perfect little angel either. Kville kats, it's almost guranteed that some kville fan will reply to this post, they can't take it that they lost, and must post something that will downplay the loss, cus coldspring couldn't possibly  be the better team.[/quote]

Smack talk before the game is part of the game.  It's how you handle the win or loss that shows your character.

There were bad calls on both sides and some missed calls on both sides.  Again, this is part of the game and usually they even out by the end.  It's going to happen.

Kirbyville played a heck of a game and should be commended.  I look forward to the support from their fans as the Trojans move on!

KC

[quote name="TenaciousD" post="920335" timestamp="1290896507"]
[quote author=softball2k11 link=topic=76682.msg920307#msg920307 date=1290894934]
kirbyville has a 3 round curse in 3a. can't ever get passed the third round.
[/quote]

Yeah.  I think it's when our lack of depth really starts to hurt us.
[/quote]

yea, I think yall would be a really great team if yall had some depth, it looked like every different possession, yall had some offensive players playing defense, then some playing both ways the whole time, like #8, who I think is just a stud of football player. I guess it's just a chance you take some games, playing people both ways. I say this because coldspring definetly has some people that  could play both ways andthe team would probably be better for it, but we choose to have our players rested at the end of games, and I guess it also helps to have players only focusing on one part of the game, offense or defence.

I think Kvile has nothing to hang their heads over.  You guys are a small 3a school, (after the numbers came out it turns out you should still be 2a).  Its tough when you have to play both ways all game.  It wears you down.  I know the talent the widkats have.  Got to see it first hand.  Beat our 4a team handly and would have with several teams in our district.  Great group of kids.  Congrats on the season.  Would have loved to seen you guys go all the way.  See yall next year.  Way to go Wildkats

You IMO Gilbert wasn't the difference come on now you guys must don't know football he put up 235 rushing yards against the suppose to be number 2 are 3 ranked team!!!! Are you serious!!! He made Key plays & key runs and he sealed the game!! As for Coty Cummings he was a Bull out there Both of our backs had a field day on you guys "D"!!! & as far as foul play goes # 33 should have been ejected a long time ago we can tell you guys are not use to losing & dont like it which is understandable but he really needs to learn how to control his temper!!! We should have ranned sweep all night long you couldnt have stopped it!!! O yea one more thing,235 yards for Gilbert & thats not counting the one they called back so the final score should have been 35 to 20 plus two more points that they took away also, a quick recap if our secondary would have stepped up just like our Run Deffense did i dont think you guys woul have scored at all!! so im done with that topic(you guys are jokes no offense to k-ville players but this is towards the people thats on these blogs saying who wasnt the difference maker in the game!! ) lets talk about Athens!!!!

[quote name="Mr. Coldspring" post="921147" timestamp="1290926570"]
You IMO Gilbert wasn't the difference come on now you guys must don't know football he put up 235 rushing yards against the suppose to be number 2 are 3 ranked team!!!! Are you serious!!! He made Key plays & key runs and he sealed the game!! As for Coty Cummings he was a Bull out there Both of our backs had a field day on you guys "D"!!! & as far as foul play goes # 33 should have been ejected a long time ago we can tell you guys are not use to losing & dont like it which is understandable but he really needs to learn how to control his temper!!! We should have ranned sweep all night long you couldnt have stopped it!!! O yea one more thing,235 yards for Gilbert & thats not counting the one they called back so the final score should have been 35 to 20 plus two more points that they took away also, a quick recap if our secondary would have stepped up just like our Run Deffense did i dont think you guys woul have scored at all!! so im done with that topic(you guys are jokes no offense to k-ville players but this is towards the people thats on these blogs saying who wasnt the difference maker in the game!! ) lets talk about Athens!!!!
[/quote] I can tell u guys aren't use to winning. Yall come to Wildcat country next year......remember that.

[quote name="Kvillecats" post="921171" timestamp="1290928985"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=76682.msg921147#msg921147 date=1290926570]
[/quote] I can tell u guys aren't use to winning. Yall come to Wildcat country next year......remember that.
[/quote]O very much so we are use to winning look at our record that should show u!!!

[/quote]

No one is taking anything away from Coldspring and the win.  Chill out dude.  The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.  I think the only point they was trying to make is that Gilbert was not the ONLY deceiding factor.  He was one of the factors but there were other aspects that I believe deceided it more than just Gilbert.  Like the whole team just wanting it more and getting it done!!  As for calling #33 out like that! Have some respect for the young men that play this game.  I know the kid.  He is young and plays with alot of heart.  He is very competetive.  The mistakes he made was just him playing 112.  Yes I agree he needs to learn to control his play so he is not playing past the whistle but it was not done out of spite!  Just playing hard!!  
As for you saying the score should be more and playing the "what if" game talking about if your secondary would have stepped up is ridulous!!!!  There are two sides to a what if situation.  What if Kville didnt fumble the ball inside the 20 leading to two scores and finshed the drives.  What if the linebackers didnt bite on the strong side when your Gilbert made the late TD run from the backside??  Then the score would have been something like Kirbyville 34 and Coldspring 14.  Get the point??  Again! that point was not made to take anything away from Coldspring just making a point!

Take your win and move on.  I know that them guys and Coach Barbay wanted this win bad and put alot into it.  I hope you have plenty of gas left for Athens!  We will be pulling or ya!!  Good Luck!

[quote name="rykerx144" post="921186" timestamp="1290946547"]
[quote author=Mr. Coldspring link=topic=76682.msg921147#msg921147 date=1290926570]
[/quote]

No one is taking anything away from Coldspring and the win.  Chill out dude.  The only thing worse than a sore loser is a sore winner.  I think the only point they was trying to make is that Gilbert was not the ONLY deceiding factor.  He was one of the factors but there were other aspects that I believe deceided it more than just Gilbert.  Like the whole team just wanting it more and getting it done!!  As for calling #33 out like that! Have some respect for the young men that play this game.  I know the kid.  He is young and plays with alot of heart.  He is very competetive.  The mistakes he made was just him playing 112.  Yes I agree he needs to learn to control his play so he is not playing past the whistle but it was not done out of spite!  Just playing hard!!  
As for you saying the score should be more and playing the "what if" game talking about if your secondary would have stepped up is ridulous!!!!  There are two sides to a what if situation.  What if Kville didnt fumble the ball inside the 20 leading to two scores and finshed the drives.  What if the linebackers didnt bite on the strong side when your Gilbert made the late TD run from the backside??  Then the score would have been something like Kirbyville 34 and Coldspring 14.  Get the point??  Again! that point was not made to take anything away from Coldspring just making a point!

Take your win and move on.  I know that them guys and Coach Barbay wanted this win bad and put alot into it.  I hope you have plenty of gas left for Athens!  We will be pulling or ya!!  Good Luck!
[/quote]Thanx for the ;uck!!!!

[/quote]You know what .. dont take my advice ... play that way against Athens and YOU will be flagged and it will end up costing ya the game and you will be sitting at home just like Kirbyville is ... IF YOU can read all the post ...  you would see I was not taking anything away from Gilbert ... just giving props to Cummings ... dont be such a jackhole ... makes it hard to root for ya ... will though because I know Barbay and believe it or not I want you to win ....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder