PN-G vs. Willis Game Thread/PN-G Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="rollinac" post="915282" timestamp="1290316629"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76421.msg915273#msg915273 date=1290316256]
The band did get annoying, but thats cool.  I dont think they stopped playing all night long! Good game, Willis!  Now, Indians, time to focus on Manvel!

Scalp 'em, Indians, Scalp 'em!
[/quote]

Alright I do have to laugh at this a little bit.  NDN fans complaining about the other teams band playing annoying music during the entire game especially while the other team's offense has the ball....pot kettle  ;) ;)
[/quote]

:D ;D

[quote name="PNG Proud" post="915287" timestamp="1290316827"]
Actually rollinac,  I wish our band played more often when the other team has the ball.  We don't do it often enough.  Willis did it ALL NIGHT LONG...good for them.
[/quote]

I agree too.  We need to definitely play more when the other team has the ball. A good strategy. It was pretty cool how the Willis band sounded like a freight train coming down the tracks with the whistle blowing...

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="915293" timestamp="1290317028"]
[quote author=PNG Proud link=topic=76421.msg915287#msg915287 date=1290316827]
Actually rollinac,  I wish our band played more often when the other team has the ball.  We don't do it often enough.  Willis did it ALL NIGHT LONG...good for them.
[/quote]

I agree too.  We need to definitely play more when the other team has the ball. A good strategy. It was pretty cool how the Willis band sounded like a freight train coming down the tracks with the whistle blowing...
[/quote]

Yeah,  I kinda liked that too.  A LOT better than bringing a "train whistle" to the game.  So, annoying!

[quote name="NDNWarrior" post="915273" timestamp="1290316256"]
The band did get annoying, but thats cool.  I dont think they stopped playing all night long! Good game, Willis!  Now, Indians, time to focus on Manvel!

[/quote]

Yeah and our band sits on the damn hands all game!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:(

Yep, and all year I have wondered if PNG fans understand when you should cheer for your team.. Everyone wants to cheer when we are on offense and sit and be quiet on defense.  And the band plays that tomahawk chop song.. Dont really get it. Man you have got to scream at the top of you lungs when your team is on defense and do all that other crap on offense.  Although tonight.. it did seem a lot louder.  My brother is from nederland and says you would not believe how loud png fans are.  we just need to learn to cheer and play at the right times.  [quote name="PNGFan" post="915324" timestamp="1290318700"]
[quote author=NDNWarrior link=topic=76421.msg915273#msg915273 date=1290316256]

[/quote]

Yeah and our band sits on the dang hands all game!!!!!!

>:( >:( >:(
[/quote]

Funny how all those Willis cheapshots came back to bite 'em in the end. The personal foul on #56 for taking a swing at #55 for PNG after he was pancaked on that last drive.
How about when the Willis player had the blatant face mask take down of Jalali, wrenching his neck, then stood over him taunting him as he was hurt on the ground.

To the guy who stated that Willis had class, I call BS!!! That was the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time!

Now on to Manvel.

I agree held all night long cheap shots, face masks defensively they acted like undisciplined thugs.. Offensively like a different team. This is why they lost and we won... ;D[quote name="badndn" post="915339" timestamp="1290320280"]
Funny how all those Willis cheapshots came back to bite 'em in the end. The personal foul on #56 for taking a swing at #55 for PNG after he was pancaked on that last drive.
How about when the Willis player had the blatant face mask take down of Jalali, wrenching his neck, then stood over him taunting him as he was hurt on the ground.

To the guy who stated that Willis had class, I call BS!!! That was the dirtiest team I have seen in a long time!

Now on to Manvel.

[/quote]

[quote name="badndn" post="915339" timestamp="1290320280"]

Now on to Manvel.

[/quote]

you guys are hilarious. Both sides got chippy tonight. We were flagged more but your players weren't innocent. You had a defensive player kick our #65 after the play and the official missed it. Your coaches whine about every freakin call that goes against them.

We lost. We can handle it. But don't call us thugs. Be better winners than that. Your team was no model tonight.
Congratulations and good luck. Here's to a rematch next year.

Btw, I don't know if it was a catch or not. And none of you do either because you weren't on the field. It looked to our side as if the ball hit the ground. Our student that videos the games thinks he got it. If he sends it to me as I requested, I will post it either way.

[quote name="Enjun07" post="915353" timestamp="1290322291"]
I give props to number 4 jayce nelson...heck of of game going over a 100 yards receiving with a td...and 2 crucial 4th down conversions
[/quote]
He's been money all year long. And our OLine was blowing Willis off the ball as well.

[quote name="SouthPaugh" post="915355" timestamp="1290323244"]
you guys are hilarious. Both sides got chippy tonight. We were flagged more but your players weren't innocent. You had a defensive player kick our #65 after the play and the official missed it. Your coaches whine about every freakin call that goes against them.

We lost. We can handle it. But don't call us thugs. Be better winners than that. Your team was no model tonight.
[/quote]
Thug wasn't the word I used, but whatever works for you. It all started with the opening run through when your group of Fine Young Men ran to midfield and taunted our side. They got lucky they didn't start out with a 15 yard penalty. Officials had to go out and turn them around.

Good Luck next year!!! Kepp disrespecting your opponents and see where it gets ya!

[quote name="badndn" post="915361" timestamp="1290324670"]
[quote author=SouthPaugh link=topic=76421.msg915355#msg915355 date=1290323244]

[/quote]
Thug wasn't the word I used, but whatever works for you. It all started with the opening run through when your group of Fine Young Men ran to midfield and taunted our side. They got lucky they didn't start out with a 15 yard penalty. Officials had to go out and turn them around.

Good Luck next year!!! Kepp disrespecting your opponents and see where it gets ya!
[/quote]

I could say the same to your players. One Indian fan used the word thug. Sorry you took offense but our players just huddled at midfield. They didn't look at your players and this was before your players came out.

Good luck next week.

Maybe you didn't see it from your side of the stadium, but your players did way more than huddle at midfield. If that's all they had done, I wouldn't have mentioned it as I have no problem with that, but I'm here to tell you SouthPaugh, they were pointing fingers at our side and and taunting our players on our side. It wasn't just one or two either, it was about one third of the team.
And our players went through our run through before Willis did and were already on our sideline when this all occured. The officials had to go out to midfield and stop them. Thats why the officials stood at midfield during the entrances in the second half.

Argue all you want on this one SouthPaugh, just calling it like I saw it. I think youll find in the morning when they wake up, that I wasn't the only PNG Fan that felt like Willis showed very little class!

I have not seen a team act like that in a long time.

But hey like I said once you begin to dissrespect your opponent...you get what you deserve...YOU GET BEAT!

Other than all that it was a hell of a game!

[quote name="badndn" post="915372" timestamp="1290330143"]
Maybe you didn't see it from your side of the stadium, but your players did way more than huddle at midfield. If that's all they had done, I wouldn't have mentioned it as I have no problem with that, but I'm here to tell you SouthPaugh, they were pointing fingers at our side and and taunting our players on our side. It wasn't just one or two either, it was about one third of the team.
And our players went through our run through before Willis did and were already on our sideline when this all occured. The officials had to go out to midfield and stop them. Thats why the officials stood at midfield during the entrances in the second half.

Argue all you want on this one SouthPaugh, just calling it like I saw it. I think youll find in the morning when they wake up, that I wasn't the only PNG Fan that felt like Willis showed very little class!

But hey like I said once you begin to dissrespect your opponent...you get what you deserve...YOU GET BEAT!

Other than all that it was a heck of a game!
[/quote]

As I recall Willis came out first in the first half. If our kids did that, Coach Jackson will punish them. I have seen plenty of disrespectful teams win. That has nothing to do with winning and losing. It has to do with handling a situation. If they did it, it was in poor taste- much like they way you are generalizing and much like the way PNG band played while we played the school song at the end. Like I said, PNG was no model for sportsmanship last night.

[quote name="SouthPaugh" post="915401" timestamp="1290346859"]
[quote author=badndn link=topic=76421.msg915372#msg915372 date=1290330143]

[/quote]

As I recall Willis came out first in the first half. If our kids did that, Coach Jackson will punish them. I have seen plenty of disrespectful teams win. That has nothing to do with winning and losing. It has to do with handling a situation. If they did it, it was in poor taste- much like they way you are generalizing and much like the way PNG band played while we played the school song at the end. Like I said, PNG was no model for sportsmanship last night.
[/quote]

PNG is piling on the fans

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="915413" timestamp="1290349301"]
[quote author=SouthPaugh link=topic=76421.msg915401#msg915401 date=1290346859]

[/quote]

[/quote]

As I recall PN-G ran out 1st before the game and at half. IMO the run out before the game was poor sportsmanship on Willis's behalf. But then again, yhat just my opnion!

Ok sorry thugs was a tough word maybe unsportsmanlike would be a better word.  Either way some of the boys got a little out of contol.  I like the fact the kids play hard but there was a couple of plays they grabbed a played by the face mask and nearly broke his neck. appeared to be with intent to do harm.  Again one of the boys threw a punch at one of our boys.  Now as far as i am concerned the refs could have called the catch either way and one side would be crying today.  I do not know whether the ball hit the ground or not but with all of the non calls as well as what appeared to be a forward lateral on the lucky catch.It all comes out even. hey not to mention no hard feeling we won. YYYaaaahhoooo!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D :-*[quote name="SouthPaugh" post="915401" timestamp="1290346859"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[quote name="badndn" post="915339" timestamp="1290320280"]

Now on to Manvel.

[/quote]

Yup, you're right.  There was some downright dirty plays...even at the beginning of the game when the Willis players were taunting the Indian Spirit & the refs made them move to the sideline.  There was no need for what the Willis players did. You're right.  It came back and bit them in the butt.  I'm glad!

[quote name="badndn" post="915356" timestamp="1290323343"]
[quote author=Enjun07 link=topic=76421.msg915353#msg915353 date=1290322291]
I give props to number 4 jayce nelson...heck of of game going over a 100 yards receiving with a td...and 2 crucial 4th down conversions
[/quote]
He's been money all year long. And our OLine was blowing Willis off the ball as well.
[/quote]

Jayce Nelson is definitely a BIG play maker....very impressed with that young man...and he'll be back next year.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder