Dayton vs. LaMarque "Ghost of Playoffs Past"...Who ya' got

rollinac

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well xlmcoog88, i have nothing to do with this thread but it seems to me that you are trying to bring the garbage talk to yourself. If you and your friend that doesnt post on here doesnt like all this "homerism" as you call it why do you come on here and get involved. I myself have nothing but respect for lamarque, friendswood, and dayton also. They are all very good programs and have been for years. Yes you have % rings as you call it for state titles, so what doesnt mean squat. If you are hungry and the stars line up anything can happen, you for one should know, wasnt that long ago that the L-train rolled allover the coogs sending them packing. That was a team that had never been to the playoffs and made the most of it. Anything can happen, cant wait to see the outcome of all of these games this coming week. Thanks for posting all of the scores from your district each week it is appreceiated but if you dont like what some people post on here then stay on your board, yes there is alot of bs but that is what makes some of this fun to read and respond to. Good luck to both teams and let the champs of the creampuff district send the coogs home with a loss. If my team wins it doesnt matter who we face out of your game it will be a good one to watch no matter the outcome.

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="918794" timestamp="1290724194"]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76420.msg918768#msg918768 date=1290721989]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. [b]We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     [/b] [/quote]

LA MARQUE is a solid football team do not mistake that. As for last year it does not matter what any team has done the last game much less last year. I agree with your assesment of the BRONX and yes they will roll ;D
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Yes we are pretty solid when it comes to playing the game itself but I'm our biggest critic because they do lack something I've complained about all year long even on our website...discipline. If you can get out of the gates fast and get up on them early while getting under their fingernails the wheels can fall off...IE...the Texas City game. That is the simple reason why no matter what happens we wont compete in any final this year. You don't get to that point by having athletes alone and if you've seen my prior posts it's no mystery I have no confidence in this coaching staff to take us to that level....it simply won't happen. The lack of discipline by Coach Jordan (from Dallas ISD prior to La Marque) is exactly the reason why the game vs. Yates was as close as it was. Yates wanted to play ghetto ball and we took the bait! I read up on Jordan's style of coaching while he was up there and the things that are taking place now are not too much different. I know I was embarrassed by the lack of discipline I saw on the field at times and I left that game shaking my head! If you watch the El Campo game and the Yates game the team conducted themselves on opposite ends of the spectrum.[/b][/color]

[quote name="biaplayer" post="918802" timestamp="1290725238"]
well xlmcoog88, i have nothing to do with this thread but it seems to me that you are trying to bring the garbage talk to yourself. If you and your friend that doesnt post on here doesnt like all this "homerism" as you call it why do you come on here and get involved. I myself have nothing but respect for lamarque, friendswood, and dayton also. They are all very good programs and have been for years. Yes you have % rings as you call it for state titles, so what doesnt mean squat. If you are hungry and the stars line up anything can happen, you for one should know, wasnt that long ago that the L-train rolled allover the coogs sending them packing. That was a team that had never been to the playoffs and made the most of it. Anything can happen, cant wait to see the outcome of all of these games this coming week. Thanks for posting all of the scores from your district each week it is appreceiated but if you dont like what some people post on here then stay on your board, yes there is alot of bs but that is what makes some of this fun to read and respond to. Good luck to both teams and let the champs of the creampuff district send the coogs home with a loss. If my team wins it doesnt matter who we face out of your game it will be a good one to watch no matter the outcome.
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Well I find that kind of hard to believe because I was being trolled even before I ever mentioned the word homerism and perhaps because you don't know what I mean when I use that word you're drawing your own conclusions. In the very same post you extracted my word homerism out of I explained thoroughly why I'm over here and  went on to explain that if I didn't like it, I'd stop posting. I NEVER disrepect or ATTACK any person or team over here so if asking the same in return is too much than shame on me? I'm glad you agree with the 5 rings not meaning squat because that's exactly what I stated in the other thread. As for Lumberton, you guys won and I give you that but I wouldn't call kicking a field goal in the closing seconds running all over LM fella. Now, if we can get back to football I'd appreciate it because that's what I'm here to do, not to explain myself to each and every member individually....have a good night! [/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="918819" timestamp="1290727780"]
[quote author=biaplayer link=topic=76420.msg918802#msg918802 date=1290725238]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]Well I find that kind of hard to believe because I was being trolled even before I ever mentioned the word homerism and perhaps because you don't know what I mean when I use that word you're drawing your own conclusions. In the very same post you extracted my word homerism out of I explained thoroughly why I'm over here and  went on to explain that if I didn't like it, I'd stop posting. I NEVER disrepect or ATTACK any person or team over here so if asking the same in return is too much than shame on me? I'm glad you agree with the 5 rings not meaning squat because that's exactly what I stated in the other thread. As for Lumberton, you guys won and I give you that but I wouldn't call kicking a field goal in the closing seconds running all over LM fella. Now, if we can get back to football I'd appreciate it because that's what I'm here to do, not to explain myself to each and every member individually....have a good night! [/b][/color]
[/quote]
Its a conspiricy xlmcoog..............................Just ask smoking baby ;D

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="918834" timestamp="1290729232"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg918819#msg918819 date=1290727780]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I'm not familiar with smoking baby so you'll have to fill me in? I just don't think anyone is here to read the bull crap from tit-for-tats so I'm done answering them in threads. I have a message box so hopefully people who want to question me about anything other than football can use that instead of cluttering up these boards with that mess.[/b][/color]

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="918854" timestamp="1290731082"]
[quote author=BRONX ROX link=topic=76420.msg918834#msg918834 date=1290729232]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg918819#msg918819 date=1290727780]
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]I'm not familiar with smoking baby so you'll have to fill me in? I just don't think anyone is here to read the bull crap from tit-for-tats so I'm done answering them in threads. I have a message box so hopefully people who want to question me about anything other than football can use that instead of cluttering up these boards with that mess.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
BH89

[quote name="BRONX ROX" post="918727" timestamp="1290716353"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg918724#msg918724 date=1290715604]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=76420.msg918717#msg918717 date=1290714291]
[quote author=Broncofan65 link=topic=76420.msg918678#msg918678 date=1290706216]
[u][b]I see Gamal and company with at least 3 interceptions [/b] [/u] if La Marque throws alot. All of our secondary are very disciplined and are capable of intercepting at any time.  ;D ;D Go Broncos.
[/quote]

I agree, if lm rb is out they will try and air it out and our boys will have a fild day. If he does play "and i just dont see him at 100% after all the talk about that ankle" it is going to be some old fashion smash mouth pigskin. Im excited just thinking about it.
[/quote]
[color=navy][b]
Perhaps but don't think all is lost with our running game if TW doesn't play or is hampered by his injury. Although Alridge doesn't get the touches that TW does he is a quick and scrappy back who's averaging about 7.5 ypc. and although he's only 5'5 he'd rather run into you rather than around you. It will be quite interesting how things play out come Sat.[/b][/color]
[/quote]
DAY had the same thing week 9 when the starting RB went down and the run game hasnt missed a beat with McBride the back-up. Still nice to have a 1-2 punch in the backfield. The run game starts with the Oline and from what I hear LM has got a good oline. If you can come out and dink n dunk with the pass game it will open up the run too. Gonna be a great game ;D
[/quote]i have heard alot about Lamarque and there offense. what about how there defense will match up against herrea, fowler, mcbride, baldwin, and company?

[quote name="xLmCoog88" post="918780" timestamp="1290723229"]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]For the very same reason that Bronco fans think their team is? We didn't play Terry in the playoffs (Manvel did) instead we played Yates and El Campo who at the the time were undefeated and were looked upon by many to be the region finalist along with Brenham. That's not really a good premise to go by though because teams play who they play not by choice but by the way the system is set up. I wouldn't exactly consider KP or Livingston world beaters either so you may want to consider your position? The next thing I'm gonna say is gonna fetch me some backlash but that's cool but if I went by your premise [size=12pt][u][i][color=red]who in 20-4A besides Dayton [/color][/i][/u][/size]had a quality season? I assure you this though...Dayton would not have went undefeated in 24-4A like they did in that cup cake district.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Dayton's in 19-4a...

[quote name="mikehoncho" post="918905" timestamp="1290735078"]
[quote author=xLmCoog88 link=topic=76420.msg918780#msg918780 date=1290723229]
Why do so many posters think that La Marque is all that. Where did they end up last year? Beating Terry and Yates is not that great in the playoffs. Dayton has been very good for the last 4 years. Dayton will roll in this game. We have played good offensive lines and running backs many times this year. Always Believe.   8)     
[/quote]

[color=navy][b]For the very same reason that Bronco fans think their team is? We didn't play Terry in the playoffs (Manvel did) instead we played Yates and El Campo who at the the time were undefeated and were looked upon by many to be the region finalist along with Brenham. That's not really a good premise to go by though because teams play who they play not by choice but by the way the system is set up. I wouldn't exactly consider KP or Livingston world beaters either so you may want to consider your position? The next thing I'm gonna say is gonna fetch me some backlash but that's cool but if I went by your premise [size=12pt][u][i][color=red]who in 20-4A besides Dayton [/color][/i][/u][/size]had a quality season? I assure you this though...Dayton would not have went undefeated in 24-4A like they did in that cup cake district.[/b][/color]
[color=navy][b]
Oh my mistake...thanks for the heads up.[/b][/color]
[/quote]

Dayton's in 19-4a...
[/quote]

[b]"i have heard alot about Lamarque and there offense. what about how there defense will match up against herrea, fowler, mcbride, baldwin, and company?"[/b]

[b]"The 1 player we cant win without."[/b]

I've said it before. My opinion ain't worth a whole lot, but here it goes. I don't believe we can count on the "big" play against the cougar defense.

[quote name="Hawkeye" post="918937" timestamp="1290740043"]
[b]"i have heard alot about Lamarque and there offense. what about how there defense will match up against herrea, fowler, mcbride, baldwin, and company?"[/b]

I've said it before. My opinion ain't worth a whole lot, but here it goes. I don't believe we can count on the "big" play against the cougar defense.

[/quote]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo dont be talking like that! LOL... Them Broncos got this  ;D

[quote name="octfeb" post="918955" timestamp="1290740872"]
[quote author=Hawkeye link=topic=76420.msg918937#msg918937 date=1290740043]

[/quote]NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooo dont be talking like that! LOL... Them Broncos got this  ;D
[/quote]

Don't mean they can't win. Just mean they're gonna have to find ways to move the ball consistently for first downs. Drive down and chew up clock. I think the offense might have to "adjust" some and maybe break out some new wrinkles. Course they got this!  ;D

I shake my head and laugh at xlm superbold cougarman. 

As far as the game goes.  The offense is going to score points on LaMarque.  The defense will be tested in the areas of linebacker and secondary.  Open field tackling is paramount.  La Marque has some athletes, but Dayton has a tough football team. 

Dayton by three scores minimum.

[quote name="Tyrone_Biggums" post="919061" timestamp="1290749301"]
I shake my head and laugh at xlm superbold cougarman. 

As far as the game goes.  The offense is going to score points on LaMarque.  The defense will be tested in the areas of linebacker and secondary.  Open field tackling is paramount.  La Marque has some athletes, but Dayton has a tough football team. 

[b]Dayton by three scores minimum.[/b][/quote]

:o :o :o Man I hope your right! I also hope they get up by those three score quickly and stay there so I can stay out of cardiac arrest!  :D

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder