WEST BROOK VS. PEARLAND BROADCAST/Pearland wins 51-22

WOSgrad

Sorry to say, Todd, I was there. Pearland is good, I'm not denying that. But they aren't 51-22 good over West Brook....normally. We have played better against better teams. [b]Mark my words, if Pearland makes it to the Region 3 final against Katy, Katy will crush them[/b]! They are beatable!!! We just didn't show up and execute. No two ways about it. This WB team played poorly today. We never had an opportunity to be competitive. They did some things that made us make some adjustments in the 2nd quarter. The problem is, we never made those adjustments. Just sayin.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="82 5A State Champs" post="915090" timestamp="1290309755"]

[/quote]
Speak for yourself.

I'm proud of our kids, proud of our fans ( the ones who stayed), appreciate the other schools that came to support WB. and appreciate what the coaches have done to develop our kids in the past 4 seasons, they've grown to become strong young men.

You win games and you loose games, but these lessons are combined to teach the bigger lesson...succeeding in the game of life.

I'm proud to be a fan and supporter at WB and will continue to support the program as long as I am breathing.  Thru thick and thin, I'm a phone call away.

[quote name="vigil" post="914733" timestamp="1290294963"]
weedbegone is pretty quite.  Or should it be  "We-Be-Gone"?    ;)     ::)
[/quote]
and here I thought Vagisil was a cure....but I guess you call yourself Vagisil cause you need some...check your local pharmacy or find a new gynecologist.

[quote name="Sgt Rey" post="915441" timestamp="1290352305"]
[quote author=82 5A State Champs link=topic=76402.msg915090#msg915090 date=1290309755]

[/quote]
Speak for yourself.

I'm proud of our kids, proud of our fans ( the ones who stayed), appreciate the other schools that came to support WB. and appreciate what the coaches have done to develop our kids in the past 4 seasons, they've grown to become strong young men.

You win games and you loose games, but these lessons are combined to teach the bigger lesson...succeeding in the game of life.

I'm proud to be a fan and supporter at WB and will continue to support the program as long as I am breathing.  Thru thick and thin, I'm a phone call away.
[/quote]I feel the same way Rey

82, those are ignorant comments about a team that doesn't deserve for you or anyone else to bring up stuff like that when it simply isn't true....

Pearland is a great football team with tons of talent.... West Brook has talent as well.... I don't think you are doing Pearland any justice by saying that the better team did not win.... West Brook had their game plan erased by the Oilers, and they had to try and make due with what was there....

The passing game was the ONLY offense in the first half for the Bruins and I thought Reyes did a great job of finding the receivers.... He didn't have an incompletion for a long time in the game....

Don't discredit what Saulberry did as well, I thought he did a fine job, with his only miscue being the fumble on the first drive....

I don't think you are being fair by calling out the coaching staff.... What exactly would YOU have done different?

I was at this game and saw the same things that everyone saw.  This West Brook team had opportunities to make this a game.  Salsbury did a good job.  But from a fan's prospective, I can understand why 82 is kinda ticked at this game.  There were little things that I saw as well as other fans seen.  You have to put these kids in great positions to win these games.  Not taking away anything from the Oilers because they were good.  But even NS fans were saying that Pearland was playing better than they really are.  Brook has just as many good players on the field as Pearland.  It came down to execution.  Pearland did and Brook didn't.  As a whole, I don't know why our Beaumont Teams just don't have that 'all out' mentality to play like there is no tomorrow.  West Brook came out with no sense of urgency in the second half.  There were no blitz called to disrupt this Oiler offense who pretty much went with a very limited playbook.  When West Brook did blitz and attack, they slowed the Oilers down.  I'm probably just as dissapointed as any West Brook fan because There was so much with this team.  After seeing them last year and how well I knew they could play.  But nevertheless, players didn't quit and kept fighting.  And to those seniors 2 of them are very close to me and my family.  It's been a pleasure seeing you under these Friday night lights. Too bad the outcome could have been different. 

They (Houston teams) never respect anything from Beaumont.  When we have a chance to prove them wrong, we lose.  Every time we (Central or West Brook, heck any SETX team) play a Houston team, we should be super pumped to get at them.  Brook got respect last year for taking down these types of teams like NS, Ike, and Hightower.  Still lost to Katy, but well, that's Katy.  But We need to consistantly put together teams that can get them.  The lack of respect have been going on for many years now.  Jags have JUST started getting respect from the Houston area.  FW is still a thorn, but hopefully one day we will get them.  I just hope that we can see the day that we will rise to the challenge to prove those Houston teams wrong.  This Brook team had chances and it's frustrating.  Wasn't about winning.  It's about being competitive and letting them know, we're here to win.  I think this is what 82 meant. 

Common theme- In 82 5A State Champs eyes, it's always the coaches fault, regardless of the sitiuations. ::) (I think it's pretty obvious that 82 doesn't care for the WB coaching staff, his posts over the last few years prove it) ;)

I have seen a many a football game this year, 5A down to 1A. That Pearland team that I watched Saturday is one of the best teams I have seen all season. Pearland is just better than West Brook, it's just that simple. The Bruins scoring those last 3 TD's were against a soft (prevent) Pearland defense that had many 2nd teamers playing.

Pearland may get beat this next round, but Saturday, they were one of the best I have seen this year. Based on that game, I say Pearland would beat WB 7 out of 10 games.

This is absolutely not true, Mike. I, up until as recently as this year, have never questioned our coaching staff's ability to put a quality, competitive team on the field. And for the most part of this year, WB was competitive. What fan doesn't question decisions that are made....good or bad? However, there have been some things that have surfaced that have made me take a step back and look at the bigger picture of things. This goes alot deeper than just one game, fellas. A few of you out there that I've talked to about it, agree with me on the points I've made. But when I try to bring it to the board, it doesn't bode well with some of you, and I end up with alot of you questioning my loyalty to the WB football team. So, if my statements have made some of you question my belief in our coaching staff, then so be it. But I still believe that we should have showed up and competed more than we did. If ya'll are content with these types of results, then that's fine. But I want more. I want a another state championship!

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="915869" timestamp="1290377674"]
:D :D @ your signature in reference to the Pearland game... 
[/quote]You know me, and you know that I call it like I see it. I'm not here to candy-coat it, or save anybody's feelings by saying nice things when, truthfully, I dont mean them. We played horrible....thats a fact!

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="915981" timestamp="1290384023"]
Until BISD changes its ways this will be a common theme.  They keep running families out of Beaumont so you will see the Lumberton's Nederland's Bridge City's and PNG's of the world continue to improve and see BISD schools continue to disappoint.
[/quote]What the heck are you talking about?  Did you even manage to read any of this stuff? Who's running out of BISD?  Enrollment is doing good.  As I said, this have nothing to do with the current topic...  ::) ::)

[quote name="BMTSoulja1" post="915994" timestamp="1290385117"]
[quote author=AggiesWeAreNot link=topic=76402.msg915981#msg915981 date=1290384023]
Until BISD changes its ways this will be a common theme.  They keep running families out of Beaumont so you will see the Lumberton's Nederland's Bridge City's and PNG's of the world continue to improve and see BISD schools continue to disappoint.
[/quote]What the heck are you talking about?  Did you even manage to read any of this stuff? Who's running out of BISD?  Enrollment is doing good.  As I said, this have nothing to do with the current topic...   ::) ::)
[/quote]

Wow, this is turning into a CBT hate thread.  Well hate on hater.  As long as the UIL continues to let everybody in the playoffs, the PN-G's Neds, Lumbertons of the world have a shot of getting in.  If you want not only to win on Fridays but play on Saturdays and maybe Sundays, you send your kid to BISD or PAISD......

2007 - 2008: 19277
2008 - 2009: 19309
2009 - 2010: 19551

BISD enrollment for the past 3 years Haters.....

[quote name="AggiesWeAreNot" post="915981" timestamp="1290384023"]
Until BISD changes its ways this will be a common theme.  They keep running families out of Beaumont so you will see the Lumberton's Nederland's Bridge City's and PNG's of the world continue to improve and see BISD schools continue to disappoint.
[/quote]Are you for real?

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476