Tarkington 69, Hardin 66 - F

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="911174" timestamp="1289968453"]
So Tarkington only beat Hardin by 3 and they were actually down by 20 to the Hornets at one time. That doesn't sound like a team that will battle for a playoff spot out of 22-3A. ;)
[/quote]

actually 22 at one time, sure doesn't sound like it does it. a very young team that got down by 22 and had the heart to come back and get a win instead of folding up like a cheap suit. i'm sure your derogatory comment was aimed at someone in particular, but nobody i know has crowned them as "contenders", they've got a TON of work to do both on the court and in the locker room, but i'd rather watch them play (albeit shooting alot better percentage both from the floor and the line) than a bunch of halfwit underachievers (not referring to anyone in particular, just a general statement). good thing for them that your opinion of them has no bearing whatsoever on how they do. they will definitely have some ups and downs, but when you stay in the battle like they did some good things are going to happen, and tonight they did. proud of you boys, good team win tonight.

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="911205" timestamp="1289970905"]
My comment was aimed strictly at a certain poster. Was not meant to be negative towards the Tarkington team. Hope they have a successful season.
[/quote]

as stated thats what i assumed, appreciate the confirmation. btw, thanks for all you do to help keep us up to date on the forum, i know this a busy time of year for you and others, thanks for the time you put in.

Guest baseball25
Hardin had 3 freshman starting and Myles Taylor is out with a ankle sprain from football and he's the starting point guard so when he gets back that should help james and hall out alot!!!

Tarkington only has one returning varsity player from last year so they are going to take thier lumps early in the season but once those younger guys and first year starters get it figured out they will be just fine, saw alot of growing up in one quarter of basketball good job horns!!

[quote name="AggiesAreWe" post="911205" timestamp="1289970905"]
My comment was aimed strictly at a certain poster. Was not meant to be negative towards the Tarkington team. Hope they have a successful season.
[/quote]

Last years Tarkington team (that did make the playoffs I believe) won this very same game by 1 with a last second tip in. So apparently either Hardin isn't as bad as you think, or more than likely the first game of the season doesn't effectively predict district outcomes.  :o

Not alot of defense from either team.  Hardin was in foul trouble in the 1st quarter.  Experienced players sat alot in this game.  No reason to given up a 22 pt lead, but it happens.  Tarkington hit 11 3's also.  Hardin had way too many turnovers and missed lay ups with the youngsters out there. There is alot they can build on from here.  Def need Miles out there, he was in the huddle at timeouts talking to the boys also, doing what he could.

These refs asked about the mercy rule and running the clock, good thing they didn't, Hardin might have won. Seriously, is this a new rule, or just some AAU refs learning to ref high school games.  not blaming the refs but alot of blwon calls in this game.  Tarkington shot 15 FTs to Hardins 4 in the 2nd half. Lots of fouls on both ends of the floor, by both teams, just some were not called

Good job Tarkington for never giving up. Hardin pick up your heads, and learn from your mistakes.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124