Will Brownwood Run Over Ever One Thay Play

skipper

Well here is my 2 cents. I know they are a great team, but that area is weak as far as opponents go.So their blowouts were predicted. They wont be tested untill the semi's imo. They seem like a one man show in Jaxon Shipley. It seems that if you shut down the long pass, they are beatable. The x factor is they think they are the best there ever was, this could come to haunt them. there might be a team they run into that they will overlook. That said, dont be surprised if they get upset and bounced next week or the following. Again, this is truly speculation on what I have seen and heard. I havent seen them play,so cant be specific. I will tell you this, in the 88-24 win, they were struggling untill the third quarter. To beat them, you have to either score with them, or try to shut down Shipley.

I say this, because they remind me of our(WOS) 2003 season, where we dropped to 3A and thought our $&%# didnt stink and lost in the first round.

[quote name="kicker" post="905326" timestamp="1289582109"]
Well here is my 2 cents. I know they are a great team, but that area is weak as far as opponents go.So their blowouts were predicted. They wont be tested untill the semi's imo. They seem like a one man show in Jaxon Shipley. It seems that if you shut down the long pass, they are beatable. The x factor is they think they are the best there ever was, this could come to haunt them. there might be a team they run into that they will overlook. That said, dont be surprised if they get upset and bounced next week or the following. Again, this is truly speculation on what I have seen and heard. I havent seen them play,so cant be specific. I will tell you this, in the 88-24 win, [b]they were struggling untill the third quarter.[/b] To beat them, you have to either score with them, or try to shut down Shipley.

I say this, because they remind me of our(WOS) 2003 season, where we dropped to 3A and thought our $&%# didnt stink and lost in the first round.
[/quote]

it was like 55-17 in the 2nd quarter...

the video I saw, they had a good QB and runningback also. Shipley is definitely a great on though. I think he's returned like 13 kicks for TD's. Brownwood has been good for a long while. I don't think Shipley's the only one to worry about. that's a good program.

I definitely would agree with that. Brownwood is returning to the form that it once was. If you have not watched film or seen games of them, I might keep from making statements about all you have to do is shut down shipley. Yes he may be their biggest threat but they have many more waiting for their opponents to take your course "in shutting down shipley" mentality. Plus you would have to onside kick it everytime, punt away from him, work the other side of the defense, and put 3 of the 11 defenders you have on him. I think you would have better luck in asking to play with more guys on the field than doing all that ;) With all that being said they handled Stephenville pretty easily who is predicated to win some postseason games at the 4A level. There are some good football teams in this area that will possibly have a chance at brownwood if they both make it. There is good football being played outside of this area. That is what makes this time of year so great. The best from each region get to square off and may the best team on that night advance. Good luck to all still in the hunt!

[quote name="Scooter!" post="905357" timestamp="1289583666"]
Brownwood has more than Ship. You stop Ship then you have to watch the other 2 WRs, the QB and the RBs. Its really pick your poison. :D
[/quote]

The same can be said for the likes of Kville, Carthage, WOS, and several others in the playoffs.  Yes, Brownwood is very good but [b]every[/b] team is beatable including them.

[quote name="HubTx" post="905367" timestamp="1289584330"]
I bet Shipley won't come across the middle if Breed hits him like he did Taylor last night for Brownsboro....
[/quote]

Brother, you ain't kidding!  Not to mention the lick that Cucancic put on him the first time he ventured into the middle of the field.  Alligator Arms!

I agree with Lefty.  Burnet was the favorite two years in a row when Stephen McGee and Jordan Shipley were there and got beat in the finals both times.  The futher you get the tougher it gets on everyone.  Someone said, shut down Shipley and you stop Brownwood.  Most games they only throw to him 3 to 5 times because of the double and triple teams.  When they do throw it is usually a fly pattern, very seldom in traffic.  His speed is better than Jordan's was at that age and I think his route running is better.  He is very good, but they have 3 other players that are already committed to D1 schools in football.  There QB is going to college on a baseball scholarship.

I just think they haven't meet a great defense yet that can stop them I was watching some film on them the other day. They have yet to play a good defensive team but I think they will roll over most of the teams they play. When they make it to that state championship state game they will be woking up by one of those good Region 3 or 4 teams that has some good defense hopefully its West Orange-Stark or Kribyvillle at the State game.

I do not think that this topic was to upset the "best region in football from top to bottom." It was just stated that Brownwood has not been slowed this year. As far as Shipley I am sure he has benefitted from his brothers success and time spent at t.u and not to mention he has one of the best current head coaches as a dad. Bc he definitely not all hype. Go at shipley like IP tried to and you might see 80 on the other side of the scoreboard. If you look at the teams that burnet lost to, you will find the everman squad was definitely not the underdog in that game. And burnet came out of region 4 in those yrs....

They haven't played ANYBODY who can put pressure on their quarterback.  When they do face a team that can do that combined with having a good running game, they may be beat.  How are these 17 year olds going to handle the situation when they're actually being tested after steamrolling their way through region cupcake all season??

[quote name="TenaciousD" post="905452" timestamp="1289590843"]
They haven't played ANYBODY who can put pressure on their quarterback.  When they do face a team that can do that combined with having a good running game, they may be beat.  How are these 17 year olds going to handle the situation when they're actually being tested after steamrolling their way through region cupcake all season??
[/quote]ask North Shore 2003 team i think it was only one game they had a challenge (state title game) and they steamrolled The Woodlands  :D

[quote name="Scooter!" post="905463" timestamp="1289591543"]
[quote author=TenaciousD link=topic=75961.msg905452#msg905452 date=1289590843]
[/quote]ask North Shore 2003 team i think it was only one game they had a challenge (state title game) and they steamrolled The Woodlands  :D
[/quote]

Brownwood 6 year season history:

04-05............... Overall 6-6.......District....4-1
05-06................Overall 4-7.......District....3-2
06-07................Overall 7-7.......District....2-3
07-08................Overall 6-4.......District....2-3
08-09................Overall 3-7.......District....2-5
09-10................Overall 10-3......District...4-1

* Stats from Maxpreps..

[quote name="TenaciousD" post="905452" timestamp="1289590843"]
[b]They haven't played ANYBODY who can put pressure on their quarterback[/b].  When they do face a team that can do that combined with having a good running game, they may be beat.  How are these 17 year olds going to handle the situation when they're actually being tested after steamrolling their way through region cupcake all season??
[/quote]

They not only played Stephenville, but they embarrassed us!  We had a lot of turnovers and they made us pay...big time!  If we can stop turning the ball over I honestly see us meeting Aledo in the Qtr-Finals.  We may be 5-5 right now, but we didn't lose to any weak teams....so to say that they didn't play anyone isn't correct! 

Loses this year for Stephenville

Aledo (4A #1)
Brownwood (3A #1)
Hebron (Perennial 5A Power)
Mesquite Horn (Tough 5A Team)
Waco Miday (4A #8) 

[quote name="rmac" post="905510" timestamp="1289595009"]
08-09 and earlier were before Shipley got there.  The couple of coaches before him had kind of a tough time because he had to follow Gordon Woods and 7 state championships.  Good men but couldn't live up to the expectations.
[/quote]

Their last appearance at State as a 3A school was in 1978-79.They beat Gainesville 21-12

They made 1 appearance as a 4A school in 1981-82..they beat Sugar Land Willowridge 24-9

[quote name="stevieray" post="905610" timestamp="1289601472"]
It's been awhile for Brownwood, but I can promise you that Gordon Wood's legacy will always cast a huge shadow....every coach there will be compared to him!
[/quote]

Man what else can you say about a man who coaches his team to 8 State titles...He has my respect... ;)

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder