Will Brownwood Run Over Ever One Thay Play

skipper

I have seen Brownwood in person on several occasions this year. They are more than a 1-dimensional team that just throws the ball to Shipley. They have 2 other outstanding receivers ,and 2 great running backs and their quarterback is a great athlete also. Their defense is very strong and last I saw they had @ +20 or so in turn-overs. It will take a very strong effort to defeat them.

[quote name="rykerx144" post="905622" timestamp="1289603119"]
i just watched so called obvious cheap shot    not so obvious in my opinion.  Yes he definetly wasnt looking and he was blind-sided but it was not after the play!  Whistle had not blown and shipley was just standing there watching the play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5JOn1fAjbg

Looked pretty cheap to me. Player was obviously down and Shipley wasn't making a move towards the action.

[/quote]

no i agree with that aspect.  It was a cheap shot.  It was just reported that it was after the play and shipley was walking back to huddle.  I just meant that part was not true and its not as bad as first described.  It was obvious cheap shot he wasnt looking and wasnt partcipating in the play.

[quote name="Kville_Kats" post="905616" timestamp="1289602345"]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=75961.msg905610#msg905610 date=1289601472]
It's been awhile for Brownwood, but I can promise you that Gordon Wood's legacy will always cast a huge shadow....every coach there will be compared to him!
[/quote]

Man what else can you say about a man who coaches his team to 8 State titles...He has my respect... ;)
[/quote]

Great post....Even though Stephenville and Brownwood are hated rivals, we still have tons of respect for each other.  Gordon Wood is a legend is these parts! 

[quote name="rykerx144" post="905639" timestamp="1289604314"]
no i agree with that aspect.  It was a cheap shot.  It was just reported that it was after the play and shipley was walking back to huddle.  I just meant that part was not true and its not as bad as first described.  It was obvious cheap shot he wasnt looking and wasnt partcipating in the play.
[/quote]

Ah okay, got ya.

[quote name="stevieray" post="905640" timestamp="1289604603"]
[quote author=Kville_Kats link=topic=75961.msg905616#msg905616 date=1289602345]
[quote author=stevieray link=topic=75961.msg905610#msg905610 date=1289601472]
It's been awhile for Brownwood, but I can promise you that Gordon Wood's legacy will always cast a huge shadow....every coach there will be compared to him!
[/quote]

Man what else can you say about a man who coaches his team to 8 State titles...He has my respect... ;)
[/quote]

Great post....Even though Stephenville and Brownwood are hated rivals, we still have tons of respect for each other.  Gordon Wood is a legend is these parts! 

[/quote]

Yeah kinda like down here..Curtis Barbay at Newton & Dan Hooks at West Orange Stark and we have another one coming up,He's younger but getting quite a rep in these parts Jack Alvarez... Curtis Barbay & Dan Hooks Enduring coaches with a lot of wins and a few State trophies....

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CougarCrazy124
    Newest Member
    CougarCrazy124