Dayton vs. Brenham who you got?

Lionfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Lionfan" post="901723" timestamp="1289240847"]
Bronco fans and players, especially players if you happen to read these threads this game is over before it starts. Brenham is who you need to be focuaaing on!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone have a guess as to where the Brenham/Dayton will be help?
[/quote]

::) ::)

how should I tell the kids to focuaa?? I'm pretty sure they've never done that before.  ;D

First those 2 teams have to make it to each other.
Upsets ALWAYS happen in football. esp. high school football.
Dayton missing JOK and maybe their QB due to disciplinary actions they could might no make it to the Cubs
As for Brehnam they walk around holding their head to high and could miss a step against an underrated team.

[quote name="Lionfan" post="901752" timestamp="1289242985"]
Yea no kidding not only are folks from Livingston no match for mighty Bronco's we can't spell either.....

Couple thing to consider though:

Total offense

Dayton- 3052 yards

Livingston- 3790 yards

First downs

Dayton-145

Livingston-188
[/quote]

Replace Jasper, Huntsville, and Houston BTW with FB Elkins, Angleton and Aldine Eisenhower and you've got the other piece of that equation. ;)

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="901729" timestamp="1289241261"]
Dayton missing JOK and maybe their QB due to disciplinary actions they could might no make it to the Cubs
As for Brehnam they walk around holding their head to high and could miss a step against an underrated team.
[/quote][b]QB due to disciplinary actions[/b]<---- you been inhaling them gas fumes up there on the bump again? 

[quote name="dayton" post="901754" timestamp="1289243072"]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=75758.msg901752#msg901752 date=1289242985]
Yea no kidding not only are folks from Livingston no match for mighty Bronco's we can't spell either.....

Total offense

Dayton- 3052 yards

Livingston- 3790 yards

First downs

Dayton-145

Livingston-188
[/quote]

Replace Jasper, Huntsville, and Houston BTW with FB Elkins, Angleton and Aldine Eisenhower and you've got the other piece of that equation. ;)
[/quote]

And add in the fact that Dayton's defense allowed less than seven points per game and scored an average of 50 on offense.

[quote name="WhatHappened?" post="901729" timestamp="1289241261"]
[/quote]

We do walk around with our heads high and with good reason, but don't think for a second that were overlooking anybody.  If you don't plan on winning, you shouldn't play.  We have 6 games left to achieve what we want to do, and to make it that far, you have to respect all of your opponents.  We will come out guns-a-blazin after the close game with Stratford.

One game at a time...

There's no way Dayton can look past Livingston.  One of your very own already told us that Livingston's offense is the best that the Broncos have seen in a decade.  I, for one, can't wait to see how the Dayton defense holds up against an offense that can eclipse Lake Travis with Garret Gilbert or Sulphur Springs with Tyreke the Freak.  I've got a feeling the Broncos will be plenty focused for this one.

Lionfan is just trying to stir the pot. He is right about the Livingston offense. They have put up more yards then Dayton this year but how many points have they put up? Lets compare the real numbers. How many points has Livingston scored vs. how many the Bronco's have scored. Then another comparison, how many points have been scored on Livingston and how many on the Bronco's.

[quote name="Backflipper" post="901869" timestamp="1289250781"]
Lionfan is just trying to stir the pot. He is right about the Livingston offense. They have put up more yards then Dayton this year but how many points have they put up? Lets compare the real numbers. How many points has Livingston scored vs. how many the Bronco's have scored. Then another comparison, how many points have been scored on Livingston and how many on the Bronco's.
[/quote] I put all that up on the Dayton V Livingston thread the other day

quote author=Lionfan link=topic=75758.msg901752#msg901752 date=1289242985]

Total offense

Dayton- 3052 yards

Livingston- 3790 yards

First downs

Dayton-145

Livingston-188                                                                                                                                                                                      Blame that on the Dayton D. The Bronco's Offense only gets to play on 1/2 the field!!!  Guess I would prefer 30-40 yds. 1 first down and 7 pts.  vs defense giving up a Touchdown and I get the whole field to pad my 1st. down and rushing yds.stats.
But thats just me

All the O stats shouldnt mean nothing at all! [b]We take our starters out every game[/b]. [u][b]4[/b][/u] times this year right after half! Then in the forth we take out our starters on D! And Brenham argument is that we have a weaker district then them,"and we do". I take dayton in this one. I also think who wins this game is going to be playing for state from this side of the bracket.

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="901979" timestamp="1289257981"]
All the O stats shouldnt mean nothing at all! [b]We take our starters out every game[/b]. [u][b]4[/b][/u] times this year right after half! Then in the forth we take out our starters on D! And Brenham argument is that we have a weaker district then them,"and we do". I take dayton in this one. I also think who wins this game is going to be playing for state from this side of the bracket.
[/quote]

Don't overlook the Ricebirds or Manvel.

[quote name="3BRONCOS2" post="901979" timestamp="1289257981"]
All the O stats shouldnt mean nothing at all! [b]We take our starters out every game[/b]. [u][b]4[/b][/u] times this year right after half! Then in the forth we take out our starters on D! And Brenham argument is that we have a weaker district then them,"and we do". I take dayton in this one. [b]I also think who wins this game is going to be playing for state from this side of the bracket.[/b][/quote]

i also believe that, wanting to go support my boys from png if they handle their business this week against the hill. but if brenham and dayton meet up, i think i might have to hitch a ride with my the guy on my team from brenham and go check it out next cause thats gunna be the game of the state for sure

[quote name="baseball10" post="902058" timestamp="1289262059"]
[quote author=3BRONCOS2 link=topic=75758.msg901979#msg901979 date=1289257981]
All the O stats shouldnt mean nothing at all! [b]We take our starters out every game[/b]. [u][b]4[/b][/u] times this year right after half! Then in the forth we take out our starters on D! And Brenham argument is that we have a weaker district then them,"and we do". I take dayton in this one. [b]I also think who wins this game is going to be playing for state from this side of the bracket.[/b][/quote]

i also believe that, wanting to go support my boys from png if they handle their business this week against the hill. but if brenham and dayton meet up, i think i might have to hitch a ride with my the guy on my team from brenham and go check it out next cause thats gunna be the game of the state for sure
[/quote]

As I have been saying for the last 3 weeks. If and when Dayton and Brenham play that will be as good as a state championship game. JMO.  8)

[quote name="PURPLE 4EVER" post="902063" timestamp="1289262297"]
Dayton needs to worry about skinning the Lions this Saturday at the Butch.

[/quote]
Im sure the team is focusing on the Lions but we can jump ahead and focus on the real matchup thats coming up next week. If I were a coach then I would not even be mentioning Brenham but since I am just a drunk rodeo clown then I say, "bring on the Cubbies"

[quote name="oldrock" post="901762" timestamp="1289243558"]
[quote author=dayton link=topic=75758.msg901754#msg901754 date=1289243072]
[quote author=Lionfan link=topic=75758.msg901752#msg901752 date=1289242985]

Total offense

Dayton- 3052 yards

Livingston- 3790 yards

First downs

Dayton-145

Livingston-188
[/quote]

[/quote]

And add in the fact that Dayton's defense allowed less than seven points per game and scored an average of 50 on offense.
[/quote]
Even though I feel 204A is better than 194A top to bottom, I honestly feel it was a very weak defensive year for 204A. As far as looking at the yardage Livingston put up you have to consider that none of the teams in our district(except Central) was very impressive on defense. 194A probably was better on defense. Just my opinion.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    kofajas476
    Newest Member
    kofajas476