Orangefield vs. Bridge City Game Thread/OF WINS BY 2!!!!

WOSgrad

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="899310" timestamp="1289065542"]
[quote author=bobbymcgee link=topic=75627.msg899183#msg899183 date=1289058479]
BC should be running Orangefield's offense. Menard at FB, Clark at RB and Dishon at the slotback. Would be killer.
[/quote]

Whoa,  you better watch out.  someone suggesting going to the Slot T.  What.  ;D
[/quote]Correct me if Iam wrong,does OF run the slot t from the shotgun on some plays? I thought I saw some plays were OF was in the shotgun in the highlights last night. I think this offense would be deadly if you could spread the D out a little bit. I have seen some teams on you tube do this.

[quote name="pirate68" post="899321" timestamp="1289066092"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=75627.msg899310#msg899310 date=1289065542]
BC should be running Orangefield's offense. Menard at FB, Clark at RB and Dishon at the slotback. Would be killer.
[/quote]

Whoa,  you better watch out.  someone suggesting going to the Slot T.  What.  ;D
[/quote]Correct me if Iam wrong,does OF run the slot t from the shotgun on some plays? I thought I saw some plays were OF was in the shotgun in the highlights last night. I think this offense would be deadly if you could spread the D out a little bit. I have seen some teams on you tube do this.
[/quote]

You can run it both ways

[quote name="pirate68" post="899321" timestamp="1289066092"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=75627.msg899310#msg899310 date=1289065542]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Yes OF does usually on 3rd and long, but 95% of the time the QB is under center.

[quote name="bleed orange" post="899137" timestamp="1289054903"]
[quote author=LilBobcatMom link=topic=75627.msg899086#msg899086 date=1289052937]
I think Coach Huck is doing a great job.  The way he runs his team and the athletic dept is the way I grew up with and that's how I raise my kids now.  For example, no practice = no play.  The only viable excuses for missing practice are for a school function, being contagious, or being significantly injured.

I've heard some of the complaints.  I think the parents who have a problem with him got too used to how daddy ball in the youth leagues went and expect the same for their kids when they hit school sports.  I guess they're going to be those helicopter parents who ask the college professors why little Johnny got a D on an exam  ::).
[/quote]

Karma for you Bobcatmom. Like your post.
[/quote]

Thanks!!

[quote name="bleed orange" post="898401" timestamp="1289012737"]
[quote author=SD2009 link=topic=75627.msg898380#msg898380 date=1289012376]
BC still still makes it and of doesn't haha
[/quote]

I will take a win anyday. Coldsprings is next get ready. They beat us pretty bad and we beat you. Ha! ha!  
[/quote]

:D ;D

[quote name="bobbymcgee" post="899183" timestamp="1289058479"]
[/quote]

i totally agree....i think they would be much more efficient on offense....dishon has to much speed for him not to touch the ball more than he does.....they could even run out of the spread with two backs like wos does....i would have dishon at q.b. and menard and hunter as backs but would also switch menard and dishon up some so when i wanted to throw i would have menard at Q.B. but still run some with menard at Q.B. to keep the defense quessing..B.C. has way to many weapons to be limiting themselve so much

Guest bleed orange
People can get ugly on here from time to time, me included but this thread is calm compared to facebook. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!Good luck to Bridge City against Coldspring. They are big, fast and very athletic. We are better now than when we played them before. We looked like a JV playing a varsity. They had some good size kids. 

Guest bleed orange
[quote name="BCgrad05" post="899500" timestamp="1289076839"]
So, bleed orange..what's your prediction? BC deffiantly didn't play they're best game last night
[/quote]

If you guys can keep their offense off the field you have a chance. I know that is not a prediction but I never make predictions. ;D ;D

Guest ECBucFan
Don't let it shake you, BC. Nobody but nobody thought Huffman could beat WOS a few years ago either, but they did. [i]On any given Friday (or Sat.)....[/i]

Good luck BC!

[quote name="Cat22" post="899573" timestamp="1289079584"]
They do throw some but are defiantly a run team. Physically they are the biggest team we faced this year and their speed is comparable to WOS.
[/quote]

Coldspring is a tough physical punishing football team...straight up running hard nosed offense & defense.I would say the toughest team Kirbyville played this year...

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    cfbswami
    Newest Member
    cfbswami