Little Cypress-Mauriceville vs. Nederland Game Thread/Ned Wins/Comments

WOSgrad

[quote name="td" post="899264" timestamp="1289063626"]
[quote author=Keeper99 link=topic=75619.msg899255#msg899255 date=1289063120]
You're right.  But keep in mind that LCM fans you bring some of that on when they post that LCM would have won if their QB was 100%.  That gives Nederland little credit, and draws the obvious response from Nederland fans:  "What are you talking about, we beat the heck out of you."  Good sportsmanship means both winning and losing graciously.

I'd like to follow-up on some of the early fun on the Sonnier debate.  TSonn is definitely my guy, but I have to say that ZSonn is a much better player than I realized.  I can see why LCM fans are so adamant that ZSonn is the best pure receiver in the district.  I also have to give your coaches real credit.  They do an outstanding job designing plays to get ZSonn open.  The motion and pick routes are well designed and well executed making it even harder to cover ZSonn.  

By the way, I saw some great sportsmanship between the Sonnier boys last night both on the field and in the post game interview TSonn did with KFDM (making a point to mention what a great player ZSonn is).  I don't know if that part of the interview made the news, but I hope it did.

This time, the grown-ups should take a lesson from the kids.

[quote author=bear fan link=topic=75619.msg899202#msg899202 date=1289059606]
Plain and simple LCM did not play their best and Nederland played better.   Yes LCM had alot of key players injury but you can't blame losing a game on injuries the other players needed to step up.     Some of the post on this thread were very rude and uncalled for.  Yes, LCM has not had a good football team years pass but please give this year team the credit that they so deserve and stop comparing to the teams in the pass and why bring in basketball it has nothing to do with the game that was played.  Come on people whatever happen to being nice, I understand having a little jabbing but some of the posters on here really need to grow up.  
[/quote]
[/quote]

It did make the news. The kid from Ned gave Gonzales and Sonnier props.
[/quote]

agree... saw the post game show and Sonnier ( nederland ) was very complimentary of LCM's gonzo and sonnier.  He seems to be a class act and I ( bear fan ) wish him and nederland good luck in the playoffs.

jf

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the post game show, but did see after the postgame handshakes that TSonnier tracked down ZSonnier for a few quick words to congratulate/console...I thought to myself at the time that sportsmanship of that kind too often gets missed these days.  Wish I had seen the interview. 

Nederland outplayed LCM in just about every phase of the game.  Plain and simple.  LCM was flat in the biggest game of the season.  I wish things had turned out differently for the seniors who really have taken steps to bring LCM's program up a few notches.

Great season for the Bears.   

[quote name="baddog" post="900338" timestamp="1289138978"]
[quote author=mat link=topic=75619.msg899770#msg899770 date=1289086963]
Nederland stepped up and took care of business and earned their place in the playoffs.

LCM had their shot and failed to step up even through their injury problems. Nederland played very well and as usual rebounded from their own adversities this year.

I find it funny though that Nederland of all teams (posters) can not relate with a QB injury.  ;)

Now, LCM has lost to Central, PNG and Nederland and I have kept up with posts of each loss and its easy to say that Nederland posters have been the least gracious in their victory. :'(

Regardless, I hope you go deep in the playoffs and you deserve to be there.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know who made you the sole judge of what is gracious or not. I simply told the truth without any sarcasm. Nederland's QB woes had ours out for the season or several games. When you get down to your fourth string QB and are able to still make the playoffs without your starter, then I can relate. Any QB anywhere, who can throw for 300 yards, is not hurt IMO. Even if he ran for his 60+ yard average, I'd spot you another TD and you still don't win. LCM fans also said that we didn't see their best game. If a team hasn't been in the playoffs for 13 years and it comes down to playing for your playoff lives and you can't play your ''best game'', then you don't deserve to go.

I will be more gracious when I see some posts that give Nederland more credit for the win than trying to get sympathy for their injuries. We play through our injuries. We stopped you run game without our starting LB, who will be back next week. It's called depth, and some teams have it. We have coaches who can coach a sub to play at starting level.
[/quote]

It doesn't take much of a judge to consider the following post less than gracious;

[b]Nederland spanked that hiney tonight and you know it.

Chew on that while Nederland is working on winning their playoff game or two this year.  Hurt QB or not, that was an old-fashioned country  butt-whuppin'.[/b]

If you've kept up with mine and several other posters you will see I've never discredited Nederlands success. Fact is I think there is only one, maybe two LCM posters that have made excuses for the loss.

I'm a little disapointed BD, sounds like you're taking posting tips from TrueBlue  :)

Good luck Nederland

[quote name="mat" post="900539" timestamp="1289152774"]
[quote author=baddog link=topic=75619.msg900338#msg900338 date=1289138978]
[quote author=mat link=topic=75619.msg899770#msg899770 date=1289086963]
Nederland stepped up and took care of business and earned their place in the playoffs.

LCM had their shot and failed to step up even through their injury problems. Nederland played very well and as usual rebounded from their own adversities this year.

I find it funny though that Nederland of all teams (posters) can not relate with a QB injury.  ;)

Now, LCM has lost to Central, PNG and Nederland and I have kept up with posts of each loss and its easy to say that Nederland posters have been the least gracious in their victory. :'(

Regardless, I hope you go deep in the playoffs and you deserve to be there.
[/quote]

Well, I don't know who made you the sole judge of what is gracious or not. I simply told the truth without any sarcasm. Nederland's QB woes had ours out for the season or several games. When you get down to your fourth string QB and are able to still make the playoffs without your starter, then I can relate. Any QB anywhere, who can throw for 300 yards, is not hurt IMO. Even if he ran for his 60+ yard average, I'd spot you another TD and you still don't win. LCM fans also said that we didn't see their best game. If a team hasn't been in the playoffs for 13 years and it comes down to playing for your playoff lives and you can't play your ''best game'', then you don't deserve to go.

I will be more gracious when I see some posts that give Nederland more credit for the win than trying to get sympathy for their injuries. We play through our injuries. We stopped you run game without our starting LB, who will be back next week. It's called depth, and some teams have it. We have coaches who can coach a sub to play at starting level.
[/quote]

It doesn't take much of a judge to consider the following post less than gracious;

[b]Nederland spanked that hiney tonight and you know it.

Chew on that while Nederland is working on winning their playoff game or two this year.  Hurt QB or not, that was an old-fashioned country  butt-whuppin'.[/b]

If you've kept up with mine and several other posters you will see I've never discredited Nederlands success. Fact is I think there is only one, maybe two LCM posters that have made excuses for the loss.

I'm a little disapointed BD, sounds like you're taking posting tips from TrueBlue  :)

Good luck Nederland

[/quote]

List all the smack posters from LCM to be fair... ::)

You have trash talkers in every city, there's not one that doesn't.  The problem is that most trash talkers can't take it when they get it handed to them. But one fact remains this game is over and we may be playing without our QB or defensive lineman, but play we will win or lose.

Guest Abraham
Man i love all this!! LCM can't except they loss and didn't make the playoffs .. Yes you started the season out great, but due to injuries yall slowly but surely went down the drain sorry but its the truth. You cant go back know all you can do is except that nederland came out ready to play and the bears didnt. All in all great season Bears amd goodluck Nederland in the playoffs!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder