20-4A Playoff Scenarios

Hopefully I got this right. Let me know if you find any discrepancies.

Central - In and will go DI-C

PNG - Win and they're in. If they lose, they are NOT in only if Livingston beats Vidor and Nederland beats LCM by 11 points or less.

LCM - Win and they're in. If they lose, they are NOT in only if Livingston beats Vidor and Nederland beats LCM by 12 points or more.

Livingston - Lose and they're out. If they win, they are NOT in only if PNG beats Central and Nederland beats LCM by 2 or more but not more than 11.

Nederland - Lose and they're out. If they win, they are NOT in only if PNG beats Central and Livingston beats Vidor and Nederland beats LCM by 2 or more.

Lumberton - Lose and they're out. If they win, they are in only if LCM beats Nederland and Vidor beats Livingston by 15 or less.

Vidor - Lose and they're out. If they win, they are in under 2 scenarios:
    1. Ozen beats Lumberton and LCM beats Nederland OR
    2. Lumberton beats Ozen and LCM beats Nederland and Vidor beats Livingston by 16 or more

Ozen - Out

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="Puma42" post="892589" timestamp="1288498837"]
So Nederland has to have this happen:
[list]
[*]Win by at least 2
[*]PNG beat Central
[*]Livingston beat Vidor
[/list]

is this right?
[/quote]

Nederland has to win. They are in:
  1. If PNG loses to Central

If PNG beats Central then:
      2. If Vidor beats Livingston
      3. If Livingston beats Vidor and Nederland beats LCM by 3 or more

[quote name="Englebert" post="892574" timestamp="1288497909"]
[quote author=WOS92 link=topic=75312.msg892573#msg892573 date=1288497796]
Having four playoff teams is a joke.
[/quote]

I agree. I wish they would go back to two!
[/quote]
that won't happen, if anything there is a better chance of more playoff teams in the bigger districts.  Besides think of all the excitement you'd miss trying to figure out playoff scenarios!  ;)

[quote name="Big Ford" post="892601" timestamp="1288499777"]
If Nederland wins, they are in.  If Livingston Wins, they are in.  If LC-M wins they are in.  If PN-G wins, they are in.  What does that mean?  Take care of your business and you live to play another week.
[/quote]

The only teams that control their own destiny are Central (already in), PNG and LCM. Even if Livingston, Nederland, Lumberton and/or Vidor win, they need help.

19-4A D1 #1 seed [color=red]Crosby[/color] vs 20-4A D1 #2 seed [color=red]Nederland[/color]/PN-G (If Nederland wins, they play this game, if they don't, PN-G)
19-4A D1 #2 seed [color=red]Galena Park [/color] vs 20-4A D1 #1 seed [color=red]Beaumont Central [/color] (this game is all but set in stone)

19-4A D2 #1 seed [color=red]Dayton[/color] vs 20-4A D2 #2 seed [color=red]Livingston[/color]/LC-M/PN-G (good to be in the playoffs, but this is the worst case scenerio)
19-4A D2 #2 seed [color=red]Barbers Hill [/color] vs 20-4A D2 #1 seed Livingston/[color=red]LC-M[/color]/PN-G

My picks in red.

[quote name="WOSgrad" post="892616" timestamp="1288500600"]
I've just gone through the scenarios and um, I think PN-G may be in regardless.
[/quote]

PNG does not make the playoffs if Central, Livingston and Nederland win (with Nederland winning by 11 or less) because currently:

Livingston is +4
LCM is +3 and has to lose
Nederland is +2 and has to win
PNG is -9

Of these 4, 3 will make the playoffs. So the one with the worst point differential is out. Livingston will be +4. Nederland will be +??? (higher than +2) depending on the score. LCM is currently +3 and just has to stay better than -9, which is an 11 point loss or less. In this scenario, LCM, Nederland and Livingston all have better point differentials than PNG. Let me know if you find something wrong with this one.

[quote name="Englebert" post="892623" timestamp="1288501526"]
[quote author=WOSgrad link=topic=75312.msg892616#msg892616 date=1288500600]
I've just gone through the scenarios and um, I think PN-G may be in regardless.
[/quote]

PNG does not make the playoffs if Central, Livingston and Nederland win (with Nederland winning by 11 or less) because currently:

Livingston is +4
LCM is +3 and has to lose
Nederland is +2 and has to win
PNG is -9

Of these 4, 3 will make the playoffs. So the one with the worst point differential is out. Livingston will be +4. Nederland will be +??? (higher than +2) depending on the score. LCM is currently +3 and just has to stay better than -9, which is an 11 point loss or less. In this scenario, LCM, Nederland and Livingston all have better point differentials than PNG. Let me know if you find something wrong with this one.

[/quote]

No, remember the first tie break is not point spread, but head to head records amongst the tied teams.  That does create a four way tie between PNG, LCM, Livingston and Nederland.  In that case, the first tiebreaker is head to head record amongst the tied teams.  Nederland (beat PNG and in this scenario, LCM and lost to Livingston) has a 2-1 mark.  Livingston (beat PNG and Nederland, lost to LCM) also has a 2-1 mark.  PNG (beat LCM, lost to Nederland and Livingston) and LCM (beat Livingston, lost to PNG and in this scenario Nederland) would have 1-2 marks.

Nederland and Livingston would go due to their 2-1 marks amongst the tied teams. PNG would go in this scenario due to having the head to head tie breaker with the other team (LCM) with a 1-2 mark.  

So if Central, Nederland and Livingston win, then Nederland, Livingston, and PNG are the remaining playoff teams.

[quote name="Big Ford" post="892601" timestamp="1288499777"]
If Nederland wins, they are in.  If Livingston Wins, they are in.  If LC-M wins they are in.  If PN-G wins, they are in.  What does that mean?  Take care of your business and you live to play another week.
[/quote]
This is impossible since LC-M and Nederland play each other, both of those teams can't win.

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder