lamar updates......31-6 LU Falls!

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="puddin tane" post="893176" timestamp="1288568550"]
[quote author=HoopInsider_Cooper link=topic=75277.msg893140#msg893140 date=1288565967]
[font=Courier]Raiders99LHS80,

With a non-existent running game, should LU go out and recruit a RB or is Cody Hussey the answer?[/font]
[/quote]

imho..he aint the answer
[/quote]no they have alot more problems than one rb could ever fix, starting with the coaching.

[quote name="HoopInsider_Cooper" post="893140" timestamp="1288565967"]
[font=Courier]Raiders99LHS80,

With a non-existent running game, should LU go out and recruit a RB or is Cody Hussey the answer?[/font]
[/quote]
Why did you have to shake his cage?  You should know that he is not going to give a reasonable answer.  Lamar has done everything wrong.  The field turf is the wrong shade of green.  The stadium lights need to be adjusted by 3 degrees to shine on the field properly.  If only Lamar would have consulted him everything would have been great.  The Cardinals would be undefeated and they would already be in the SEC.  I'm sure even the hot dogs would taste better.  ::)

You give Logan and Hussey some blocking and they can run the football.....Neither are blazing fast but I remember when Florida State had an All-American named Amp Lee who they said only ran a 4.65 forty.....Any RB needs blocking no matter how fast they are, unless he is Barry Sanders....

Why address a question like that to raider?  You are a reporter address woodard our his recruiting coordinator with that.  You and txwhatever just try to use ridicule and sarcasm to dodge the facts.  Probably the only time you put on a strap was to go  to the prom! 

There are so many things that go into making a football program. EVERY one of them is a work in progress. I understand that with the excitement of the football program coming back comes the expectations of instant gratification, but you must be realistic with what will & will not be. IT TAKES TIME, to build a winning tradition. I am not a Lamar fan, but I am a football fan. Football is what I've chosen to do for a living. I know football & I'm Telling you...IT TAKES TIME TO BUILD A GOOD SOLID PROGRAM. Every 1st down, every touchdown, every game is a positive to build on for the next, at the end of the season, the coaches will have identified what needs to be addressed, Coach Woodard will have identified any coaching issues that need to be addressed and it will all get done. The HARDEST part of all of this will be for the fans & supporters of Lamar to understand this process and exercise the patience. There's too much talent in the area and too many good coaches around that want to be part of the program for it not to. Nothing positive comes out of a bunch of people fighting amongst themselves. You've got to pull the rope in the SAME direction & either encourage each other or pull with your mouth shut.

[quote name="hipster" post="893518" timestamp="1288620097"]
Why address a question like that to raider?  You are a reporter address woodard our his recruiting coordinator with that.  You and txwhatever just try to use ridicule and sarcasm to dodge the facts.  Probably the only time you put on a strap was to go  to the prom! 
[/quote]

He obviously did that because Hussey is a Lumberton boy.

[quote name="HardHitter" post="893452" timestamp="1288613436"]
You give Logan and Hussey some blocking and they can run the football.....Neither are blazing fast but I remember when Florida State had an All-American named Amp Lee who they said only ran a 4.65 forty.....Any RB needs blocking no matter how fast they are, unless he is Barry Sanders....
[/quote]

Emmitt Smith ran a 4.6 in the forty and I've seen film on him since high school. There were a ton of plays he made yards out of nothing.

Now, I'm not comparing a NFL HOF RB to the guys at Lamar just stating a fact you don't have to run a 4.4 to make over 3 yards per carry and maybe make a rushing TD sometime this season.

[quote name="1KatKiller" post="893716" timestamp="1288631294"]
Because of the expectations being expressed.
[/quote]

1kAtKiller, you made a great post earlier in this thread. My dream as a teenager was to be a coach. But, life had me join the military for several years. Then after enrolling at Lamar as a kinesiology major, I visited with my brother often as he was already in the coaching profession although he is younger.

I seen how hard he worked. How many hours a day he put in and how many days a week he worked. Especially his work load during football and track as he was an assistant in both sports.

So, I decided to change my major to nursing.

I stated all the above to get to the point that only another coach has the right to judge another coach. People who aren't in the profession have no clue what it takes to be successful and sometimes as a coach you can do everything right and still lose.

You won't see me posting anything negative about a coach at any level.

Now, that doesn't mean I always agree with their actions.  ;D

[quote name="HardHitter" post="893730" timestamp="1288632022"]
HoopInsider_Coop

with the terrible QB play, should Lamar go out and recruit a QB or is Bevil the answer ?

one of the WO-S boys...
[/quote]

HoopInsider_Cooper played basketball at LC-M and is a Bear alumnus.

Hunter Gonzales is the QB for the Bears but I don't think he'll play that position in college. Plus, he is a great athlete and plays several sports. He may decide to play college ball in a sport other than football.

[quote name="bigred360" post="893739" timestamp="1288632691"]
[quote author=1KatKiller link=topic=75277.msg893716#msg893716 date=1288631294]
[/quote]

1kAtKiller, you made a great post earlier in this thread. My dream as a teenager was to be a coach. But, life had me join the military for several years. Then after enrolling at Lamar as a kinesiology major, I visited with my brother often as he was already in the coaching profession although he is younger.

I seen how hard he worked. How many hours a day he put in and how many days a week he worked. Especially his work load during football and track as he was an assistant in both sports.

I stated all the above to get to the point that only another coach has the right to judge another coach. People who aren't in the profession have no clue what it takes to be successful and sometimes as a coach you can do everything right and still lose.

[/quote]This has to be one of the most rediculous posts i've read to date. are you seriously sitting there stating that no one has the right to question a coach unless they're a coach themselves? LOL, i'm not "in the profession", but i can bet you i've forgotten more about this game then you'll ever know about!

And for katkiller, ask jim harbaugh, or jimmy johnson how long it takes to turn a program into a traditional winner, or nick saban, urban meyer, i guess i could go on, but you get the point.

Set goals for your team, high ones and when the team has one to shoot for, you create teamwork, have your team working together for a common good. Don't settle for the same old generic "well it's our first year, i don't expect us to win". Those are nothing but excuses. And excuses are signs of weakness.

[quote name="hipster" post="893518" timestamp="1288620097"]
[/quote]LOL hipster is probably so deadly accurate on that one that i shouldn't be laughing! Too funny! ;D

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="894005" timestamp="1288649764"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75277.msg893739#msg893739 date=1288632691]
[/quote]

[/quote]This has to be one of the most rediculous posts i've read to date. are you seriously sitting there stating that no one has the right to question a coach unless they're a coach themselves? LOL, i'm not "in the profession", but i can bet you i've forgotten more about this game then you'll ever know about!

And for katkiller, ask jim harbaugh, or jimmy johnson how long it takes to turn a program into a traditional winner, or nick saban, urban meyer, i guess i could go on, but you get the point.

Set goals for your team, high ones and when the team has one to shoot for, you create teamwork, have your team working together for a common good. Don't settle for the same old generic "well it's our first year, i don't expect us to win". Those are nothing but excuses. And excuses are signs of weakness.
[/quote]

Mister, you are so bad with grammar there should be a rule. A poster must have at least an 8th grade education before posting on this message board because besides your frequent spelling problems you have reading comprehension difficulties.

You have me shaking my head at how "ridiculous" some of your comments are.

I stated only a coach has a right to judge another coach. I did not say you couldn't question a decision a coach makes as I even stated, "I don't always agree with their actions".

The most ridiculous part of your post is the fact you aren't in the coaching profession but think you have "forgotten more about this game then you'll ever know about!".

Please enlighten me as to how you are going to prove your statement. Then again you don't know more than the vast majority of high school coaches who are at the varsity level. You definitely don't know more about the sport than coaches at the FCS or FBS divisions of DI college football.

You show how smart you are when comparing Jimmy Johnson with coaches turning a college program into a "traditional winner". At the University of Miami, Howard Schnellenberger had already turned that program into a "traditional winner".Then, at Dallas maybe you heard of the Herschel Walker trade? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade. That was the reason for his success in Dallas. Look at his time with the Miami Dolphins. His success with Dallas didn't translate to the Dolphins as his best record there was 10-6 in 1998. In 1996 he was 8-8, 9-7 in 1997 and 9-7 in 1999; his four year record for the Miami Dolphins was 36-28. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Johnson_%28American_football_coach%29

[quote name="bigred360" post="894136" timestamp="1288657058"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=75277.msg894005#msg894005 date=1288649764]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Mister, you are so bad with grammar there should be a rule. A poster must have at least an 8th grade education before posting on this message board because besides your frequent spelling problems you have reading comprehension difficulties.

I stated only a coach has a right to judge another coach. I did not say you couldn't question a decision a coach makes as I even stated, "I don't always agree with their actions".

The most ridiculous part of your post is the fact you aren't in the coaching profession but think you have "forgotten more about this game then you'll ever know about!".

Please enlighten me as to how you are going to prove your statement. Then again you don't know more than the vast majority of high school coaches who are at the varsity level. You definitely don't know more about the sport than coaches at the FCS or FBS divisions of DI college football.

You show how smart you are when comparing Jimmy Johnson with coaches turning a college program into a "traditional winner". At the University of Miami, Howard Schnellenberger had already turned that program into a "traditional winner".Then, at Dallas maybe you heard of the Herschel Walker trade? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade. That was the reason for his success in Dallas. Look at his time with the Miami Dolphins. His success with Dallas didn't translate to the Dolphins as his best record there was 10-6 in 1998. In 1996 he was 8-8, 9-7 in 1997 and 9-7 in 1999; his four year record for the Miami Dolphins was 36-28. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Johnson_%28American_football_coach%29
[/quote]how many rings does he have? and mister, i could have sworn it takes 11 on both sides of the ball to win football games not just one running back. correct me if i'm wrong, but not on grammer, that's you're way of deflecting the facts and truths i'm saying. i'm not a coach, but i grew up a son of one (H.S. VARSITY State Champ OC/D1 Letterman), a nephew of another (H.S. Varsity HC/College HC/D1 Letterman) and a long line of coaches that carry my same last name, so i know just a little about this game. so there's your proof.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="894195" timestamp="1288659640"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75277.msg894136#msg894136 date=1288657058]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=75277.msg894005#msg894005 date=1288649764]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]how many rings does he have? and mister, i could have sworn it takes 11 on both sides of the ball to win football games not just one running back. correct me if i'm wrong, but not on grammer, that's you're way of deflecting the facts and truths i'm saying. i'm not a coach, but i grew up a son of one (H.S. VARSITY State Champ OC/D1 Letterman), a nephew of another (H.S. Varsity HC/College HC/D1 Letterman) and a long line of coaches that carry my same last name, so i know just a little about this game. so there's your proof.
[/quote]

that might be the first and only thing you've ever typed that I agree with.

that said, you've already said..you dont root for lamar, attend LU, or go to games...why all the posts ?

[quote name="puddin tane" post="894200" timestamp="1288660081"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=75277.msg894195#msg894195 date=1288659640]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

that might be the first and only thing you've ever typed that I agree with.

that said, you've already said..you dont root for lamar, attend LU, or go to games...why all the posts ?
[/quote]i have gone to one game, and like i already said after that game (SH) i won't be going back until LU improves. which we both know they have not. actually they've degressed as a team. i won't be back for another game until i see improvement.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="894195" timestamp="1288659640"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You call that proof? I have several relatives and friends who have been in the coaching profession or they are currently coaching. That has no barring on my knowledge of the game of football and neither does your relationships cause you to know more.

Honestly, I am very surprised that the son of a high school coach who won a state championship thinks he knows as much about the game as people who it is their JOB to know the game.

Thanks for the prior post, as we can all see you are a fair weathered fan. Support when they win and stay away when they aren't.  ::)

[quote name="bigred360" post="894224" timestamp="1288661206"]
[quote author=Raiders99LHS80 link=topic=75277.msg894195#msg894195 date=1288659640]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You call that proof? I have several relatives and friends who have been in the coaching profession or they are currently coaching. That has no barring on my knowledge of the game of football and neither does your relationships cause you to know more.

Honestly, I am very surprised that the son of a high school coach who won a state championship thinks he knows as much about the game as people who it is their JOB to know the game.

Thanks for the prior post, as we can all see you are a fair weathered fan. Support when they win and stay away when they aren't.  ::)
[/quote]don't put words in my mouth. all i said was i knew more than you. which is evident by your remark about being a coaches son doesn't mean you know more about the game. any coach will tell you they would love to have coaches sons on their squad. and if they said it didn't matter, then they prob weren't winning many games. but in your case you never put on a jock anyway so you really wouldn't understand.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="894242" timestamp="1288662255"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75277.msg894224#msg894224 date=1288661206]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Thanks for the prior post, as we can all see you are a fair weathered fan. Support when they win and stay away when they aren't.  ::)
[/quote]don't put words in my mouth. all i said was i knew more than you. which is evident by your remark about being a coaches son doesn't mean you know more about the game. any coach will tell you they would love to have coaches sons on their squad. and if they said it didn't matter, then they prob weren't winning many games. but in your case you never put on a jock anyway so you really wouldn't understand.
[/quote]

Ring the bell and go at it, but do it in another forum...

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="894242" timestamp="1288662255"]
[quote author=bigred360 link=topic=75277.msg894224#msg894224 date=1288661206]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]don't put words in my mouth. all i said was i knew more than you. which is evident by your remark about being a coaches son doesn't mean you know more about the game. any coach will tell you they would love to have coaches sons on their squad. and if they said it didn't matter, then they prob weren't winning many games. [b]but in your case you never put on a jock anyway so you really wouldn't understand.[/b]
[/quote]

There you go talking about something you have no knowledge of. I played CB as a sophomore. Then was moved to free safety as a junior. As a senior, I was moved to offense and played wide receiver.

I never said sons of coaches don't know more than the average person. But, they don't know more than people who their occupation is to know the game of football.

I'm very confident in my knowledge of football and will not lose any sleep having you think you know more. You don't do it for a living so it really doesn't matter.

I do wonder about your knowledge of football at the NFL level if you don't think the Herschel Walker trade didn't have any effect on the success of the Dallas Cowboys in the 1990's.

Your comment was something about having 11 players on both sides of the ball to win football games and not one running back (Herschel Walker). Well, the trade lead to Dallas getting 3 players from the Minnesota Vikings. They got draft picks that lead to them getting Emmitt Smith, Alexander Wright, James Williams, Alvin Harper, Dixon Edwards, Darren Woodson and Russell Maryland.

Emmitt Smith RB, James Williams DB, Alvin Harper WR, Dixon Edwards OLB, Darren Woodson SS and Russell Maryland DL, all started for the Cowboys during their Super Bowl run in the 1990's. They all got to Dallas via the HW trade.

Smith, Woodson and Maryland all made at least one Pro Bowl and Emmitt Smith is the NFL All-Time leading rusher.

You can continue this debate but I'm done as this thread started as a game thread about the North Dakota game. Maybe it will get back to it's original topic.

[quote name="Raiders99LHS80" post="894005" timestamp="1288649764"]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Wow, how enlightening!!!  You are brilliant!!  I think you could have taught Vince Lombardi a thing or two with your brilliant insight!!  I didn't realize that coaching was so simple.  Set high goals...i bet no coaches do that!!!  Utterly brilliant!!!  And excuses being signs of weakness?!!  Wow, how did you think of that.  Please great one, share some more of your tidbits so that we may all achieve your greatness!!!

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    yielder
    Newest Member
    yielder