**Port Neches-Groves @ Vidor Broadcast/PNG Wins 28-17

Guest JoesBros

Great game and great halftime, but that was the most poor a** excuse for any kind of traffic control that I've ever seen!!!! There is only 1 way into the stadium and there was no kind of police controling the traffic. PNG's band was in Vidor at 6 pm but took them until after kickoff to get into the stadium.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name="prepballfan" post="891292" timestamp="1288412391"]
Id like to say thankyou to the Pirate faithful and the school for honoring tip duram during tonights game. Very classy move by Vidor/   The halftime show was really impressive and one of a kind................ Thankyou    from an Indian fan
[/quote]
Well said prepballfan. It was a very classy thing to honor Tip. Congrats to Vidor for the best homecoming halftime performance in Southeast Texas. Good win for the Indians against a hard fighting Pirate team.

[quote name="w/e2010" post="891300" timestamp="1288412526"]
[quote author=Tim Riggins link=topic=75192.msg891222#msg891222 date=1288410723]
Good game Indians!  Classy move by Faircloth to have Doty take a knee at the end.  As anyone who went to the game saw, Pirates definitely had their chances, but turnovers still plague this team.  The strip fumble inside the PNG 20 and the gift fumble inside the Vidor 5 come to mind.  
No excuses though, turnovers, (and penalties) are part of the game.
Good luck against Central next week.
[/quote]
i take i that you didnt see the horse collar that caused him to fumble
[/quote]

Please really?  before any of you PNG people start jumping on this guy let me.  That was a legit fumble.  The kid that tackle him grabbed him with one hand and knocked the ball out with the other.  How the heck is that a horse collar.  A horse collar is if you are brought down by the back of the shoulder pads.  Thats not what happened.  This game was one of the most undisciplined game I have ever seen Vidor play.  How many stupid personal foul penilties did we get anyway.  Could we have won yes.  Playing like we did tonight NO!!!!  The only excuss we can use is we killed ourselves.

[quote name="PNGFan" post="891313" timestamp="1288412814"]
Great game and great halftime, but that was the most poor a** excuse for any kind of traffic control that I've ever seen!!!! There is only 1 way into the stadium and there was no kind of police controling the traffic. PNG's band was in Vidor at 6 pm but took them until after kickoff to get into the stadium.
[/quote]False...There are several ways into the stadium...You can come from downtown or from old hwy 90. There are many side streets leading from old hwy 90 to the stadium.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="891323" timestamp="1288413157"]
[quote author=w/e2010 link=topic=75192.msg891300#msg891300 date=1288412526]
Good game Indians!  Classy move by Faircloth to have Doty take a knee at the end.  As anyone who went to the game saw, Pirates definitely had their chances, but turnovers still plague this team.  The strip fumble inside the PNG 20 and the gift fumble inside the Vidor 5 come to mind.  
[/quote]
[/quote]

Please really?  before any of you PNG people start jumping on this guy let me.  That was a legit fumble.  The kid that tackle him grabbed him with one hand and knocked the ball out with the other.  How the heck is that a horse collar.  A horse collar is if you are brought down by the back of the shoulder pads.  Thats not what happened.  This game was one of the most undisciplined game I have ever seen Vidor play.  [b]How many stupid personal foul penilties did we get anyway. [/b]  Could we have won yes.  Playing like we did tonight NO!!!!  The only excuss we can use is we killed ourselves.
[/quote]
Way too many personal foul penalties for both teams. Neither Faircloth or Matthews put up with that. Undisciplined is right!

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="891323" timestamp="1288413157"]
[quote author=w/e2010 link=topic=75192.msg891300#msg891300 date=1288412526]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Please really?  before any of you PNG people start jumping on this guy let me.  That was a legit fumble.  The kid that tackle him grabbed him with one hand and knocked the ball out with the other.  How the heck is that a horse collar.  A horse collar is if you are brought down by the back of the shoulder pads.  Thats not what happened.  This game was one of the most undisciplined game I have ever seen Vidor play.  How many stupid personal foul penilties did we get anyway.  Could we have won yes.  Playing like we did tonight NO!!!!  The only excuss we can use is we killed ourselves.
[/quote]Good post!!!! I was extremly disappointed in both teams with the P.F penalties..Play hard but play clean.JMO

Yes 68 you are correct. But you have be from Vidor to know the alternate routes. Thank goodness I work with peeps from Vidor. If not i'd still be in line to get out!

[quote name="pirate68" post="891331" timestamp="1288413402"]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=75192.msg891313#msg891313 date=1288412814]
[/quote]False...There are several ways into the stadium...You can come from downtown or from old hwy 90. There are many side streets leading from old hwy 90 to the stadium.
[/quote]

[quote name="indnfan" post="891339" timestamp="1288413628"]
Yes 68 you are correct. But you have be from Vidor to know the alternate routes. Thank goodness I work with peeps from Vidor. If not i'd still be in line to get out!

[quote author=pirate68 link=topic=75192.msg891331#msg891331 date=1288413402]
[quote author=PNGFan link=topic=75192.msg891313#msg891313 date=1288412814]
[/quote]
[/quote]Correct...If you park in the north parking lot your out and on I-10 in about 10 minutes

You are right Riggins, but he wasn't just on him. He was on the whole entire offense. He does not like to see them penalties. Also if you saw the unsportsman like penalty that was off-setting against #33, he was also in his face for that penalty as well. Great game by both teams. Just wish the penalties would go away. Good luck against Livingston. Go get'em!

[quote name="BADSANTA" post="891804" timestamp="1288462492"]
Vidor could have won this!
[/quote]

I'm not sure what game you watched, but I would say that we pretty much dominated the game ...we didn't really open up our offense for quick scores in the 2nd half..giving way to the ground game to control the clock with a big lead.  Yes, Vidor had some key fumbles, but someone had to force those fumbles.  Our D is making progress each game it seems.

[quote name="90PNGNDN" post="891869" timestamp="1288466906"]
[quote author=BADSANTA link=topic=75192.msg891804#msg891804 date=1288462492]
[/quote]

I'm not sure what game you watched, but I would say that we pretty much dominated the game ...we didn't really open up our offense for quick scores in the 2nd half..giving way to the ground game to control the clock with a big lead.  Yes, Vidor had some key fumbles, but someone had to force those fumbles.  Our D is making progress each game it seems.
[/quote]

As much as I understand what your saying badsanta but coulda, woulda, and shoulda wouldnt have helped us last night.  And by no means did PNG dominate the game either.  So Im not sure what game you watched either pngndn.  Vidor beat themselves in every aspect of the game.  Penalties are getting rediculous now.  We have to led the league in false start, illegal motion, and illegle shift penalties.  And its getting worse.  Now to and all the dumb ones like unsportsmanlike penalties its getting bad.  We have got to stop making the mental mistakes.  They have killed us this season. Png punted just as much as we did.  So no your offence is not that dominate.  The only really good defense we have seen is Central.  I guess PNG will see that Friday.  I laughed earlier this season when a Kirbyville poster put up Kirbyville would make the playoffs in 4a.  Well with one game left and one offence and defence to watch I would have to agree with them.  As much as I hate to admit it I think Central is the only team in our dictrict that could beat them and Central is the only team in our district that has a chance of going more than 2 rounds deep in the playoffs.  Sorry, I'll get off the soap box now.  Good luck the rest of the way.

[quote name="TITAN POWER" post="891978" timestamp="1288472144"]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=75192.msg891869#msg891869 date=1288466906]
[/quote]

[/quote]

As much as I understand what your saying badsanta but coulda, woulda, and shoulda wouldnt have helped us last night.  And by no means did PNG dominate the game either.  So Im not sure what game you watched either pngndn.  Vidor beat themselves in every aspect of the game.  Penalties are getting rediculous now.  We have to led the league in false start, illegal motion, and illegle shift penalties.  And its getting worse.  Now to and all the dumb ones like unsportsmanlike penalties its getting bad.  We have got to stop making the mental mistakes.  They have killed us this season. Png punted just as much as we did.  So no your offence is not that dominate.  The only really good defense we have seen is Central.  I guess PNG will see that Friday.  I laughed earlier this season when a Kirbyville poster put up Kirbyville would make the playoffs in 4a.  Well with one game left and one offence and defence to watch I would have to agree with them.  As much as I hate to admit it I think Central is the only team in our dictrict that could beat them and Central is the only team in our district that has a chance of going more than 2 rounds deep in the playoffs.  Sorry, I'll get off the soap box now.  Good luck the rest of the way.
[/quote]I agree but you left off the biggest of them all...Turnovers!!!!! I bet we average 3 a game. Our kids can not hold onto the football. Its been a problem for the last couple years.

[quote name="pirate68" post="892029" timestamp="1288475315"]
[quote author=TITAN POWER link=topic=75192.msg891978#msg891978 date=1288472144]
[quote author=90PNGNDN link=topic=75192.msg891869#msg891869 date=1288466906]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I agree but you left off the biggest of them all...Turnovers!!!!! I bet we average 3 a game. Our kids can not hold onto the football. Its ben a problem for the last couple years.
[/quote]

Agreed,  The points dont look like it but our defence is better but the offence is getting worse.  Fundamentals, Fundamentals, Fundamentals

Guest Pirate_pride_07
I am a kid i just graduated a couple of years ago. i know what its like to be out there on that field. i may not have played for the pirates but i did play and imo he deserved that for what he did. it was just pathetic. i wasn't bashing on his abilities or anything like that. i was bashing on his attitude and imo it needed a lot of help last night.

[quote name="mytwocents" post="892178" timestamp="1288482156"]
i call em like i see em.
[/quote]
You haven't seen anything, you don't know Brennan Doty at all. He's a great kid so get off of his back. He's very passionate about the game, therefore he got upset when they called a penalty on him whenever an ex-PN-G coach was freaking out and yelling on the field about over celebrating after a touchdown and he did a minor gesture towards him. I'm not justifying what he did at all, the flag was appropriate, but the fact of the matter is that everyone messes up and he's still in high school, and you're not.

Guest Pirate_pride_07
[quote name="Ftballfan11" post="892190" timestamp="1288482747"]
[quote author=mytwocents link=topic=75192.msg892178#msg892178 date=1288482156]
i call em like i see em.
[/quote]
You haven't seen anything, you don't know Brennan Doty at all. He's a great kid so get off of his back. He's very passionate about the game, therefore he got upset when they called a penalty on him whenever an ex-PN-G coach was freaking out and yelling on the field about over celebrating after a touchdown and he did a minor gesture towards him. I'm not justifying what he did at all, the flag was appropriate, but the fact of the matter is that everyone messes up and he's still in high school, and you're not.
[/quote]

A minor gesture? He got abotu 6 inches from the refs face and balled up his fists. That ain't no minor gesture. And what x png coach are you talking about?